It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Last Hitler bodyguard, Rochus Misch, dies in Berlin....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Rochus Misch, who served as Adolf Hitler's devoted bodyguard for most of World War II and was the last remaining witness to the Nazi leader's final hours in his Berlin bunker, has died. Misch died Thursday in Berlin after a short illness

Misch remained proud to the end about his years with Hitler, whom he affectionately called "boss." In a 2005 interview with The Associated Press, Misch recalled Hitler as "a very normal man" and gave a riveting account of the German dictator's last days before he and his wife Eva Braun killed themselves as the Soviet Red Army closed in around their bunker in Berlin.

"He was no brute. He was no monster. He was no superman," Misch said.

Born July 29, 1917, in the tiny Silesian town of Alt Schalkowitz, in what today is Poland, Misch was orphaned at an early age. At age 20, he decided to join the SS — an organization that he saw as a counterweight to a rising threat from the left. He signed up for the Leibstandarte SS Adolf Hitler, a unit that was founded to serve as Hitler's personal protection.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
As a ww2 buff, I really appriciate this thread. Thanks. s&f

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

Its a bit of a travesty that anyone who was in the SS was allowed to live by the liberating armies which took Berlin in my opinion.

Still, at least this one appears to have had the decency to offer some historical value in his last years. I hope people dont mind if I spit on the memory of every one of them, and thier degenerate scumbag leader.

join