It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Trouble With The USA And WW3

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
No s*** Sherlock.

WWII left 58 million people dead alone.

What part of World WAR in WW-II don't you understand?

Lemme guess...
Those evil 'Merikuns caused all those 58 million killed?

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by clanger

I think the original poster is correct,youve never been bombed except for a few civil war cannons in a couple of citys in the 1860s,youve never rationed anything and youve not had war planes dropping bombs on new york.

I like how you say "a few civil war cannons in a couple of citys"..As if the American Civil war was just some minor skirmish...Clearly you have to be foreign to be that ignorant.

I am sure the over 600,000 American soldiers, more then WW I , WW II, Vietnam and Korea combined, thought it was only a few cannons...

I am sure the 51,000 soldiers that died at Gettysburg alone felt it was only a few cities.. Or maybe it was the 20 other cities where over 10000 soldiers died during fighting...

edit on 6-9-2013 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Lemme guess...

Yes they did, along with the Dinosaurs and life on Mars.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by opethPA

I think the original poster is correct,youve never been bombed except for a few civil war cannons in a couple of citys in the 1860s,youve never rationed anything and youve not had war planes dropping bombs on new york.

I like how you say "a few civil war cannons in a couple of citys"..As if the American Civil war was just some minor skirmish...Clearly you have to be foreign to be that ignorant.

I am sure the over 600,000 American soldiers, more then WW I , WW II, Vietnam and Korea combined, thought it was only a few cannons...

I am sure the 51,000 soldiers that died at Gettysburg alone felt it was only a few cities.. Or maybe it was the 20 other cities where over 10000 soldiers died during fighting...

The big word in the above is SOLDIERS. Citys werent bombed to the ground,civillians didnt die in the 100,000s in numerous citys.Dont take it personally its an observation by many that perhaps if the US people and particularly their politicians had experienced the above they wouldnt be so keen wage war.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

The big word in the above is SOLDIERS. Citys werent bombed to the ground,civillians didnt die in the 100,000s in numerous citys.Dont take it personally its an observation by many that perhaps if the US people and particularly their politicians had experienced the above they wouldnt be so keen wage war.

As if ANYBODY in politics this day and age in Russia, China or even most of Europe have? I dont disagree with the sentiment but this argument is like a flat tire, Just sorta flops around making a bunch of noise..

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Oh I am not taking it personally I just find people that make the Civil War sound trivial or small to be ignorant and well flat out wrong.

Right or wrong..fair or not..please tell me what country has or had the capability to bomb the mainland US? You can't hold it against someone for knowing only one thing if that was the only possible option. I don't disagree with the sentiment that having to rebuild a destroyed city most likely tempers the desire in some to destroy more cities but geographic boundaries have made that not an issue here.

Keep in mind that I am 100% against any kind of military action, by the US, as a response to the alleged chemical attacks in Syria. I am also against the perception by some people on ATS that America is the only country that wages war, has corruption , has criminals, has a failing economy, has a defense industry, ect....

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Read the whole thread. Seabag and Slayer pretty much have stolen my retorts straight from my head (well done guys by the way).

One thing I've noticed is this troll thread by the troll op.. I haven't seen one response from him/her defending this B.S. America bashing thread.
edit on 6-9-2013 by 31Bravo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

What part of World WAR in WW-II don't you understand?

I was going to ask you that. "World Wars" don't start that way. Nobody sets out to conquer the world. They begin in a "limited", "humanitarian", "Democratic" for the children kind of thing. Only looking back do we discover the deceit.

Lemme guess...

Don't be a goof. Over its entire history? Since WWII? How about tomorrow?

By the way, average Americans aren't the cause of these wars. Their countries government has been usurped by the bankers and corporations that feed the military war machine. People aren't doing much to stop it either.

Some historians blame the Wall Street Bankers for the world wide crash of '29 and the resulting rise of Hitler from the ashes. They also cite The League of Nations embargo of raw materials to Japan as being the catalyst that put Japan on a war footing in China and the Pacific.

I now you know this. So what are we trading shots for...

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Again, you are forgetting how many other countries are profiting from this as well.. possibly even your country. You are quick to point a finger in our direction, however, you can't even be sure yourself.

You talk this big game as though if the shoe was on the other foot you, your countrymen and your government would be so much better.

Again, I will touch on Slayer and Seabag's point from earlier, 9% of Americans want action.. that means that the bulk of us aren't going for it.

edit on 7-9-2013 by 31Bravo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
We americans know what war is,we live in a war zone every day of our lives.
We have more gun owners than any other country
we have more people in prison than any other country
we have more murders every year than any other country

americans have become desensitized to violence and death because it surrounds us every day maybe that`s why we find it so easy to wage war all over the world and spread death and violence.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by Wirral Bagpuss
Lets face it the USA has never been attacked in war on the mainland.

