It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exposing the Myths of Settled Science

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Mary Rose
From the 12 page .pdf "Flaws in Black Hole Theory and General Relativity" by Stephen J. Crothers, on page 10 under "9. INVALIDITY OF EINSTEIN’S FIELD EQUATIONS":

. . . It also means that gravitational energy cannot be localised (i.e. Einstein gravitational waves do not exist);26 and that Einstein’s field equations violate the usual conservation of energy and momentum and are therefore in conflict with experiment on a deep level, rendering them invalid.

Ok everything he says in this paper is based off what we knew in the 90s time has changed. First let me say scientists are beginning to think there is no singularity in a black hole. There has all ways been a problem with the singularity idea. Even the big bang doesnt require a singularity in quantum mechanics. Im going to try to explain this as best as i can. First a singularity was the point were math breaks down it never really was a real thing. The big bang really doesnt discuss what happened to cause it so it doesnt need a singularity to explain it. And thanks to physists such as Stephen Hawkins and others we know there is no such thing as nothing.

Im not going to go into gravity being negative energy but lets just say the universes total energy is zero. This is why singularity was created in the beginning math didnt work. But in quantum physics the entire universe be created from nothing but a random quantum vacuum fluctuation in a particle field by natural processes.So the singularity at the beginning had disappeared.Now gravity waves just as Einstine predicted has been observed one more notch in Einsteins belt And well sort of crushes his ideas.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

dragonridr

ImaFungi
reply to post by dragonridr

Ya I was just thinking how I would think the more of something, energy, the harder and more difficult it would be to pass that area that contains more energy then an area that contains less energy, when really it is harder to pass through ice, an area that contains less energy then an area of water, which contains more energy and is easier to pass through. I just thought that was interesting. And so if there is some parallel to other solid matters besides ice, if solid matter is the difficult to pass through (like ice) it has less energy (?) then...another state of matter, and what that be its pure energy form? Or the non solid fields?

Not sure what your getting at but yes the more energy an area has the more difficult it is to go through. Even virtual particles slow down things that have enough mass.

I was just wondering why its more difficult to go through ice if it has less energy then water? And wondering if there is any comparison with the ease at which the energy fields of space which make up all solid matter that we go through, has more or less energy then solid matter, and if fields cooling created solid matter from non solid energy fields, if that is like non solid water cooling to create solid ice? So less local,dense, concentration of energy = the universe cooling and thats pretty much the theory of how the universe exists?

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

Well ice is just a different state of matter cant really make a correlation to how hard it is to travel through. However as a general rule id say the worst to travel through would be plasma which is a high energy state. In fact traveling through plasma is lethal and be a very short trip.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   

dragonridr

Well ice is just a different state of matter cant really make a correlation to how hard it is to travel through. However as a general rule id say the worst to travel through would be plasma which is a high energy state. In fact traveling through plasma is lethal and be a very short trip.

You said an area with more energy is more difficult to travel through. 2 areas, identical quantities of water, 1 becomes frozen, the area with less energy, frozen, is more difficult to travel through. Water has more energy then ice yet is easier to pass through, why does water become solid when energy is removed?

and does this relate to matter becoming (existent) solid, in the time line of the universe, when cooled? Or concentrations of energy removed created matter?
edit on 7-11-2013 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Ok dont confuse states of matter with the creation of matter. There different as the universe cooled this allowed matter to form as it moves into a lower energy state. However matter can take multiple forms what your talking about is simply the density of matter.So your trying to figure out how matter was created. Well this isnt a simple answer but here goes nothing. In order for matter to be created we need mass to be created. This is where the higs field comes in to play. The Higgs field associated with Higgs particles causes space to function like a fluid causing particles which move through it to exhibit mass. So as the universe cooled physical laws came in to existence as it moved into lower states of energy as it expanded. It starts with the planck era to make this simple the 4 forces being electromagnetic strong and weak forces and gravitation and even time were all equal. Theirs alot of math involved here so well move on but let us just say in the beginning anything was possible.

