It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Writers: What are you currently working on?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
This is just me being curious, but I'm doing some work on my newest book, and I started wondering what you guys might be working on.

For myself, I'm writing a novel that is essentially Science-Fiction, in the sense that it involves time travel, but it is more about a man who is looking for the place and time that he belongs in, as opposed to the one in which he was born (Our present day).
It takes place in the far future and the larger story itself will range over various times and places before it is finished, but for this particular novel, there won't be a large variety of locations/eras.

There's plenty more to the story (obviously), but that's what I'm working on in a nutshell.

So, out with it, what project(s) are you currently working on, and what is it about (If, that is, you are willing to share)?

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I am also working on a time travel story..... It involves a a female scientist and her twin brother getting trapped 27 years in the future, and through a series of unfortunate circumstances they inadvertently start a rebellion against a corrupt regime that has enslaved the masses through fear, indoctrination and overwhelming surveillance.....

I have most of the major plot points and details figured out already, i just need to blend it all together..

I am in no rush to finish tho i have been crafting the details for a while now

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorChaos

my newest bit is an erotica story set in WWII Stalingrad with Cthulhu, cossacks, pirates, a Russian sniper who falls in love with his stacked female ss captor who eventually sides with the allies, kill Cthulhu with bat bombs stolen from American bases in France, and moves to america to eventually invent rock and roll

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Okay, sure, why not. I had an idea for a short story that I thought was pretty good. I realize that by throwing it out here like this that it will become fair game, but I'm not doing anything with the idea, and for all I know, it has been done.

Anyhow, the idea revolves around an entire apartment complex that goes "vigilante". Some stuff goes down and they have finally had it, so the entire complex gets involved. The story starts more than a year later when the police in surrounding counties start to notice that criminals are mysteriously disappearing.

In my version, at first, the residents of The Complex exact revenge on any criminal that ventures in to their trap with gruesome exactitude. But word gets out and they start to run out of criminals, so they start sending out "hunting parties".

It could go anywhere from there, I dunno...

edit on 11-9-2013 by Bybyots because: .

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

rockoperawriter

my newest bit is an erotica story set in WWII Stalingrad with Cthulhu, cossacks, pirates, a Russian sniper who falls in love with his stacked female ss captor who eventually sides with the allies, kill Cthulhu with bat bombs stolen from American bases in France, and moves to america to eventually invent rock and roll

That sounds absolutely insane, I love it.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Bybyots

Definitely an interesting concept. I wouldn't worry too much about sharing ideas, unless it is something extraordinarily unique. In most cases, the phrase "It's been done before." is very true. In my own opinion, it doesn't matter if what I'm doing has been done before, or is being done presently, as long as it hasn't been done better.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Ph03n1x

Time travel can be so much fun to work with as a concept, I prefer the future in most cases, since it is completely open to interpretation, but the past can be entertaining as well.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

i think i'll call it zero

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I just love science fiction and time travel, especially into the future. You can really let your imagination run wild. Also stories with geneticly altered things like part human, part something else.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

ProfessorChaos
reply to post by Ph03n1x

Time travel can be so much fun to work with as a concept, I prefer the future in most cases, since it is completely open to interpretation, but the past can be entertaining as well.

I have been toying with the idea of several time jumps...

If you are familiar with the Manifold trilogy by Stephen baxter, there is a time jump sequence in "Time" that is so epic it inspired me to try the opposite... If you have read it you will know what i mean... i won't ruin it in case you haven't, it would be a crime punishable by death to do so haha

Manifold:Time

with time travel the possibilities are infinite...
edit on 11/9/2013 by Ph03n1x because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

part penguin?

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I just finished a fanfiction story I was working on recently...it's the 7th in what I anticipate to be a 9 part series. It was going to be 12 until I realized I was just prolonging the inevitable. So I've cut out the last trilogy and have no plans after I finish this one. There's a certain lackadaisical quality to my writing pace since there is absolutely no possibility I will ever be able to market my books. Fanfiction is fanfiction after all. So there's no rush. Gives me plenty of time to perfect my craft.

And these last two parts will provide a hell of a conclusion to this particular leg of my hobby-journey.
edit on 11-9-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

When I first began writing, I toyed with writing in the Lovecraft universe. I never finished the story, but it was definitely one that grabbed the reader's attention.

I may have to look back into that one at some point.

It's not actual 'Fan Fiction', but it is in the same vein in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   

didn't h.p. lovecraft say his stories are first hand accounts?

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by rockoperawriter

They are written primarily as first-hand accounts, yes. The story I was working on in the Lovecraftian Universe was also first-person; dealing with Miskatonic University, and the fictional town of Dunwich, MA.
edit on 9/13/2013 by ProfessorChaos because: typo

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

hope my character sees your character around somewhere

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I've got 2 outlines I've been working on. Both introspection pieces. One I'll probably post here, the other? Wellllll, it'll have to be cleaned up for the T&C. Wouldn't really work that way though. And I'm thinking of updating Wolf's Pray. It's been too long that I since I've posted in this forum. Used to be one of my fav's.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

rockoperawriter

hope my character sees your character around somewhere

I'm sure that Mr. Edward Montrose would be delighted to meet your character after his dealings with the Elder Gods and their minions.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   

and i will never stop until i find the nazi doctor heisler who turned my whole family into cult members of Tintenfischgruppe a secret nazi order worshipping cthulu. infiltrating bordellos, prison camps, laboratories, my trail was going cold until a meteor came out of the sky. it was not a meteor but a landing craft... from switzerland

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I have 3 major projects at the moment...

"The Immortal Tales", the series I've been posting about lately. It's a vampire/werewolf story that focuses more on witchcraft. The original vampires and werewolves, created by the gods Ephos and Dymas, ended their feud in a great war thousands of years ago, with the vampires returning victorious. They then locked themselves away, fearing their own power, leaving the world under the rule of their respective offspring. Set around 2000 years later, it follows the release of the first of the original vampires, the resurrected war between the vampire and werewolf factions, and the ultimate battle between gods and creations. I've published one novel so far, with the second almost there.

"The Mighty Hexahedron" is my second brainchild. It's a planned series similar to Terry Pratchett's "Discworld", however rather than a disc shaped planet, it is cubed. It has one star and one moon orbiting it, with a single pole on the top face. The first story is based around the dwarf race living beneath the ground. They travel from facet to facet (the faces of the planet) trading and evaluating the local populace, none of which know about the other sides of the planet (they believe their own world to be flat). It is nearing a time in "The Cube's" history where the gods decide whether a civilisation is deemed worthy to continue. It is up to one city watch commander to persuade the gods, or in their absence, Death, to allow their people to live on.

"Symbiosis" is the final series, a sci-fi set around world war 3. Rather than a standard "let's invade them, they have oil!", it chronicles the beginning of the war set off by an "alien" race that form a symbiotic relationship with the people they attack. Using this method, they gradually gain control of world governments, sending the global population into a spiral of destruction. As their power grows, they grow more and more careless, revealing themselves, and causing an uprising of rebels. Think a "Zombie invasion", but in place of the zombies, you have chest-cavity-invading aliens.

All this being said, don't rob me! My ideas are all I have!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join