It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama takes a victory lap!!!!!!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

I have presented the facts that back up my opinion, while you have not.

See JimmyX's post for additional facts.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Thanks for the laugh, I missed that post.

How is saying they are going to punish those responsible, they crossed the red line, etc., and then not following through saving face? Bahahahahaha!

ps- not saying I wanted the idiot to do it, just laughing at the ridiculousness of the comments! heh heh heh

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

poet1b

I have presented the facts that back up my opinion, while you have not.

See JimmyX's post for additional facts.

HAHAHAHA, you have provided no facts. And then you say see someone elses post for facts, LMAO.

We will see what a "winner" Obama is when the the peace process gets derailed by western interests.

If you ask me hes just a lying scumbag, just like pretty much all (with very few exceptions) politicians in the western world.
And for the record, it was France that was first to threaten force, so does that mean Obama is now a lapdog of France, PMSL.
The biggest hero IMO, as much as I dont like him is Ed Milliband for allowing the breathing room for diplomacy to even be considered. If he didnt rebel(see sense) in the house of commons then we would already be at war.

The facts are...
Obama boxed himself into a corner, like a naive fool, playing a game for men, when hes just a boy.
Kerry repeatedly used false evidence(proven fact) to justify an illegal intervention in a sovereign nations internal affairs.
And then to use a "false flag" mass shooting to get away from the clusterf*uck that Syria had become due to 1 in 10 people being on his side, when he foolishly thought a bit of fake propaganda could fool people that IMO have been fooled 1 too many times, and they are wising up to the lies.
He has won in waking up a large majority of the US population to the deception and the truly disgusting depths that our so called "leaders" will plunge to get their own way. So yeah in that sense, its a victory I truly welcome, I have been trying to wake people up for years, I couldnt have dreamed to have the success Obama had in a few short weeks.
So if exposing himself as a disgusting face of the corporate elite is victory, then I for one would like to see more of these victories.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by OneManArmy

More emotional tripe.

Obama moved forces into the area, and took a stand, when no one else would.

This is the indisputable fact.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Well, other Countries moved forces there and took a stand too. Told us not to strike and if we did, they'd kick our asses.... What did we do?

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

poet1b

More emotional tripe.

Factless tripe.

Fact 1. France responded 1st.
Fact 2. USA NEVER acted alone.
Fact 3. Obama made himself look weak by backing himself into a corner that he would have to get out of, Putin game him an escape plan. Yes they do work together.
Fact 4. Kerry used proven fake photo's to stir an emotional response.

Now please dispute ALL of those facts, because they are facts. Not the opinion of someone seriously lacking critical thought.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   

poet1b

More emotional tripe.

Really? :eyeroll:

The main Syrian opposition body - the Syrian coalition receives logistic and political support from major Sunni states in the Middle East, most notably Turkey, Qatar and Saudi Arabia; all the three major supporting states however have not contribute any troops for direct involvement in the war, though Turkey was involved in a number of border incidents with Syrian Army; limited political support has also been provided by France, Britain and US. The major Syrian Kurdish opposition group, the PYD, was reported to get logistic and training support from Iraqi Kurdistan. Islamist militants in Syria were reported to receive support from private funders, mainly in the Persian Gulf area, as well as from Al-Qaeda in Iraq.and the US.

From wikipedia...links to sources at bottom of page for those that don't know.
Underlined was my addition, although we all know this now.

Lots took a stand, Obama just thought the people would go along with his wishes...I'm glad they didn't.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   

None of these claims are true, they are all made up nonsense.

France did not act first.

world.time.com...

The U.S. did act alone, see above link.

The U.S. wasn't backed into a corner, and even after Putin caved and agreed to Syria surrendering chemical weapons, Obama still threatened action.

And you fake photos claim is even bigger nonsense.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   

But the wiki links at the bottom do not back the jumps to conclusions that are in the posts, which is why wiki does not stand as evidence of anything.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

poet1b

world.time.com...

The U.S. wasn't backed into a corner, and even after Putin caved and agreed to Syria surrendering chemical weapons, Obama still threatened action.

If rewriting history helps you sleep at night, good for you.
If you cannot deal with basic facts then my work here is done.

edit on 20139America/Chicago09pm9pmFri, 20 Sep 2013 14:44:51 -05000913 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   

OneManArmy

poet1b

world.time.com...

edit on 20139America/Chicago09pm9pmFri, 20 Sep 2013 14:44:51 -05000913 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

It kind of reminds me of my daughter hiding under the covers with her ears plugged and eyes closed insisting the monsters can't get her that way!

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   

superman2012

OneManArmy

poet1b

world.time.com...

It kind of reminds me of my daughter hiding under the covers with her ears plugged and eyes closed insisting the monsters can't get her that way!

LMAO..

Exactly.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

poet1b
reply to post by MrWendal

It is a nice propaganda ploy, but the claim that the Syrian rebels are Al Queda has no basis in fact. If you have any evidence to back said claim, please present it.

Ask and ye shall receive...

First let me start by saying, today it much more difficult to find the original articles that clearly stated fighters in Syria were the fighters who were used in Libya, and the fighters in Libya were the same people who fought against US troops in Iraq and Afghanistan. Due to the way things have progressed in Syria, finding those articles are very challenging. I would suggest going back into the ATS archives for yourself, as it has been linked many times on these boards. That being said, there is still plenty of info out there....

We can start with this one, Why Al Qaeda turned on the FSA

Now ask yourself, if Al Qaeda was not fighting alongside the rebels, just how could they now "turn" on them? This article is from September 20, 2013. Just 3 days ago. The conflict in Syria has been ongoing for how long now? 2 years? So that would be 2 years worth of support that has been going to AQ.

