It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA's Voyager 1 Captures The Sound Of Interstellar Space

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Well, quite frankly the Voyager program is an amazing feat of engineering. I remember the launch in 1977, a man made machine has been traveling through space all these years with much less computer power than an IPhone. Apparently it has enough power to continue for another ten years, I would give the team Who have been at the helm the Nobel prize. Great Job !! And it continues.

William Shatner Tweeted This

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

First thought was when clicking this thread. Im gonna get Rick Rolled...

lol

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Sounds like something off Star Trek TOS. A transporter sound perhaps?

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I would have expected a sound like ZZTops makes. Even something from Pink Floyd possibly. That just sounds like the breaks squeeling on my car when they need replacing. It's Kind of a depressing sound to me hearing the wear tabs hitting the disk.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
A medium allows sound to travel.

A vacuum does not.

Space is a vacuum. But it is still full of stuff.

Closed threads, damn you single most dastardly thing !!!11

It'a a bit like saying "I always knew you could breath under water!" because you found a huge air bubble at the bottom of the sea.

(We were told to add our comments here. So in reply to another post, I did. Sorry to be confusing..)

edit on 14-9-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-9-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Many moons ago, I spoke to a friend of my brother-in-law. He was a radio astronomer, but he'd recently taken a different job then listening to space. When I asked him why he quit he got the strangest look on his face. It has been over a decade and I will never forget it. The man literally turned white and said, "I couldn't take it anymore.". I asked him why and he said, "The things you hear..." He shook his head and when I tried to get him to explain all he would say was that he had no doubt there was good and evil in the universe after some of the things he'd heard.

To this day his words haunt me. Spooky stuff.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   

That is really scary sounding.

It sounds like it is saying .. . "Help". .. . ."Run" . ..

Maybe they stumbled upon an EVP. I wouldn't say it is out of the question. Do you suppose there are ghosts out in space?

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Just need to add more info for why the plasma become very dense up to 40 times...

It will continue to increase till voyager will burn, its more like a comet is entering the atmosphere of earth and it burns even more, while it approaches the surface, till it explodes.

thats what it is... But thats our personal opinion about it. So keep that in mind, it didnt left because if it does, the magnetic field changes direction. It didnt changed any direction...

I believe soon enough, nasa will announce the death of voyager, they will may say it lost or vanished, or crashed... whatever...

take these notes from an article: www.katv.com...

"Fisk was bothered by the absence of a change in magnetic field direction. "
That means voyager is sitll under the influence of our sun.

""The particular oscillations meant the spacecraft was bathed in plasma more than 40 times denser than what they had encountered in the outer layer of the heliosphere.""

Is what I ve wrote before, it will increase in a level that it will evaporate voyager, explode it (its a very dense nutron (plasma) atmosphere up there). These stuff are known to us (my country), because we know history, we know what they try to achieve and we know the result of it... lol I am not a physicist, but we know these things).
edit on 16-9-2013 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
today new articles pop up in the US media... nymag.com...

And they will keep coming... I told you, it cant leave... In their sketch, is still inside the heliosphere.

I ve wrote where the exits are in a prev comment (i think in this topic), south and north pole of the solar system, the south (I typed it wrong in the prev comment because my English are not perfect and I confuse north with south, am dyslexic) pole is the ideal of moving out. The north side is were the cosmic energy moves in and the south, were the cosmic energy moves out, that means the south is the ideal of moving out. But everything that moves out or in (living organism) is considered hostile, so cannot move in or move out without permision... Only rocks.

They have to deal with it, they cant move out. And in my personal opinion, THEY know were the exits are, but they also know, they cant go that way... But there is no rifts to escape...
edit on 17-9-2013 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join