It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worst Movie Remakes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by damwel

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Exactly, and is a good example (IMO) of a good remake. The original B&W 1950's version is an all time classic. Carpenter's remake with Kurt Russell is well worth a watch and would be a classic all by itself if the original "The Thing from Another World" had never been made. All based upon a longish short story "Who Goes There?". extra DIV

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
2001 remake of Planet of the Apes

edit on 6-9-2013 by The_Truth_Seeker because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

I have to agree with you. John Carpenter's Thing is how you do a remake and IMO he's an outstanding director in his own right.

It's funny how people in Hollywood seem to think that good special effects an/or CGI can make up for a bad story line. Case in point: the old 1930's Wolfman is a classic horror film. The recent remake was visually stunning. The cast was outstanding and the special effects were good...almost too good. But they had to write in a plot twist that wasn't part of the original. This didn't improve the movie, it actually made it stupid. A bad decision for a cheap and easy way out. (If you've seen it you'll know what I'm talking about).

Sometimes, if you're not going to stick with the original story, it's better to leave it alone.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by allenidaho

I starred for good list which i mostly agree with apart from Dawn Of The Dead which i thought was decent remake. I was shocked to discover Romero was behind Diary Of The Dead which was just poop.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join