It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8825 A.D.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
A Scientist named Julius E. Hovah finally recreates The Big Bang the experiment is unconstrained and it starts all over again...
edit on 6-9-2013 by abeverage because: Jehovah sounded better than Yahweh for those that name their kids after a god

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by taoistguy

I beleive this will leave us with the realization that we are the God's that we in our past have always sought.

With the technology of the 89th century we will be able to create new life forms and seed them throughout the universe.
We will watch them evolve and adapt.
We will aid them in their evolution.
We will have transended death to acheive some sort of immortality.
We will master time and space. becoming onmi-present in the worlds of the creatures we have formed in our image.
We will have Dominion over all the living creatures of our universe.
We may, if we choose, impart wisdom upon a select and special few to share with the others of their kind.
We will punish with worldly disasters (floods, disease, famines) those creatures who displease use.
We will eliminate the creations that fail to meet our expectations or exceed our expectations to a detrimental extreme.

Yes, indeed, we will be God's

edit on 6-9-2013 by grubblesnert because: swapped 1 for 9

edit on 6-9-2013 by grubblesnert because: spellin'

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Personally it would leave me smelling my arm pit's and checking my breath trying to understand why they all ran away at the first hint of me.

Seriously though, if such a scenario actually played out then we as a race would have achieved such a large number of potential variation's as to create a situation not unlike the Dune books by Frank Herbert (except for the spice) with more religion's and new language's as well as variants that we would certainly have created our own aliens amongst ourselves though something tell's me there are in reality many different species out there though how many are sentient and how many are merely planets with simple microbial life and not higher form's.

edit on 6-9-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by taoistguy
The year is 8825 A.D.
We humans have spread throughout the galaxy, coloninsing and terraforming planets.
We have travelled to other galaxies and done the same there.
We have discovered no other life.
We have discovered other dimensions and found them empty.
Science has given us the ability to travel in time and we found Roswell was a prank by students from the year 7740.
We have found no life anywhere and nearly all the universe is mapped.
Where does that leave us?

that's a really interesting blog makes you realize there has to be more because to believe what your saying is more unbelievable than god or aliens

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

cheesy

Science has given us the ability to travel in time

i have one question to you if you have such Great Machine..
"Which comes first, the chicken or the egg? "

The Chicken, as it time traveled back to before it was an egg, and laid the first egg...

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
When ever i like to dream about the distant future..

I always like to ignore WIII, privacy invasion, secret agendas, moronic government spending and general social depression and leap right to the cool stuff

you know.... because disrupting the time line is bad etc

edit on 11-9-2013 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

That leaves us very confused. Unless you can slap me into a time machine, and send me to the year 8825 A.D. and show me proof that we never, not even at the most secretive level of inter system government, ever contacted, located, or identified even the smallest non terran life, I would have to call B.S.

I believe its exercise of imagination and not belief in any claims OP is making.

Nothing to call BS.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

teamcommander

Originally posted by damwel
reply to post by cheesy

The egg, laid by something that was almost a chicken.

But, you can not determine what is in the egg until it is hatched.
Cow birds will lay their eggs in other bird's nests and it is always a cow bird which hatches from them.
It would have to be a "chicken" which lays the egg as this is how we know it is a "chicken's egg".

If I go with your logic then it doesn't matter what's in the egg, it still came first.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

taoistguy
The year is 8825 A.D.
We humans have spread throughout the galaxy, coloninsing and terraforming planets.
Science has given us the ability to travel in time and we found Roswell was a prank by students from the year 7740.

Wrong. Humanity won't last another 5,000 years. With overpopulation, genetic engineering and the rise of intelligent machines, we'll be lucky to last another 1,500.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

Wrong. Humanity won't last another 5,000 years. With overpopulation, genetic engineering and the rise of intelligent machines, we'll be lucky to last another 1,500.

Can you imagine what is being proposed and answer the last question?

What is wrong? No statements were made just a pondering question with some concrete points to incorporate to answering that question.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

With what you have given us to ponder,

I would say more lost then ever if we keep searching and not finding that which we look for.

What say you taoistguy, Where do you see that leaves us?

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Our future and our past is all but assured...

The age old problem has always been fear of ending our species, (and our climb up the slopes of science), via the kill shot...

Something so devastating to our world that it would end our "Human experiment" and any possible future technology that might have come from it.
As any good scientist knows, you must always have a "control" of the experiment in order to not jeopardize the culmination of the entire research/creation.

Through the time travel device, (I have seen it's operation), which was either discovered from the reverse engineering of the Roswald wreckage, or by Hitlers "bell" scientists (or both?), we have already secured an exit for and to the control group of our specie...wherever that may be...

