It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama takes a victory lap!!!!!!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   

canucks555
Obama threatens to bomb the Assad Regime...

Putin wets his pants at the thought of his "boy" being smacked around like a small, frightened child,

Bends over backward in a panic, Will do anything to hold onto power in the region,

demands Assad gives up his weapons pronto...

Victory lap for Obama.

Pretty hard not to come up with that conclusion, that is if you're not a supporter of murderous dictators like Assad and haters of freedom (Like Putin and his fans here on ATS).

edit on 13-9-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

Absolutely agree that Putin has just as much an interest in Assad as Obama does in getting rid of Assad. However, does that mean that Obama says things that make him appear weak means he wins? Does that mean arming terrorists to fight Assad? You do understand that the US did that with Bin Laden right? And that left New York with 3 fewer buildings and a few thousand less people if you believe the official story.
Arming extremists to fight for you and then abandoning them is never a good idea. You would think Obama would've learned that tiny lesson.

A civil war in a country has NOTHING to do with the rest of the world.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   
What a garbage analogy of this situation. Are you serious? You mean to tell me you actually believe removing Assad's chems is a victory for Obama? I think you injected the Kool-Aid! The only victory here was for the thousands of innocent lives spared...for the time being. When will people ever wake up and stop viewing these sociopathic animals and their politics like their favorite football team.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

poet1b
reply to post by Tinkerpeach

Or you can say, horrible atrocities going on in Syria, but nobody wants to wade into the mess.

Evidence of chemical weapons usage, so somebody had to do something.

Obama stood up and rattled the sabers, called for an attack on Syria, sent in the Navy, even though he knew his supporters would not be for an invasion, and those who hate him would be spraying all over themselves announcing him as the anti-Christ, which they did.

That is showing some political cajones.

Russia backs down, offers a deal, and Obama comes out looking the diplomat.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow... You've got some seriously huge blinders on.

Obama called for an attack? A few cruise missiles into the desert hardly an attack makes. John Kerry even stated it would be "unbelievably small". An attack?

Russia backs down? Putin played Obama like a violin. Kerry made a foolish statement, and Putin jumped on it, knowing he'd be able to make Obama eat crow.

Keep an eye on the Chem. weapon situation in Syria. I dare say, this time next year, Assad will still have his weapons and no one will know or care, because a new and exciting diversion will present itself, and the new season of American Idol will be starting.

Obama looks the diplomat? No... just another dip.

edit on 14-9-2013 by 2ndthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   

poet1b
reply to post by seabag

This is a major victory for Obama.

Russia blinked, and put out the flag of truce.

The people who hate Obama will always hate Obama. If Obama were to end all wars for all time, the people who hate Obama would still hate Obama, and blame him for all their problems and all the problems in the world.

However, most people, who are sane, will recognize this as a great move on the part of Obama. Clearly Obama is willing to make a stand against chemical weapons, even though it made him unpopular with the people who support him, and willing to change when a peace offer is made, to avert war.

It is a major diplomatic victory for Obama.

What planet are you from?

Taking chemical weapons from Syria will not prevent the Rebels from using chemical weapons. It will not prevent other countries, such as Saudi Arabia, from sending in the supplies needed to create more.

But let us put that aside for a minute and look at this from another angle. Let us pretend that it was Syria who used the weapons. Let us assume everything we are told is the absolute truth....

Does it not bother you in the least that the rebels are made up of Al Qaeda fighters and we are helping them- after spending billions of dollars fighting them for the last 12 years?

This is a victory for no one.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

It is not in Russia's best interest to have inspectors in Syria. In no way does Russia look like it was a victory.

abcnews.go.com...

The ambitious deal was announced Saturday after late night meetings between Secretary of State John Kerry and his Russian counterpart, Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov.

It is considered a diplomatic win by both the White House and the Kremlin.

The Obama administration avoids a potentially embarrassing showdown with Congress over authorization for a strike against the regime, while insisting that their threat of force was why Assad became willing to cede control of his chemical ordnance.

Meanwhile Russia, a key ally of Assad, avoids a U.S. attack that could theoretically tip the scales of the conflict against his government.

Unless you are wearing blinders, this is easy to see.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

I'm not seeing a downside to keeping Al Queda fighting, especially when they are experiencing heavy losses. The problem is innocent civilians, who are more likely to be victims of chemical attacks.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Wearing blinders is what led you to your opinion that Obamas loss was a win. I understand it, no one likes their horse to lose.

Agree to disagree.

ps- I am not saying Putin is better and a great guy. I'm saying in this particular instance, he outplayed Obama and is the lesser of two evils when it comes to Syria at this moment.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   

maddog99
What a garbage analogy of this situation. Are you serious? You mean to tell me you actually believe removing Assad's chems is a victory for Obama? I think you injected the Kool-Aid! The only victory here was for the thousands of innocent lives spared...for the time being. When will people ever wake up and stop viewing these sociopathic animals and their politics like their favorite football team.

Pick a flavor, eh?

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Obama is not my horse.

I am completely objective on the issue.

There is clearly a number of posters here on ATS, who have a hate of Obama that is beyond reason, or sanity who clearly have no objectivity, and you seem to fit into that group.