Then we move on The universe cooled and then the forces of nature became one think of it as woven together like threads in a cloth expanding outwards this was a balance or symmetry.Then the inflationary period starts First symmetry that is broken was the strong and the weak force this caused an exponential expansion so yes everything moved faster then the speed of light. This creates an inflation field which was a scalar field, that generated a huge repulsive force, which triggered the exponential expansion of the very fabric of space time. This literally made the universe have more room to play in this field in a billionth of a second would have created a background of scalar fields going from something say the size of a golf ball to the size of our galaxy in a billionth of a second.Think of this as sort of a first wave an an explosion sort of.As it expanded the universe became smoother and started tending towards isotropy and homogeneity,This do to temperature variances seeded the formation of galaxies as this tremendous potential energy of the scalar inflation field was released, creating a hot and dense relativistic plasma of quarks, anti-quarks, gluons, electrons and neutrinos. Matter and energy are inter- convertible. It was a hot dense soup of particles.Now we reached about 1 second after the big bang by this point the universe has expanded exponentially beyond belief the scalar fields are everywhere and the universe has cooled enough to allow for quarks and their antiparticles to fuse together and form the first hadrons and anti-hadrons (Protons, Neutrons etc).

Now for matter we have the basics at about 10 seconds the photon era occurs everything is moving at the speed of light Electromagnetic radiation was still trapped to all the charged hadrons and leptons.Now a couple of minutes id say 3 or 4 protons and neutrons begin to bind together forming the nuclei as it continues to cool say around 20 min all that photons start to slow down creating as isotope of Hydrogen with one proton and one neutron in the nucleus. And we made it matter was created. This slow down of photons was do to the higs field itself do you remember along time ago in this thread when i said without the higgs field things would travel at the speed of light. The higgs field is one of the scalar fields and remember in the beginning it expanded it is the fabric of space time. The photons interaction with this field allowed particles to form by creating mass think of it as an anchor without mass matter could not have formed.

Well this gets into the most popular field in physics condensed matter physics. These are the people that are experimenting with the colliders and trying to explain things like dark matter. Its all based on symmetry and phase transitions. when symmetry is broken or in certain cases like translational symetry changes into something else like ice melting and turning into water. So to get to the question you are asking there was alot of stuff that had to occur ive probably skipped some steps myself but let us just say your asking a question that involves learning 100 years of physics.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

What are fields made of? And how do 58 of something different exist in the same point of space/every point of space? Is there are closer relationship between photons/photon field and em field/phenomenon of electron magnetism, a closer relationship then between those phenomenon and fields and other fields?

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   

ImaFungi
What are fields made of?
I think when we talk about "fundamental" forces and their fields, fundamental means that's where the explanations stop. In other words, if we had a deeper explanation of what it was made of, we probably wouldn't call it fundamental...because in that case whatever it was made of would then be fundamental.

And how do 58 of something different exist in the same point of space/every point of space?
Ever hear a symphony orchestra with 100 instruments playing at the same time? You can hear them all simultaneously through the principle of superposition.

en.wikipedia.org...

In physics and systems theory, the superposition principle, also known as superposition property, states that, for all linear systems, the net response at a given place and time caused by two or more stimuli is the sum of the responses which would have been caused by each stimulus individually.
I think the orchestra is only approximately linear over certain amplitudes, due to limitations in the way air molecules can compress, but since no compression of air molecules is required for the superposition of EM fields, the system of multiple EM fields is more linear.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Ok cool, I didnt mean just em fields. Someone earlier replied that it is thought there are 58 fundamental fields, including Em, gravity, higgs, and all the quarks and electrons and particles. I was wondering about those. For the case of EM fields, they dont interact with each other in space do they? Can sound waves interact with one another? Does the higgs field interact with the EM field and gravity field and quark field? If there is an entire quark field, but quarks are only in certain places throughout the universe, I was wondering what is the essence of the fieldness, what is the quark field where there are no quarks, quark juice?

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   

ImaFungi
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Ok cool, I didnt mean just em fields. Someone earlier replied that it is thought there are 58 fundamental fields, including Em, gravity, higgs, and all the quarks and electrons and particles. I was wondering about those. For the case of EM fields, they dont interact with each other in space do they? Can sound waves interact with one another? Does the higgs field interact with the EM field and gravity field and quark field? If there is an entire quark field, but quarks are only in certain places throughout the universe, I was wondering what is the essence of the fieldness, what is the quark field where there are no quarks, quark juice?

