It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Alien Peruvian Mining Operation?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus

Originally posted by totallackey
S&F...

The most fascinating thing I find in looking at the pictures of these sites is the fact the tops of the mountains are sheared flat. It is obvious there was an advanced level of thought and ability brought to bear in regard to this process.

The question remains...WHY?

I would imagine aliens wouldn't need a landing strip .. if you're advanced enough to trek light years, you're probably more advanced than to need our low-tech style landing strips/runways ...

With that said, it really is fascinating.. I can't imagine how or why they've done it .. it seems obvious it's man made.. not a natural thing.

I would certainly concur. I am not one who believes in the necessity of landing strips for vehicles capable of interstellar/inter-dimensional flight.

If there are vehicles capable of such travel, and those vehicles and the associated crew DID visit our planet in times past, then I think these lines, strips, and other megalithic monuments, constitute more of a shrine to the visitors than anything else.

If I was to see something like this, my shrine would be more of a toilet...due to the fright of the sight having scared the !@#$ out of me...

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Might be a crashed ship; however, I still struggle with visualizing how a ship capable of traveling interstellar space would, at the same time, be susceptible to crashing into an object as large as the Moon and/or Earth. Maybe it was shot down.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Wow amazing thinking.. So in short you mean that what we see today is the actual blueprint of this ancient mount scraping ship on the top of those mountains?

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by totallackey

Maybe they are just as susceptible to frailties as we are? I dont think they 'Crashed into' the moon. Possible crashed landed

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Obviously Clouds Buster sword from FF7.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Racist

obviously

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by kudegras

Aliens would not be mining here for just gold. To run their technology they would need some specialized materials, something stronger than uranium. There is only one mineral I know that has more potential than uranium. Some of our nukes employ this technology, but the use of this is an adjuvant to the uranium.

Maybe what the aliens were mining is already gone, if they had superior technology they could have terriformed this planet and planted miners and their foodchain on this rock in space. When it was gone, they just monitor us and study our evolution.

I like making up different ideas of what is possible..
If you do not open your mind you will never figure anything out, letting only those educated to see the present beliefs of reality figure out things will keep us chasing our tail. I hate being a mushroom

interesting thought. it would be about impossible to remove ALL, every trace, of embedded ore like that. It would be interesting if a geologist would inspect the area searching for traces of some exotic material.
good thread.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by eManym
I have read that the flat mountaintops are naturally occurring plateau's not excavated as many might think.

The line of holes contained numerous pottery shards indicating pottery was smashed in the holes. To me this indicates some form of ritual performed over time or holes dug over time to find something, maybe a mineral or something that was buried.

Some flat tops are natural we have them here in the states but you have to put them in perspective with the other terrain. In other words if you look at the other ridges and formations around them they are not flat, exactly the opposite and it stands to reason these also were not that. These are flat in a landscape that isn't. On top of that they literally look like some giant ran a flat edge squaring off the top in one clean swoop lol, it really looks man made.

What is more intriguing is there are no tailings, no trail offs it is like they literally took away every stone. Lol to me it really does look like the native people were trying to bring back the aliens. We have seen this in modern times when island natives created life size replicas of air planes in hopes to bring the god's back with more stuff, in this case pots and pans, blankets and corned beef hash lol. We can draw conclusions from our modern experience with people who had never seen planes and modern humans thought we were gods and recreated what they saw.

This for me provides more proof that the ancient alien theory is correct. They left us drawings and samples of crafts etc. Each time in many different parts of the world and over a very large time frame through out human history. I am convinced this is true and I believe they are returning and or have always been here and that soon there will be no more denying it.

It seems things are moving in that direction, of disclosure of some kind. I just don't know if it is going to be good or bad for us. Lol

The Bot

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
The other main area that started this line of speculation and fascination for me in the region has been the "Band of Holes". One could imagine that an Alien race/civilization came to Earth to mine for resources and using those sheared off mountain tops as large landing platforms while they excavated some exposed vein of Gold or some other type of rare mineral/material ...?

You, as many others understandably (in ways) do, seem to be putting a large emphasis on this flattened mountain top and theorize that it was used as some sort of landing zone/runway for the aliens to land their crafts on... This would be a pretty compelling theory if one were to believe that such advanced beings, traveling billions of light years seemingly easily- in crafts that were obviously far beyond our current aerial technological capabilities, had to land such crafts in a fashion that is in anyway similar to the very same way that we need to land our airplanes (which, well, aren't exactly space crafts, let alone able to defy the laws of space and time by traveling billions of light years in an instant), on a runway, a flat surface, in order for the aircraft to be able to land without crashing and have the time once it has touched the ground to brake it's high speed and come to a stop...

It seems a bit silly, to me, to think that such advanced, technologically incomprehensible crafts would have to land in such a way, unless they decided to downgrade their crafts by a few gazillion years once they got here, and had the urge to travel in crafts that would be reminiscent to our modern day transportation vessels, the airplane... Doesn't make much sense.. They would have been able to land on the ocean, hell they could have probably been able to land on a cloud if they wanted to....

So, the whole flattened mountain top being some sort of sign of landing pads for ancient alien space crafts seems to be a bit out the window, to me..

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by totallackey
reply to post by eManym

Anyone can look at the mountains and state these are naturally occurring plateaus; however, that is a statement indicating:

1) General ignorance;
2) Purposeful ignorance; or,
3) Purposeful deceit.
edit on 5-9-2013 by totallackey because: clarity

All of the above apply to people that make images of the site taken purposefully from an angle that doesn't let you see the rest of the "flattened mountaintops" all around the Nazca plain.