Now check out this recent article explaining how an Army Vet was charged with aiding terrorist while in Syria. This article openly admits there are Al Qaeda factions fighting as rebels. It is the very first line in the article.

An Army veteran accused of fighting alongside an al-Qaida-affiliated group of Syrian rebels has been released from jail following a secret plea deal.

And yes, he was charged, cut a plea deal, and has been released with time served. Think about that for one second... time served for aiding terrorist who we have been fighting for over a decade. A group that we have been told could still attack us at any given moment.

Here is a recent article detailing how Free Syrian Army Brigades Join Al-Qaeda Affiliate

And let me end this portion of "evidence" with this article. "Free Syrian Army” is Al Qaeda

These would be the people the U.S. should back, if people weren't so completely programmed by the propaganda of the right.

And in this statement you highlight the problem with backing anyone at all. We don't know who the rebels actually are. Who have no idea who is on whoms side. Once those arms go out, they are gone and history has shown us that they end up in the hands of those who we later have to go and attack. This whole idea of backing our current allies, eventually proves to be an entity which later turns on us and we have to attack. Much like how the US backed Iraq in the 80's. Only to turn around a decade or so later, and they are now an enemy. The fact is the Middle East is a powder keg and our presence, support, and aid is not helping in any way. As a matter of fact, our actions make it worse as evidenced by this article from the Institute for the Study of War which explains the resurgence of AQ in Iraq, and they happen to be fighters spilling over from Syria, and this article also details AQ's operations inside Syria.

Doesn't it bother you that your hatred of Obama is actually aiding Al Queda, those other fighters coming from Iraq who oppose the U.S. and are the enemies of the U.S.?

If it doesn't, then it should.

Now here is something I take issue with. Not only because you are wrong, as I will show you how AQ fighters in Syria are actually spilling over into Iraq and not from Iraq into Syria as you claim, but very simply for your pathetic and sad attempt to make this about my so called "hatred for Obama". It is pitiful to even make this about Left/Right politics. For starters, it wouldn't matter if Mitt Romney was elected as he would be doing the same damn thing Obama is doing. All of our establishment Politicians have expressed support for the rebels. You can feel free to google Mitt Romney's response for yourself and find articles from the Boston Globe to The Guardian to Business Insider. Mitt Romney is in favor of arming the rebels. So obviously if my position is to NOT arm the rebels, and both parties agree to arm the rebels, by default my issue has nothing to do with my so called "hatred for Obama" or any "liberal agenda" or any other silly left vs right argument you can think up.

My issue lies with US Foreign Policy, which has been much the same for the last 14 years. Arguably it has been the same for closer to AT LEAST the last 40 years but I digress as that is a completely different debate for another thread. US Foreign Policy has very little to do with Democrats and Republicans, Liberals or Conservatives. So attempting to distract from any point I make by using some lame blanket statement about my "hatred for Obama" to dismiss my opinion is disingenuous at best.

To get the meat and potatoes of your point, this article from The NY Times in 2012 points out that those AQ factions currently operating in Syria are now bleeding over into Iraq (and not vice versa as you claim).

Al Qaeda Taking Deadly New Role in Syria’s Conflict

Iraqi officials said the extremists operating in Syria are in many cases the very same militants striking across their country. “We are 100 percent sure from security coordination with Syrian authorities that the wanted names that we have are the same wanted names that the Syrian authorities have, especially within the last three months,” Izzat al-Shahbandar — a close aide to the Iraqi prime minister, Nuri Kamal al-Maliki — said in an interview on Tuesday. “Al Qaeda that is operating in Iraq is the same as that which is operating in Syria,” he said.

I strongly suggest reading this entire article beginning to end. By the time you are finished, ask yourself again who the rebels are. If you can honestly say you know 100% that any arms and support given to the rebels will in no way aid our enemies, you are either being willfully ignorant or deliberately dishonest.
edit on 23-9-2013 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-9-2013 by MrWendal because: spelling errors

edit on 23-9-2013 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Did you know that Rob Paul wants to sell our water rights to the people who sponsor Al Queda?

When you wake up to that one, then you will be on your way.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   

She might be hiding under the cover to keep you company.

I guess if Putin was giving in to French demands, you might have a point.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   

poet1b

Did you know that Rob Paul wants to sell our water rights to the people who sponsor Al Queda?

Deflecting with a straw man argument while your argument gets torn to shreds doesn't help your argument one bit.

It's like if one of your kids was being mauled by a grizzly, and you simply walk away and go stand by another child.
MrWendal's facts are untouchable so you ran away from them. I gave them a star, wish I could give more.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

poet1b

Who is Rob Paul?

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

poet1b

This is a major victory for Obama, and Putin. They get to claim credit for making a difference, without ever having to put boots on the ground.

But wait for it, soon the anti-Obama crowd with be claiming about how Obama should have invaded Syria, and calling him a wimp.

Major victory? What!?

This is the first time since his first term he actually showed signs that he 1) has half a brain and 2) that, that half of brain still somehow works -

Yet I refuse to believe it. and No, the anti Obama crowd don't want conflict with Syria anyway.. or don't you keep up with the news very well...

I'll bet this is part of a hidden agenda somehow.. nothing from this and I use the term very loosly, " Man" can be any good.. I still won't trust him.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   

What straw man?

That is the fact. Rob Paul, er a Ron Paul wants to sell our nation's public assets to the ICBs.

It is what makes anyone's support for Paul foolish.

The ICBs are the people who fund Al Qaeda.

And I have already posted a link a couple of pages back that prove these claims by Syrians rebels to be false.

The real truth is that Al Qaeda wants to take control of the Syrian revolution, and the people repeating that kind of propaganda, are serving the interest of the ICBs.

Oh, and the Al Qaeda rebels don't like the deal to eliminate chemical weapons at all. This is another link I have already posted on the thread.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join