What this means, is that our science will survive past the "flash" point of our worlds development, and continue on unabated into the future long enough to achieve its/our ultimate goal; which is to put labels and handles on all aspects or our reality...and beyond.

The "handles" I speak of allow us to utilize technology to bend the aspects/forces of nature to our will.
A damn to divert water...electricity to power lights... nuclear energy to do all kinds of wondrously terrible and mighty things... And even time travel...to bend the flow of time to our purposes.
in this case...a backdoor in the event of global catastrophe is already in place...

And what then? Well...that's just the beginning... * winks *
edit on 11-9-2013 by Khurzon because: punctuation

edit on 11-9-2013 by Khurzon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Blue Shift

taoistguy
The year is 8825 A.D.

Working on my third draft of a reply to this...

I feel that to ask this question (OP) is sadly nearsighted - but I cannot hold that against you.

To pose this question is to assume that humanities focus for the next 5000 years will be finding extra-terrestrial life. If it is the case that humanity invests really, any measure of devotion to finding such life, we will be extending what would be simple observation, to probing. Not that kind of probing you sickos. The point in this statement however, is to consider, in the entirety of human history, on how many occasions has simple observation yielded scientific data, and comparatively on how many occasions has probing yielded scientific data.

Ill digress to a metaphor if you'll all be so generous -
- If the US had not 'probed' (invaded) Iraq looking for WMDs, and simply Observed (not, invaded...) the country using our highly sophisticated drone network, we would have likely noted that no such weapons existed... This would have truly prevented an unnecessary war, and hell, if he did fire off a nuke we would have known definitively ( let's not get too deep into the logistics here... it's a metaphor and probably a terrible, only slightly accurate one ).

Consider this when you think about whether or not humanity should continue Searching for extra-terrestrial 'intelligent' life - we will waste billions of lives, googleplexes of dollars, and a lot of heartache, looking for something that may not be there - when in reality, if it's there and we're 'supposed' to find it, we simply will; it's not a matter of how far or wide we search, in terms of the galaxy or universe - if more life exists, and an overlap occurs, it will be a result of time and necessity, not our 'search'.

Consider how likely it is that a Sloth would find a Humpback whale if he was searching for one - but then consider that given enough time and random coincidence, he just might see one.

To really conclude - I would suggest that as a whole, we stop looking for such life and embrace the fact that we have more important things to deal with on our own planet. If it's out there and anywhere near enough to us for us To find it, we will eventually. Our search effort is so minimal it's negatable.
edit on 11-9-2013 by DigitalJedi805 because: Conclusion added

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

You would think humans would place a higher value on human life at that point. But prolly not. We'd just kill each other anyway.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Armadall

In my opinion all that would be left to do at that point would be to create new life.

A profound answer. Left in the absence of all other life except for what we've found on our own planet, we decide to become gods and discover that's how we ourselves first came into beings...before the godly beings who created us self-destructed as a direct political result of our creation.

What a morbid fate to uncover.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

taoistguyThe year is 8825 A.D.

This presents the Time Travel Singularity Paradox, or the Groundhog Day principle. If we can travel into the future, then we KNOW where this all leaves us.

And if we are unhappy with where this all leaves us in the future, then we can travel to the past and correct an indefinite number of past foul-ups which produced the unacceptable future. (Like locking one of the students from 7740 in William "Mac" Brazel's barn with a tattoo on him that says 'alien')...

Inevitably we test the bounds of perfection, and in essence become our current definition of God (or even better because we can go back and 'correct' man, who in the myth is God's chief complaint anyway, even though he made him). Our only choice thereafter would be to relive the complex pathway to perfection, over and over, for entertainment. Like watching your favorite movie, but being the actors too.

We would have to set up chambers, in which our collective could subscribe and re-live a particularly tumultuous time for themselves or others - and make it even better perhaps.

Which affords one, an overly advantageous playing field which would allow for instant subjugation of the Universe at the point of Time Travel Singularity Rollup.

Which tells me it both has not happened, and will not happen; at least in this frame of reference.

edit on 11-9-2013 by TheEthicalSkeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   

InhaleExhale

I would say more lost then ever if we keep searching and not finding that which we look for.

I would hope it would prompt us to look inside ourselves and to cherish each other.

edit on 11-9-2013 by taoistguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   

taoistguy
The year is 8825 A.D.

The year is 8825 A.D.
Humans went extinct about 6500 years ago.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   

taoistguy

InhaleExhale

I would hope it would prompt us to look inside ourselves and to cherish each other.

edit on 11-9-2013 by taoistguy because: (no reason given)

Same here,

I would hope more can do so today instead of having to go through so much discovery to discovery what is know today or believed today by some.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Where does that leave us? I would say in the middle of a somewhat boring science fiction novel.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join