The fact is, that's no mountain. It's a remaining piece of a high plain that has been deeply eroded over eons.

A pic facing the opposite direction makes it pretty obvious.

Harte

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Interesting theory Slayer. Mind if I modify that just a little?

Having said that but what if there were in our Ancient past a large scale Alien Mining operation and we've seen the scaring and have not recognized it as such? Nazca and some surrounding areas do show some rather interesting earth works that still to this day have not been completely explained. Now before some of you come out of your skins allow me to present the following and my outside the box thoughts....

What if we substitute alien for advanced natives to the planet. What if some time in antiquity, we had a small to medium sized civilization in antiquity that was so far ahead of the rest of the world, they are responsible for not only Nazca, but many other stories, legends, and gods as well?

Where's the archaeological evidence?
Why haven't we found signs of a civi that was so far advanced?

For one. As you've stated. Maybe we don't know what we're looking at when we see it.
And two. Why assume these people would have been as careless as we are about leaving things laying around? Such as tools they didn't want the less advanced world getting hold of.

Just saying there are more possibilities here to look at than our "modern" minds are often willing to entertain. Awesome OP. Now I'm going back to read more of the thread. S&F. Whether you need it or not.

edit on 9/6/2013 by Klassified because: grammar

edit on 9/6/2013 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SquirrelNutz

You've done some editing while I was offline.
Great contribution

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Great Thread and Great pics.

I find it intriguing. I too believe that there is something to the ancient aliens and Sitchen's theories. Again, I believe these are theories and there are still many holes and much more to be explored and studied. I also understand that some of what is postulated by these theorists is wrong, but you must start somewhere. S & F to you!

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

If you could link to a few of those photos, that would be interesting.

From what I see in the photo posted above, it doesn't seem that way at all. Matter of fact. I have never seen 'table rock' look that clean cut but I am open to look at it.

To this untrained eye, it definitely looks man made. For what purpose, I have no idea. Someone mentioned agriculture but that seems like a lot of work to grow something not near water. The valleys would seem far better on first glance.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by totallackey

Maybe they are just as susceptible to frailties as we are? I dont think they 'Crashed into' the moon. Possible crashed landed

Hmmm. That is quiet interesting. If they crash landed then they obviously where not that advanced. But here is a thought. What if they were not that advanced, but say advanced enough to go to Earth from Mars. In search of badly needed resources from which they robbed from their own planet. Another unlucky mishap is that they did not plan for the dire need of change and they used up every fossil fuel before being able to settle here. Only remnants of a once advanced Martian society survived, but felt trapped on this strange world they called Ea, Eu, Ee, Er,,,and further still till what we call it today, Earth.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ABNARTY
reply to post by Harte

If you could link to a few of those photos, that would be interesting.

You can see some of the background "flattened mountain tops" at about 2:50 in this vid, along with the erosion in between that I mentioned:

Harte

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Yeah, I live where we have two table top mesa near by, from a distance they look 'table topish', when you get on them they are pitted, ditched and uneven.

So have any of the intrepid researcher gone to the top of this and looked at the rocks - they would show very clearly if they were eroded or 'sheered' off.

Where is the path way down and up?

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Am i the only one who thinks that the object the figure is holding in his left hand at the bottom of the OP's main post looks like a surveyor's tool?

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   
It does look like an ancient mining operation done by advanced beings. Saying the word "aliens" has always been a bit taboo and to be more specific it comes down to arguing semantics. The landing strips would be used by less capable craft than the "traditional ufos" we see today, possibly by inter-planetary craft in our solar system, ie for non stellar travel.

The nasca lines, the pyramids scattered throughout the world(china, egypt, central america especially mexico, bosnia), all the crop circles, the moon and mars anomalies, the hollow earth theory/fact, underground alien bases, etc..........point to hidden knowledge known by few unfortunately. But the ancient alien series on history channel has done a spectular job bringing such things to light. I hope they continue and wish everyone god speed in their journeys.

Thanks for the thread!

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Interesting theories in this thread. A fascinating read.

I thought the Band of Holes was interesting as I have not seen
or read on those.

Could it have been some type of calendar system or abacus for counting or
tallying. Moving rocks or objects as markers around in the holes for record
keeping purposes ? Or for counting objects or stuff ?

Or a binary table or used for a Binary counter of sorts ?
Recording different binary numbers or letters on a table (8 holes in rows?)
Was there logic to the 8 holes in roles approx 24 meters in width ?
Rocks could of been used to create codes in the holes, each line
could of been a code. They could of coded a message at one time?

Or some type of system for keeping track of time ? A Calendar of sorts ?
Placing an object in the hole to track a day passed or time period passed ?

Or perhaps holes for water collecting ? If there was a civilization near
by and no water source, perhaps the holes collected water for drinking supply ?

A power grid of sorts ? Perhaps they filled those holes with thousands
of those ancient light bulbs, connected them all together and lit
them to power something.

Maybe they attempted to portray a message (something like our Arecibo message)
into the heavens or space with the band of holes.

Perhaps they lit the holes with fire which would of created
a brilliant band of light seen from above.
Or perhaps they placed patterns on the grid of holes and then lit it
ablaze & their images were displayed which could be seen from
the sky. Just like the Nazca Lines being viewed from the sky.
They could of lit those shapes ablaze too.
It would be in keeping with the Nazca theme of the other images
that are best viewed in whole from the sky.

A bit off from the original idea of a mining operation...lol

Just thoughts...
:-)
leolady

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join