While Obama has his faults, he not the second coming of Christ, and it took a level of skill to get elected POTUS, so clearly he is not as messed up as the Obama haters wish him to be.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

poet1b

Obama is not my horse.

There is clearly a number of posters here on ATS, who have a hate of Obama that is beyond reason, or sanity who clearly have no objectivity, and you seem to fit into that group.

While Obama has his faults, he not the second coming of Christ, and it took a level of skill to get elected POTUS, so clearly he is not as messed up as the Obama haters wish him to be.

Bush got on for a second term...

There is no hate for Obama beyond reason...if you were as objective as you claim to be, you would see what the rest of us see.
I have no horse...I don't live in the USA.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

poet1b

Obama is not my horse.

For me, whoever the president is, its irrelevant. They all work for the same people that you dont tend to see much.

Im also not american so I have no horses in this race, but still have the same disdain for politicians most of the world over.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Didn't hate Bush, either one of them, and didn't post the kind of nonsense that people post about Obama.

I even gave credit to GW on the few times he deserved credit.

Since when do you have to live in the U.S. to be heavily biased against Obama?

or the U.S..

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

canucks555
Obama threatens to bomb the Assad Regime...

Putin wets his pants at the thought of his "boy" being smacked around like a small, frightened child,

Bends over backward in a panic, Will do anything to hold onto power in the region,

demands Assad gives up his weapons pronto...

Victory lap for Obama.

edit on 13-9-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

Obama wets his pants at the thought of being dragged in to another war, without any allies at the sideline, nor the support of the American people.

He and his puppet masters bend over backwards in panic thinking: "we cant do this on our own"

Russia and Iran come up with a solution,

Another slap for the Nobel Peace Prize winner Obama
edit on 15-9-2013 by ArtooDetoo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ArtooDetoo

Obama wets his pants at the thought of being dragged in to another war, without any allies at the sideline, nor the support of the American people.

He and his puppet masters bend over backwards in panic thinking: "we cant do this on our own"

Russia and Iran come up with a solution,

Another slap for the Nobel Peace Prize winner Obama

Do you think that Obama will hold a big grudge now ?

Will we see more 'incidents' that might convince other nations and the American public that an invasion is 'necessary' ?

Or can Obama accept what is happening ?

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

I never said you had to be, I just said I don't have a horse in that race. People in the US do...unfortunately, all the horses seem to be coming up inbred.

You don't have to hate a leader to point out their inadequacies, Obama just seems to highlight his own and then try and say it was his idea. I think it was this thread that someone said that it is like that guy in school that did nothing on the group project, and then tried to take credit for the whole thing.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

poet1b

I'm not seeing a downside to keeping Al Queda fighting, especially when they are experiencing heavy losses. The problem is innocent civilians, who are more likely to be victims of chemical attacks.

Again, this is fine and dandy, but I never asked you anything about Al Queda fighting. What i asked you is if it bothers you that the US Government is helping and arming Al Queda after spending 12 years fighting them? Pretty big difference in the question I asked and the one you answered.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   

It is a nice propaganda ploy, but the claim that the Syrian rebels are Al Queda has no basis in fact. If you have any evidence to back said claim, please present it.

www.policymic.com...

Numbering 50,000 men, the Free Syrian Army, a self-declared non-sectarian group of early army defectors, remains the largest opposition group in the country. But during the past year other factions have entered the fray. If their numbers, as well as their political views are anything to go by, the possibility of a united front seems remote.

These would be the people the U.S. should back, if people weren't so completely programmed by the propaganda of the right.

Doesn't it bother you that your hatred of Obama is actually aiding Al Queda, those other fighters coming from Iraq who oppose the U.S. and are the enemies of the U.S.?

If it doesn't, then it should.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Is this link good enough? Link.

From the link: (which has many other links to follow with their sources as I realize this is an opinion piece)

However the real challenge to the unity of the Syrian opposition lies in Jabhat al-Nusra, to whom thousands of Free Syrian army fighters have apparently defected. Numbering only 5,000 fighters as of January, but now perhaps many more, al-Nusra's core fighters come from Iraq's post-war insurgency and have recently pledged allegiance to Al-Qaeda in Iraq.

Thanks to the supply lines and experience they forged in this period, Al-Nusra are far more organised and better than their counterparts in the Free Syrian Army, a mixture of ex-military and civilian fighters.

The lack of organizational structure both within the Free Syrian Army and between rival groups has allowed human rights abuses, such as the recent confirmation of rebel commander Khaled al-Hamad eating a dead man's heart, as well as many other alleged abuses, to become common and go unpunished.

Pretty hard to deal with that isn't it? I know I would be pissed if I fought against them and now my government was funding/supporting them, after their group attacked my own country!

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   

People in the US do...unfortunately, all the horses seem to be coming up inbred.

Yeah, you are a real paragon of indiscriminate opinion as you root for Putin and Assad.

Obama is the only leader who has done anything about the Syria situation, sent in ships, called for military action, began seeking congressional approval.

All Putin did was concede to weapons inspectors, not exactly something to count as leadership.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   

You link does not say the U.S. is backing these Iraqi invaders who support Al Queda?

By not backing the Free Syrian Army, we are actually allowing our enemies to grow stronger.

Do you think that is a good thing?

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join