It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished. But...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
sometimes, there's a happy ending...

In 2012 Alissa Boyle Grimes and a fellow nursing student stopped to help a man in a car crash on a Pennsylvania interstate. Soon after, they were forced to jump from the bridge to avoid an oncoming tractor trailer. Alissa suffered severe injuries, and doctors told her she'd never walk again. But a year and a half later after intense rehabilitation, she proved them wrong and walked down the aisle and danced at her wedding. "It feels really good... it meant a lot," says an emotional Alissa of her hard-won victory.

I salute this young lady for risking her life to help someone she didn't even know, and almost losing her own life in the process. As well, I respect her grit and sticktuitiveness. She could have felt sorry for herself, and gave up when the doctors told her she would never walk again, and no one would have blamed her for doing so. But instead she confronted her injuries and diagnosis head on, and wouldn't take no for an answer from her body.

You can read more at the following link. Jamie's Dream Team
edit on 9/10/2013 by Klassified because: Spacing

edit on 9/10/2013 by Klassified because: formatting

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Like a moth to the flame I am drawn to the more bickering posts. But I always do enjoy a feel good story as well. Thanks for sharing this one, I doubt I would have seen it otherwise.

*Thumbs Up!*

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
i'm a married man and i promised myself i wouldn't cry. but oh well there it is.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

reply to post by rockoperawriter

Stories like this remind me, we may be fragile, but we're also very resilient.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
This happened near my home yesterday. Very similar story, very different outcomes. It makes my heart hurt.

Good Samaritans Killed while trying to help crash victims
edit on 10-9-2013 by k21968 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join