It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This scares me more than Syria, maybe as much as Iran.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Dear ATSers,

I know you've had more than enough gloom in the past couple of weeks, but this made me sit up and say "No. Oh, HELL, no." I'll have nightmares for days. (Well, nights, actually.) Iran might threaten us from the outside, but this? Here it is from AP:

WASHINGTON (AP) -
Supreme Court Justice Janet Napolitano?

Vice President Joe Biden says outgoing Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano deserves a seat on the Supreme Court.

Biden was speaking at a farewell event for Napolitano, whose last day in the Obama administration is Friday. There is not currently an opening on the high court.

Biden also thanked Napolitano for her service, saying that she made the country safer in her time as head of the Homeland Security Department.

www.kpho.com...

Please, someone, give me a hug. Tell me that it'll be all right. I need some comforting. Justice Big Sis?

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Napolitano is leaving to become president of the University of California system.

The next line in your link.

I am not sure which position would be more harmful.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

We really are doomed.
Who needs an asteroid or a supervolcano?

The odds of this happening are much more likely. Scarier too.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I don't know whether to laugh insanely, cry, or...

prep the bunker.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

It will be alright.....pat, pat, hug, hug.

Of course I don't really think that it will be alright, I'm just trying to make you feel better

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

I'll give you a hug buddy... and some comforting words.

Joe Biden said it.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Well that would certainly turn the Supreme Court into a Supreme FISA Court, wouldn't it? Nothing like putting a paranoid loon in a lifetime appointment to one of the most powerful bodies a free nation can have. Oh yes. What could possibly go wrong?

At least I know she would be predictable. I can predict with almost 100% certainty how that freak would vote on every case involving law authority, government intrusion, Constitutional separation of powers and of course, no question about 10th amendment issues.

If "fundamental change" is the goal for the very Constitutional system itself? By all means, appoint someone who would just as soon roll the old document up and torch it for fun as read it. I'm sure we'll have change alright. I have absolutely NO doubt about that.

...and some have suggested Biden wants to run behind Obama to move up? Bah! I wouldn't trust him making staffing decisions for a roach coach in a produce field. He's already got far more political power than brain power and it's never a good ratio to blow this badly. It's scary!

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Dear ATsers,

Thank you very much. I was afraid I was the only one worried about this. And special thanks to newsoul and greencmp, for hugs and small reassurances. I wonder how well scotch and chocolate chip cookies go together, I need both.

Wrabbit2000's comments on the Constitution are especially apt. What I miss in the political discussions in America is some sense that there are principles to be followed, even if they make us uncomfortable. I think the Constitution is one of those principles.

Ok, following the Constitution will cost a politician some votes, maybe even cost him his job, but we are asking soldiers to die for the Constitution. Surely, losing popular approval is a relatively small price to pay.

We've Sotomayor with her emphasis on "empathy," and Roberts and his (I hope, one time erroroneous) decision on Obamacare. Throw in Big Sis, and there will be a big step taken towards the destruction of the Constitution, and the Judiciary as an impartial branch of government seperate from politics.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Janet Napolitano.....I think she's a dude.

Edit - she / he has man hands.

edit on 6-9-2013 by gotya because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Vice President Joe Biden says outgoing Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano deserves a seat on the Supreme Court.

Nightmares would be the best of it I think !!

Hopefully *THAT* dream never comes true !!

I'm almost ready say go ahead and bomb Syria !!

WW3 would be better than Janet Planet on the SCOTUS !!

edit on Sep-06-2013 by xuenchen because:

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Iran shouldnt scare you at all.

This, however, is TERRIFYING!

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   

I heard about Biden saying that of Napolitano, and really wondered what that was all about. Just what we need: a former head of Homeland Defense put on SCOTUS. Being that she is now becoming the president of the UC system, I guess she has some managerial abilities. What that has to do with the analytical abilities and experience necessary for jurisprudence is beyond me.

Charles1952, I wouldn't worry too much. Biden seems the only person that thinks this, and I don't see him becoming president. If he gets the Democratic nomination for pres, then I'll need hug.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Yes I agree with you Charles she would be wonderful as a judge...she is a very smart lady...don't worry she will be in court soon and like you said she is the best one for the job, maybe she can help get us back on track....

edit on 9/7/13 by shells4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I think I am going to throw up!
edit on 7-9-2013 by nighthawk1954 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   

What I miss in the political discussions in America is some sense that there are principles to be followed, even if they make us uncomfortable. I think the Constitution is one of those principles.

"The illegal we do immediately, the unconstitutional takes a little longer."
-Henry Kissinger

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   

**shudders**

I was just thinking about her yesterday and enjoying the fact that she is leaving. Hopefully she'll go to that university and make her lots of $$ and never ponder joining the Supreme court.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
Iran might threaten us from the outside,

Threaten Americans with what? The base ten counting system??

Now, although that would qualify as a bone fide threat to many an Ameridope...

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by newsoul

It will be alright.....pat, pat, hug, hug.

Of course I don't really think that it will be alright, I'm just trying to make you feel better

it could just be that the woman has a vestige of conscience and couldn't stomach orchestrating the coming atrocities against americans and world peonage, and for that reason got out at this pivotal point. who knows?

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

We really are doomed.
Who needs an asteroid or a supervolcano?

The odds of this happening are much more likely. Scarier too.

big sis may never sit on court or may, however those other things are a cinch--just a matter of when, probably sooner than later the way the planets are destabilizing.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ouvertaverite

Dear ouvertaverite,

Please forgive me, I don't know whether to take your post seriously or not.

it could just be that the woman has a vestige of conscience and couldn't stomach orchestrating the coming atrocities against americans and world peonage, and for that reason got out at this pivotal point.
No one I know has ever accused Big Sis of having a conscience or being unwilling to abuse Americans. Recall that she runs the TSA, with their body scanners and searches of diapers and old grandmothers. (Among many other programs)

What you've described may very well be a fine woman, but it doesn't sound like Janet Napolitano.

With respect,
Charles1952

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join