I guess the Brits never burned the White house down then eh? I beg your pardon,i believe that was us...eh....and some crazy french trappers we got drinking with.....(Canucks)
were sorry about that eh.....

Many Americans wont know where Syria is located on the map

Im sure many Syrian Americans would be happy to show them if asked.....

I dunno, I think FOX, CNN and ATS are all doing a fine job teaching the uninitiated. .
Or at least intiating the unteachable hey....

Americans don't know what war is. They have never experienced it first hand. Europe and many parts of the world have

Speaking from experience eh? Ever been to Arlington Billy? or closer to home simply read the names on the cenetaph of every town in America.....

I don't wish war on anyone but maybe the USA needs a taste of what it is like to be bombed in order to wipe out the arrogance that is all to evident in their political system today? I don't mean like 9/11.

That was an inside job. There is a whole forum dedicated to exposing the Truth conspiracy about that.

And its plain to see that there are a helluva lot of other governments that are pursuing like agendas in concert with the US....perhaps the possibility exists that the citizens no longer control their own government no matter what the propaganda says....

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

Americans don't know what war is, huh? I'm trying to get over the WTW???? factor....okay, over it. I don't know where to start but I'll just go with my own first hand personal experience. A family member of mine who passed away at the age of 86 was a WWII vet who fought in the Battle of the Bulge and I do know for a fact he was an American who knew and experienced war firsthand. I saw the physical damage it did to him, which I won't share with you because I'm pretty sure you wouldn't appreciate his sacrifice he made for my country (not sure if you are American, guessing not), and the emotional # these vets deal with. So, why don't you take a refresher course in WWII History, I know they offer it at Community Colleges, maybe you missed out on it in High School? Or, hey start even further back with the Civil War, the Revolutionary War, the Indian War, WWI, etc. Mankind, and yes "man" kind has been waging war on each other since the beginning of time it seems. It would be pretty thoughtful of other countries to perhaps lay off begging us for help now only to hate us later. It's such a tired game.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

Hey Tard....speak for yourself. I don't live in a war zone and see violence everyday. And hell yeah I'm a gun owner, but for reasons other than you're implying. I enjoyi target practice which is beneficial for hunting. Animals, that is, like deer, for example. And if a Ted Bundy wants to try me then hey, at least maybe I'll stand a chance.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenofsheba
reply to post by Tardacus

Hey Tard....speak for yourself. I don't live in a war zone and see violence everyday. And hell yeah I'm a gun owner, but for reasons other than you're implying. I enjoyi target practice which is beneficial for hunting. Animals, that is, like deer, for example. And if a Ted Bundy wants to try me then hey, at least maybe I'll stand a chance.

If Ted Bundy tries you, forget the gun... call an exorcist, ghostbusters or one of those paranormal shows on TV.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by clanger

I'm not from America, I'm from the UK, that's not to say I don't recognise the sacrifices the US has made in both world wars and subsequent wars, which the UK has also been a cheer leader for. It's normally Americans who take the biggest sacrifice in these conflicts, both in casualties and finance.

I may be naive in thinking this wont lead to ww3. I'm listening to a radio show from the 60s where a question was asked about Armageddon or ww3. So people have been worrying about it for decades, I don't see the Syria situation as any different than recent regional conflicts. Maybe I'm wrong and there will be a big nuclear war, in which case, we will have failed as a species. Never mind, maybe on another planet they won't be so stupid. I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.
edit on 7-9-2013 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

But you WANT Justice. A brand of Justice that has no boundaries.

Thats not "Justice". Nice twist though.

A brand of Justice that gives the "bully" his just rewards. A justice that would blanket the innocent too. You become what you hate.

I merely stated how countries (or kids) react in the face of injustice. The invasion kind.

There are no "innocents" in war. Not because I "want it so", either.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by 31Bravo

Again, you are forgetting how many other countries are profiting from this as well.. possibly even your country. You are quick to point a finger in our direction, however, you can't even be sure yourself.

Sure as shooting. I haven't forgotten. America leads the charge. American forces pave the road.

Again, I will touch on Slayer and Seabag's point from earlier, 9% of Americans want action.. that means that the bulk of us aren't going for it.

The ones at the top calling for action don't care what Americans want. "They" went before they will go in Syria too. Who produces 5oo "cruise" missiles, transports them halfway around the world and parks them off the coast of a country without intending to use them?

By the way, the reasons for war again are given under a pretext. We "have" to do it. For WMD, Democracy, the children, whatever.

edit on 7-9-2013 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I dont disagree with the sentiment but this argument is like a flat tire, Just sorta flops around making a bunch of noise..

Yah, your right. Lets forget about how terrible war is, that would be better.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join