Ok lets try explaining something in a different way forget about fields for a minute. Lets look at a vacuum of space. Now something strange happens when we look at a vacuum we see energy waves.So lets start with a box the size of a car it contains a vacuum. The vacuum energy it contains would be a wave the same size as that box. When trying to read it we see very low energy. Now lets reduce the size of out box to say 1 meter this makes the wave in the box shorter and contained in a smaller space. Net result we see a shorter wavelength meaning we see more energy. Now lets take our box down to 1 cm again are vacuum is smaller but the wave of energy it contains has increased because our wave became smaller as well being limited to the size of the box. We could keep going and making out box smaller and smaller and we keep seeing more and more energy. In fact we can keep going until we hit 10-33 cm at which point you hit infinite energy going beyond this point would actually lead to the creation of a black hole big fear when the LHC came online remember.

So what does this tell us well since the smaller the area we look at the more energy it contains and all interactions need energy that this is what truly controls the universe. So when we think of fields it is like a fluid of energy stored in space itself however please dont think of it as an eather of some kind that things have to travel through. This stored energy can have varied results depending on what particle is passing through it causing effects we see as fundamental forces. But when we get in to the macro world even these forces break down and are created by something else. This is where the Higgs boson comes in for example. Bosons are what is called force carriers meaning they directly interact with this energy we see as we keep looking at smaller and smaller areas of space.

Then theirs one more principle you need to grasp and that is the uncertainty principle. Let me start here by correcting a misconception people have a wave is still particles there just particles acting differently as if there connected forming a wave pattern.The reason im telling you this is everything breaks down to particles even energy itself remember e=mc2. Now these particles and there constituents control every interaction we see this is the standard model in physics. Now particles due to the Hizenberg uncertainty principle never tell us everything we only get to find out one thing at a time. We can find out its position but we cant know its mass for example. Now that we did that lets look at a thought experiment lets say we hang a ball from a ceiling. To us its sitting there not moving hanging from our ceiling it contains potential energy however. pushing it or cutting the string will cause it to move. This is much like space itself energy is stored waiting for an interaction to occur.

Now due to the uncertainty principle we can only look at one thing at a time so in the case of our ball and string we can check its position or its motion but not both at the same time. Reason being is to check its force we change its position in other words we would have to set the ball in motion. To check its position we have to freeze it in a moment in time removing its force. This is exactly what happens in a macro universe we can only see one thing but the energy is still there because as we know it cant be created or destroyed. So even if our ball doesnt look like its moving and setting at a fixed point in space we cant see the energy it contains. To us it looks like the ball is sitting there not moving at the end of a string but the shocker is it isnt. The energy it contains is there and in reality is causing the ball to move its just balanced to us we see 0 energy.

This is that rabbit hole i was talking about Nothing in the universe stands still it impossible. Everything has energy and is constantly in motion forces act on it and to us something may seem not to be moving but the energy is still there and is just balanced at that moment. This is what symmetry is to us even though we see the ball sitting in one place its not its still swinging back and forth but its energy is canceling each other out making it look like its not moving. This is what vacuum energy is the energy is there but when we look at it we see nothing because its constantly fluctuating between positive and negative.This is the hardest concept for people to understand because you have to understand potential energy is still there just hidden from us because its currently in a state of balance or symmetry. When symmetry is broken we see an interaction like our ball moves or a particle shows mass or we see the effects of gravitty for example.

I know this is hard to explain without me me walking you through alot of math step by step so im only showing you the ideas behind it making this very difficult to grasp. But keep in mind physicists have to go through years of college lots of math and then you realize the universe is crazier then you can imagine.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

When the box gets smaller there isnt more and more energy that doesnt make sense and is fall no matter what you say and think. Its just relative to the area, there may be by scale more energy per area but its not net more energy.

You say everything is particles, so even fields are actually particles stuck together? Someone said 58 or so fields exist, how do 58 different things (particle networks right?) exist at the same point/every point?

