It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Writers: What are you currently working on?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I'm only working on one major project at the moment, my first... and am getting my feet wet even talking about it on line. If I were to pick a genre, based on Amazon's sub genre listings it would be listed in High Tech bordering on Space Opera.. but not quite.

Initially, I was going to publish it as one novel-- but I am starting to firmly believe that as this is my first work that I am actually putting out there--- putting it out there is more important then it's actually structure. I'm going to break it into 5 or 6 pieces and publish it 60 to 120 pages at a time in order to put my name out there.

Back in the day, you'd establish yourself attempting to publish short stories in periodicals, but that time is past. Plus at this point in my development, I either am incapable of coming up with short story concepts or don't want to. This is my compromise to just getting the work out there for consumption and feed back.

Sections one and two are in the editing stages--

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I'm currently working on my first novel, (26,000 words in!) and I'm in the "contemplation" stage of a new short story about a haunted file room in the basement of a corporate headquarters building. I just completed a long short story (a little over 7,000 words), and finally sent it off to a few literary magazines. It took me all summer to complete it, and I really hope it finds a home.

I'm very excited because I have a book of experimental poetry and poetic essaying coming out soon, all around the theme of work in America. It was two years in development and almost a year before I got an acceptance, so I'm looking forward to it's release.

My writing covers a wide variety of themes. I've written a few things that could be considered "speculative" poetry and short stories, but I tend to cover a lot of different ground.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Rhoswen

You say a long short story at 7,000 words. What constitutes a long short story? I've published a work myself that I would consider under that genre or classification if you will, but it was closer to 15,000...

<< 1   >>

join