It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's State of Confusion Address Tonight 9:00 pm eastern (US)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
What I've noticed is he left plenty of room for false flags when he said the US Military will be on stand by in case if chem weapons are about to be used again.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Thought it was a good speech.

Have no problem with the about face, This isn't and shouldn't be about ego.

Putin's dancing yes but at the end of the day ego has no place in any war situation.
edit on 10-9-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

You could be right. He doesn't have enough votes, so he may need to come up with another false flag during diplomacy. Right now, Syria may counter strike, so they want to strike first to take away that capability.

I hope there is no war or another false flag attack.

link   

tjack
That speech was a hot mess.

strike - wait
threat - no threat
the children
the children
the children

NINE.....

ELEVEN.....

Every government, dictatorship, ruler, cult, whatever you want to label it as... has always...

hid behind 3 things.

The Flag

Bible

Children

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Typical Obama trying to have it both ways.

The speech is filled with cognitive dissonance. Obama tossed the Syria football to congress. Obama said whoops the congress fumbled. So they postponed the game due to rain.

Obama then comes on TV and sounds exactly like GWB.

Game.set, match for US of A skizophrenia.

link   
Ha ha h aha h aha h a ha ahhhhhh... That was on crappy speech!! Ha a h ahahah hah . WTF!! Dumb dee dumb dumb!!

Give me a break!! LOL!!! Ha ha ha ha ha hah .

Next!!

link   
reply to post by canucks555

Usually an aboutface doesn't happen in the middle of a single speech though...... That was really weird.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   

k21968
reply to post by Jaellma

**THEN** he said Kerry is going to talk to PUTIN Thursday about working out a deal.

He cant talk straight.

I want to throw my Jack Russell at the television.

Down K...Down!

The Jack didn't do anything.

Just give him a treat and tell him to go to bed. Outta sight, outta mind.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Wow this is a first in the US

Our president used the Chewbacca Defense!

haha

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

How right you are. World peace is such an easy thing to say that most people can say it without even opening a #ing eye. But this IS about world peace! Not pride, not who has the biggest dick, and certainly not any kind of vendetta. So well done Mr Obama, whether from your own conscience, or from listening to your advisors, thank you.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

yeah lol. Maybe, who knows, maybe Obama is playing the "I know they won't live up to the terms" type of thing, hence the fence sitting...

Sometimes fence sitting is a good thing/
edit on 10-9-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

link   
how do people think nothing is going to happen when it was a complete 180?

link   
Make no mistake about it. He will get additional support. Russia is waffling when they know Assad has chemical weapons. For Christ's sake. They admitted they have chemical weapons!!! What else is needed. The pressure is on Russia to act in the right way even though they are not complying currently.

This will get hotter than any of us anticipate.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

TDawgRex

k21968
reply to post by Jaellma

**THEN** he said Kerry is going to talk to PUTIN Thursday about working out a deal.

He cant talk straight.

I want to throw my Jack Russell at the television.

Down K...Down!

The Jack didn't do anything.

Just give him a treat and tell him to go to bed. Outta sight, outta mind.

"CLYDE" was spared but I seriously thought about it for a moment. But then he looked at me with those little eyes and I couldnt ruin my tv that way. Just kidding. Please dont turn me into PETA.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

I don't hear anyone threatening the rebels, and telling them they gotta give theirs up though.....

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Jaellma
Make no mistake about it. He will get additional support. Russia is waffling when they know Assad has chemical weapons. For Christ's sake. They admitted they have chemical weapons!!! What else is needed. The pressure is on Russia to act in the right way even though they are not complying currently.

This will get hotter than any of us anticipate.

Why is no one talking about Rebel's possession of Chemical weapons ? Who is going to dis-arm them? US is not interested in it I guess.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
We aren't the worlds police.

We're the worlds "George Zimmerman".

*shocked face emoticon*

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

k21968
Can someone give me the sane version of what he just said?

I think the teleprompter was hacked by anonymous.

His speech made absolutely 0 sense.

He basically explained why chemical weapons are a no-no, what exactly he is doing and what other options are on the table. I think it was an excellent speech. Used plenty of examples and what he won't do.

He addressed very well what a lot of peoples thoughts and queries are about this diplomacy or military strike situation.

Great speech actually.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

Syria has been making Chemical Weapons right out in front of God and everyone for 30 years. Assad's father used them in the early 80's. The whole concept that anything was new or different here has been silly from the start and I've never understood it. Iraq hid things... Syria never has and never tried. It's been right out for the whole planet to see all along. It's just recently that anyone decided it couldn't be tolerated and now? Look where we are. American Presidents and Policy are all that changed. Assad and Syria hasn't.

Of course they have them. They've never actually denied it.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by VimanaExplorer

I know it sounds cold But come on. The US is bad if we help and bad if we don't.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join