It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Puddle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
A dark, brooding, and menacing looking storm followed me home tonight...

The evening commute typically filled with honking horns, battling lanes, and swearing threats of violence was interrupted as a tiny drop splashed on my hood. Soon the drop was followed crack of thunder suddenly all the drivers focused on the road instead of their smart phones. Quickly they gripped their wheels, I followed suit and no sooner the droplets became a sheet of falling rain. Lighting flashed warnings during this end of summer shower, the cars seemed to take heed and slowed, uncertain of what dangers might quickly appear.

Rolling tires accompanied by rolling rumbles amid a torrent, the long days stress rolled from my brow. My shoulders dropped amid the massaging sound of water tapping above my head. Hypnotically the wipers kept a beat in their unceasing side to side rocking trying clear my windshield, instead cleared my mind. Spellbound by the storm, time whipped past me almost as fast and hard as the wind lashed the rain against my car so mesmerized I drove on…

Finding myself pulling into the drive a typically horrid trip was almost enjoyable as the clouds began to part. The rain had began to let up when I opened my door, stepped out and let a few drops splash onto my face, creating a small smile. I looked down to where the deluge had gathered into pools, I caught the reflection of a tired aging man as the final drops from the storm subsided. But as each drop caused ripples across the water for an instant I swear the image had changed!

A Drip…a shimmer…and a flash as a small ray of light from the setting sun peeking through the clouds bounced off the water, it went still like magic mirror.

Reflected back to me was the vision of a small boy who loved to dance in the rain, a boy filled with dreams, who chased rainbows. He tamed thunder monsters during a tempest while wearing big rubber boots! This boy knew nothing of work or the stresses of life, he cared only about spinning like a cloud, running through a downpour and splashing in a puddle...
edit on 12-9-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

Inspired!

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Loved this! I remember playing in the rain, splashing in puddles and having no fear whatsoever of thunderstorms. I still love them to this day. When I was a kid I'd ask my mom what made the thunder and of course she told me it was angels bowling in heaven. Wonder how many other kids got the same answer. Thanks for sharing...

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   

queenofsheba
Loved this! I remember playing in the rain, splashing in puddles and having no fear whatsoever of thunderstorms. I still love them to this day. When I was a kid I'd ask my mom what made the thunder and of course she told me it was angels bowling in heaven. Wonder how many other kids got the same answer. Thanks for sharing...

Thank you,

I have often wondered who doesn't like a thunderstorm? I am sure are those out there that do but I have not met them.

Angels bowling is classic! Oddly I don't remember what I was told if anything? Being the kid I was I probably looked it up in a science book but still it never took the mystery out of it for me.

edit on 13-9-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

top topics

join