It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's State of Confusion Address Tonight 9:00 pm eastern (US)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by RAY1990

The voice of reason is lost in this hurricane of anti-everything disapprobation. Well said. Agree 100 per cent

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

Well , i was Hoping he was going to tell the American people that even though Syria is a Problem for US right Now , I am still determined to ....

1. Create Jobs Desperately Need for those Americans out of Work .

2. I'll do my Best to Lower Inflation that is Crippling our Economy Right Now but somehow is Denied by Most Politicians in Washington .

3. Ask the Congress to Repeal the Patriot Act and bring Law and order Back to the People once again.

4. Send all those Crooked Banksters and Insider Traders to Prison for Fleecing the American People out of their Hard Earned Money .

5. And Finally , Make this Country Energy Independent buy Drilling for Oil on American Soil and Free US from our Foreign Oil Prison .

I guess he is Saving that Speech for another Day ? .........

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by RAY1990

Acutally, it was a pathetic speech.
You know why he used graphic explanation of the people affected with Sarin?
To make you feel exactly how you feel right now with that post, to make you support him.
Lame and pathetic...

link   
I didn't see the full address, only saw clips but damn his demeanor and body language was in super AGRO mode.

Who else felt Obama was being extremely defensive in his address?

It was definitely full of confusion...

- Chemicals are bad
- We need to do something
- Strikes are good and we are good at strikes
- I'm going to allow a vote delay because diplomacy is good
- No actual action being taken by President....?

link   
The world's "anchor of global security." I guess it could work if we trusted our governments intentions.
Do we?
Occupying part of the Mediterranean doesn't seem like sitting on the fence to me.
Let the goading commence, err uh, continue...

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

Sorry but help should not include a worldwide mass of public opinion against action, followed by a spiral into world war. What do you actually want from your leaders? The use of chemical weapons is deplorable, no one disagrees. But we are all in the game, and so...what should we do? Kill everyone? Perhaps martyrs are what we need? THEN LET THE MARTYRS DIE!!!

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I think the "president" is certifiable. He still wants to bomb. He's NUTS.

ETA, he should be impeached if he does.
edit on 9/10/2013 by suz62 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
you people make me sick, this president is trying to uphold a world wide band on chemical weapons use, and all I see on this thread is political bashing. where is the support for what is right?....you people, I guess, want Assad to continue to gas people in Syria because you don't friggin' care, as long as America doesn't have to spend a dime to try and stop it...the real reason is that they are all muslims getting killed and you don't give a damn about what happens to them.....gee, I wonder how much flag waving would be going on if this was a republican president

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

You are blind as a bat.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

There has been zero evidence laid on the table that it was not the rebels who did it. They claim they have the evidence, but it's conveniently classified. I have seen more evidence to tie the attack ti the rebels than ties it to Assad. Sorry, I refuse to take the word of professional liars on the matter. They have proof? Well put it on the table, and stop hiding behind the convenient shroud of classified.

link   
Did anyone else hear him say "GOD bless you and GOD bless America"?

'

Now I know he is up to something.

link   

wrabbit2000
reply to post by Jaellma

Syria has been making Chemical Weapons right out in front of God and everyone for 30 years. Assad's father used them in the early 80's. The whole concept that anything was new or different here has been silly from the start and I've never understood it. Iraq hid things... Syria never has and never tried. It's been right out for the whole planet to see all along. It's just recently that anyone decided it couldn't be tolerated and now? Look where we are. American Presidents and Policy are all that changed. Assad and Syria hasn't.

Of course they have them. They've never actually denied it.

Exactly, I don't know why people are getting so confused on that.

The issue was never the possession of chemical weapons but the using of them.

Bosnia and Herzegovina
China
France
India
Iran
Iraq
Japan
Libya
Russia
Serbia
United Kingdom
United States

Because if it was about the possession and production of them then these nations are due a surgical strike too. [To Add] These are declared chemical production plants, from those who are members of the OPCW

Source of countries who produce chemical weapons

As of the end of March 2012, all 70 declared facilities had been deactivated and 92% (64) have been certified as destroyed or converted to civilian use.[29] In 2009, Iraq declared five production sites which were put out of commission by damage in the 1991 and 2003 wars; OPCW inspections were still required.[15]

Again I thought it was a good speech and puts the ball directly in the hands of Russia and Syria, it is all on how they react to this new diplomatic option now
edit on 10-9-2013 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

I just can't see Bush taking the walk of thought like Obama did at the last minute.
Classic stuff...
Does anyone have any thoughts as to whether or not Bush would take his finger (if only briefly) off the button?

Like, if that was Bush would the Tomahawks be flying?

(Not saying they would, just throwing it out there...

link   
US 2 Mex 0

link   
US 2 Mex 0

link   
Putin has them running around like chickens with their heads cut off.You can tell by how much the speech jumped around.The 1st part was to appease the public and MIC the 2nd part was trying to summon up "American Exceptionalism." It was pitiful.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

I disagree completely. The use of chemical weapons is anathema to any right thinking person. But here is the thing, should I, me, my wife, my children pay for the mistakes another group of people caused? Why is that more right than me saying sorry but I don't want a war, and I prefer that someone stops this group using chemical weapons?

link   

beezzer
We aren't the worlds police.

We're the worlds "George Zimmerman".

Hopefully fixed it for ya Beez.

Or were you looking for this?

edit on 10-9-2013 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

link   
Sorry, last time I'll ask in a thread, but Obama said no troops or boots on the ground in Syria, but if they conduct classified operations with special forces, he wouldn't have to mention it anyway right?

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by oldetimehockey4

That shroud of classification sure is convenient eh?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join