You say even though matter appears to be motionless it has energy e=mc2 (by the way I am familiar with all the generalities of uncertainty principal etc. I only attempt to ask questions and probe into areas where I am ignorant and believe all inquiring minds are, only to attempt discussion on what might be, you are just going over the same couple of concepts over and over, I think the general concepts of physics/universe are not complex, what is complex is the infinite detail of values, but things can be simplified and understood and grasped without knowing all the details, the details can even be explained and then grasped without knowing all the details of the details) And the reason it has energy is because it is moving. This makes me think you are implying that movement itself is energy itself and all energy is...but that is not so, because there is a real substance, stuff beyond movement that exists, that happens to also move, which is another form of energy. This is why matter is at its most basic form energy, and that energy at its most basic form is (not matter as you think I mean...But) material.

But yes, the universe is strange and complex and confusing and I am nowhere near to grasping the sense of how it is existing and why, and what is going on and what it is doing. I think I do grasp, at least the general knowledge I have from the theories of science and atoms and quarks and their force carried interactions, but the most difficult part is accepting that that is it. Maybe that is it, there is no rhyme or reason, no more information, a bunch of energy balls bounced around and created a crazy universe and this happens because it cant not happen, and it just must be accepted, because there is nothing else to do or say about it. Its forever meaningless, forever transient and escaping, its most amazing, the only thing that is, amazing, and im alive right now and can experience something, anything, but best of all this, but it will be gone. There is so much I want to do and say and feel and know and think, there is so much I want to see about the universe and what is possible, and so much ignorance of the truths of the universe I want to abandon but it will never be fulfilled, so I have to accept by ignorance, of the worlds and lives in galaxies far far away, and universes of other times. But all intelligences I guess were in the same situation I am, nothing to grasp onto, tautological material. What is =What is, forever.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Well if you say it dont make sense doesnt mean its not true. The smaller the area we look at the more energy it contains.Think of energy as being compressed and expanding leading to the creation of space itself. Now your trying to figure out the fabric of space time,Or what is it? Well this is were we have to understand symmetry's and more importantly broken symmetry's.In physics broken symmetry causes something to happen it turns potential energy into actual work. Ok lets start with a very important woman her name Emmy Noethers. Noether's theorem states that any differentiable symmetry of the action of a physical system has a corresponding conservation law. We can use her theorem and it well tell us there is a symmetry violation this is very important in physics. But more importantly it allows us to know something is going on the background hiding from us if you will. This is the main reason we knew the higgs boson was there even before it was discovered.

So you keep saying i repeat certain answers to your questions but the problem is they keep making full circles due to symmetry. So i have been trying to figure out a way to get you to understand symmetry and why violations are so important and how we use this to answer some tough questions. Like for example why there is more matter then ati matter. This all comes down to as the universe cooled symmetry's were broken.

Ive got an idea i thnk here is a good time for a history lesson and we cal learn about symmetry at the same time its a long video but if you want to understand the universe its a good start.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

dragonridr
The smaller the area we look at the more energy it contains.
Isn't one possible explanation of the Casimir effect that there's less energy in the smaller space because longer wavelengths are excluded from the small cavity, which creates a low pressure area inside the cavity? If there was more energy in the smaller cavity wouldn't the parallel plates be pushed out instead of pulled in?

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Arbitrageur

dragonridr
The smaller the area we look at the more energy it contains.
Isn't one possible explanation of the Casimir effect that there's less energy in the smaller space because longer wavelengths are excluded from the small cavity, which creates a low pressure area inside the cavity? If there was more energy in the smaller cavity wouldn't the parallel plates be pushed out instead of pulled in?

Well your right the smaller the area we look at the higher the frequency in effect more energy.The casimer effect is caused by wave fluctuations being higher outside the plates then between them. The virtual particles will push the plates together being the larger force. We can measure this force where in truth there shouldnt be one.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Everyone keeps saying that gravity is the weakest force, but they ignore the interaction mediated by the W and Z bosons called the electroweak force. It is several orders of magnitude weaker in field strength over a given distance than either the strong nuclear force or electromagnetic interactions.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   

F4guy

Everyone keeps saying that gravity is the weakest force, but they ignore the interaction mediated by the W and Z bosons called the electroweak force. It is several orders of magnitude weaker in field strength over a given distance than either the strong nuclear force or electromagnetic interactions.

