It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

May I get help with a post? I don't even know where to ask this at actually.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I want to publish an informative post, my first one actually, but I kind of want it proof read for content and structure. Where would I go about getting this kind of help in here? Thank you.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Hollie

Ask anyone you trust or like or even don't like.

We're all here to help.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Hollie

I let a MOD know, sure you might get that help you need.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
You won't.

What I suggest is that you find important pieces of information, summarize them in a paragraph, then provide a link to the information you've summarized. In between the bits of information, tell a story. Tell why it is important, or new, or why it struck you. Weave all your information into that story and conclude with your impression of the significance of the information you've found.

Best to prepare it in a word processor for a spell check, break it up into small easy to read paragraphs, throw in a picture or two, (if you can figure out how to get the $#$&* system to work), and maybe, if it's appropriate, just a touch of humor. Then cut and paste from your word processor to the new thread box, and voila.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by Hollie

We're all here to help.

Well that's quite optimistic.

Mods a good place to start as Sonny suggested or like Beezer says someone you like isn't a bad idea. Not exactly a great idea to trust a random Internet person though. Although you will be sharing with us anyway.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Hollie

You can forward me a copy of your thread via PM, I'll gladly proof read and give you pointers if need be.

Simply write in a word or another word processor, and then copy/paste to me in a message. You can click on my signature for easy messaging.

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
You've received some offers for help from others, and while I don't want to dismiss them casually, remember that you have your own style, your own choice of words. Don't let people mess with that. We need some individuality, creativity, and style.

Don't depend too much on others.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
It would be a shame to lose it all if the computer goes down on you so, make SURE you DONT create it here on the forum if its going to be that important to you!

Use a word processing program to type it out on and SAVE, SAVE! SAVE! When you are finally done, cut & paste it into ATS. Run a spellchecker too. And let someone else aside from us here read it for some helpful points.

Lastly...try running it by the mods. They are always up for helping.

Looking forward to reading it!

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Thank you all!
I appreciate those suggestions and tips too! I'm not a writer so... well I find it necessary to be reviewed in order to spare myself and the post being derailed by things such as structure, content, etc.

I have studied the structure of some excellent posts to get a basic idea of what flys around here.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger
It would be a shame to lose it all if the computer goes down on you so, make SURE you DONT create it here on the forum if its going to be that important to you!

Use a word processing program to type it out on and SAVE, SAVE! SAVE! When you are finally done, cut & paste it into ATS. Run a spellchecker too. And let someone else aside from us here read it for some helpful points.

Lastly...try running it by the mods. They are always up for helping.

Looking forward to reading it!

Yes! I agree. I have done exactly this

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
You've received some offers for help from others, and while I don't want to dismiss them casually, remember that you have your own style, your own choice of words. Don't let people mess with that. We need some individuality, creativity, and style.

Don't depend too much on others.

Understood. Mainly I am trying to organize it so it is comprehensible for the dear readers. It's my first, so it will definitely be amateurish in nature

link   
I have not created a thread but I love the idea of asking others for feedback.

One source of ideas not mentioned is a search engine.

Say for example you wanted to write a thread about aquariums...

This search might turn up some good ideas.

Just substitute the words in the search box with your topic...

link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by Hollie

You can forward me a copy of your thread via PM, I'll gladly proof read and give you pointers if need be.

Simply write in a word or another word processor, and then copy/paste to me in a message. You can click on my signature for easy messaging.

~Tenth

TAG. You are it! Thank you kindly!

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by Hollie

I let a MOD know, sure you might get that help you need.

Thank you, that was quick too!

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Man, I should have done that already! Man oh man oh man. Thank you. I might have started a post for nil. Okay I just learned something new.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   

reply to post by Hollie

We're all here to help.

Hahah no way am I asking to to look at this particular topic LOLOLOL. Not because I don;t like you , but I already know your opinions

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hollie

reply to post by Hollie

We're all here to help.

Hahah no way am I asking to to look at this particular topic LOLOLOL. Not because I don;t like you , but I already know your opinions

I'm sure it'll be one worthy of participating in.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

She probably wants it to sound good though

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by tothetenthpower

She probably wants it to sound good though
I would have added Ninjas, a car chase, some guy in a red shirt that got killed in the first 5 minutes, and a hawt babe with a machine gun.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Hollie

reply to post by beezzer

I'm sure it'll be one worthy of participating in.

'Participating' ?

You know the topic will be a real 'sizzler' right ?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join