It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING 9/5/2013: Reuters - United States Gives Up Working With U.N. Security Council On Syria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Remember this?
BREAKING: Russia and China Walk Out of UN Security Council meeting on Syria – ITS ON!

Now the U.S. has for all intents and purposes "walked out". So IT IS ON!

United States said it had given up trying to work with the council on Syria

Source: Reuters
China urges U.N. role on Syria after U.S. gives up
www.reuters.com...

edit on 9/6/2013 by this_is_who_we_are because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   
I doubt the Obama administration ever really was 'trying to work with the security council' on Syria.
Mr. Nobel Peace Prize is hell bent on helping his Muslim Brotherhood buddies overthrow the
secular rule of law Assad regime in Syria.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Maybe the UN should give up on trying to work with USA as Americas only interest is in continual conflict

:

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Syria is just a cog in the machine. One that has to be clicked into place in order for the globalists to realize their agenda. And Syria isn't the last cog in this particular gear.

Everything else is just for show.

edit on 9/6/2013 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   
I guess by 'US given up working with the UN over Syria' that actually means 'US has given up appearing to work with the UN, because the UN is concerned over a minor, trivial thing called PROOF of who actually built and released chemical weapons in Syria'

The UN won't bend over and grab it's collective ankles over the lack of evidence of who released the gas, as the US expects it to.

So, like a child that doesn't get what it wants simply because 'it says so', the US politicians are sulking.

If they break international law, they should be punished by the world, and hunted down and put on trial for war crimes at the Hague.

Among others, this means YOU Obama..despite what you may imagine pal, you're not above the law and are as liable to prosecution and personal punishment for breaking or ignoring it as each and every one of us are.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Really ??

Pot Kettle Black Much .....

United States said it had given up trying to work with the council on Syria, accusing Russia of holding it hostage.

And how many times have The USA vetoed (sorry "held hostage" ill use Samantha Power's terminology)
over anything to do, Dare I say it with Israel

Riouz

edit on 6-9-2013 by Riouz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   
A week ago i wrote about an intervention against the US regime because of their aggression, starting and fighting illigal wars and killing tens of thousands of civilians including many children.
Add to that the brutal policeforce against their own citizens, aiding in a bloody conflict by training and supplying terrorists to fight in Syria, and now they want to start yet another war based on their assumptions to topple the syrian government so Al Qaeda can establish their extremist state.

I wonder what the answer will be if the US continues with an unlawful strike on Syria.

Interesting times we live in.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bilder

Maybe the UN should give up on trying to work with USA as Americas only interest is in continual conflict

:

lets remember that nearly all of americans do not agree with what the govenment wants to do. wars are sticktly and interest of the TPTB for some gain or another,. never really for peacefull reasons. So please dont generalize "Americas"

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   

it is still too soon to know if the American government will strike. unless the white house or congress specifically say that military force will be used, I will hold on to hope that all will end in peace.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
helo Mr.who..
do you remember when usa strike iraq..there is a countdown to it..
let see and relax, is usa dare to make a countdown..they not facing little alone country like iraq..this time they must beat another super power multipled by two..i mean russia and china..
one thing that we can say is UN is useless..nice thread mr.who!

edit on 6-9-2013 by cheesy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy

Originally posted by Bilder

:

lets remember that nearly all of americans do not agree with what the government wants to do. wars are sticktly and interest of the TPTB for some gain or another,. never really for peacefull reasons. So please dont generalize "Americas"

Agreed. It seems to me, that at last, Americans have had enough of war, sick of seeing their sons and daughters dying in another middle eastern conflict. Pity it couldn't have happened sooner, I hope to God Obama listens to what his voters are saying. I don't know why I just wasted my words saying that.
God bless you Americans.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
You're either with us or you're with the terrorist. Besides the UN is irrelevant remember?

edit on 6-9-2013 by Rosinitiate because: Grammar issues

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rosinitiate
Your either with us or your with the terrorist. Besides the UN is irrelevant remember?

You know for years, i thought that the initials UN, stood for United Nations.

Now i know it stands for Unwanted Nuisance...in the US anyway...

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

Not just sulking, they are childishly stubborn, maybe it is time they learn a good lesson.
Sadly it won't be the warmongering politicians who will die on the battlefield if it escalates.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Update:

China tells Washington to return to U.N. on Syria, urges caution
BEIJING | Mon Sep 9, 2013 3:37am EDT
reuters.com
Michael Martina

(Reuters) - China urged the United States to proceed with extreme caution and return to the United Nations to discuss Syria after Washington said it was not seeking Security Council approval for action in response to a chemical weapons attack last month.

China's Foreign Minister Wang Yi said relevant countries should "think thrice" before acting and exercise "extreme caution".

" should return to the United Nations Security Council framework to seek consensus and appropriately handle the Syria issue," Wang told U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry in a telephone call late on Sunday night.
www.reuters.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
and now this,,,,

"Saudi Arabia’s decision to reject UN Security Council membership"

strange??? thought that was like TOP info ,,very VIP?,,status symbol?

Read more at www.liveleak.com...

top topics

join