Gravity is still weaker though good thing it is or we wouldnt be here. Think you have the entire mass of a planet pulling you down and yet your not a puddle of goo on the floor. After all whats the earths mass lets say around 6,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 kilograms and what do you weigh 70 to 90 kg.id say that incredibly weak.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

F4guy

But how does it compare to gravity? You started out by saying "Everyone keeps saying that gravity is the weakest force" but then you give no comparison of gravity with the force you're talking about. It's not being ignored, and furthermore your statement doesn't really make sense because it translates to "the electroweak force is weaker than one of the two forces of which it is comprised". Obviously it's not weaker than itself which is what your statement suggests. Maybe you meant the weak interaction, but it's the other component of the electroweak interaction besides electromagnetism, and even if that's what you meant, how does that compare with gravity?

Electroweak Interaction

In particle physics, the electroweak interaction is the unified description of two of the four known fundamental interactions of nature: electromagnetism and the weak interaction.

edit on 11-11-2013 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Ill check out the video. When the universe began, what fields were created first or were all the fields created at the exact same time? And are all the fields made(come from) of the same fundamental stuff?

About there being more energy in a smaller area then larger area...that doesnt make sense to me, because a larger area includes multiples of that same smaller area.
edit on 12-11-2013 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)
I understand you mean an artificial area created with walls creates a pressure affect that to scale measures greater then if you do that same set up with a larger area, but how is my concern with that concept still not valid, that the larger of the true areas has more energy, because it contains that smaller area...s.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

I have seen this video but ill watch it again. At around 17:55 area it shows on a bullet point, time is a thing, why do physicists think this?

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

ImaFungi

Ill check out the video. When the universe began, what fields were created first or were all the fields created at the exact same time? And are all the fields made(come from) of the same fundamental stuff?

About there being more energy in a smaller area then larger area...that doesnt make sense to me, because a larger area includes multiples of that same smaller area.
I understand you mean an artificial area created with walls creates a pressure affect that to scale measures greater then if you do that same set up with a larger area, but how is my concern with that concept still not valid, that the larger of the true areas has more energy, because it contains that smaller area...s.

Ok look at it this way we have a box which contains a vacuum and it starts at 1 cm we check it virtual particles pop in and out. Now 2 things these particles will create a wave 1cm wide and they will randomly appear in our box. Now lets shrink it down 100 percent our wavelength becomes smaller but something else also the same amount of virtual particles still pop in and out. As we keep looking at smaller and smaller area we see more virtual particles which shortens there wavelength and increases there number by volume. this keeps going until we reach a limit or at least what we expect to be the limit. And that limit is 10-33 cm at that point our energy level is so great and are volume so small it actually creates a mini black hole. As i said before this was the fear of what was goinf to happen at CERN remember that. Because to look at these smaller and smaller boxes we need to use more and more energy.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

ImaFungi

I have seen this video but ill watch it again. At around 17:55 area it shows on a bullet point, time is a thing, why do physicists think this?

In physics time is a thing more like a coordinate. In time there is now or the present the past and the future. In order to tell where a particle is we need 3 coordinates in space. And then we also need to know when it was there being time. Einstein said time is an illusion but people dont understand what he meant. So ill try to explain lets do a mind exercise.

You and i are on the same slice of time will call it now. Well you decide your going to get on a rocket and zoom around the world as we know this causes time for you to slow down the faster you go. So you return to earth for me a week has passed for you an hour. You went into my future your now and my now are different. I had an entire week go by in the time you spent in the rocket. Now here is where it gets weird think about it after one hour for me and 1 hour for you my future was set the moment you did this our now became different.

Another example think of the universe as a loaf of bread we cut a slice out of it this is now. But i put you in a rocket send you away from me at the speed of light your now slice will actually become my past. So now we have to angle the slice instead of being straight we know cut a diagonal slice through time and this is the new now.Time is relative just as location is relative to the observer.There is nothing in physics that says time travel is impossible it is merely changing your perception of now or the present if you will.In the world of physics every point in the universe along with every time exists all at once it has to. And that means to tell where something is you also have to know when it was there.

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join