It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What has syria done to us exactly?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
What has syria done to us exactly ?

Nothing. Yet we want to "punish" them for having alqaeda/rebels gas civilians with alCIAda provided sarin gas.

We do not want more wars.

We do not want to fight along side terrorists.
edit on 3-9-2013 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

they have done nothing at all the rebels they just don't like a white person ruling in the middle east.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Nothing to the US. but Israel wants more land and Syria and Iran are in the way !!

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   

edit on 3-9-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
My country the U.K clearly isnt lol

in reply to RocksFromSpace
edit on 3-9-2013 by SupersonicSerpent because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Look, the goal is to install western friendly governments where they don't exist.

Now, as far as punishing them for breaking international law? What's the point of having rules if there are no consequences for breaking them?

Is it bs, sure, but it's the way # works.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

I wonder the same too, but taking into consideration that our nation of generous tax payers used to give Syria 2 billion dollars a year for Assad to play the western and friends game he most have stopped doing something.

Since 2009 when Kerry was having dinner with Assad and planning to run and fix the oil pipe everything was peachy after that when Assad backed off the deal, the aid to Syria went down to 1.55 million a year until now and that money ended into the hands of Rebels in Syria that panned the coup.

So I guess, when a country do not want to play the western game they go from Friends to foe.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chargeit
Look, the goal is to install western friendly governments where they don't exist.

Now, as far as punishing them for breaking international law? What's the point of having rules if there are no consequences for breaking them?

So when will someone be attacking the US for breaking laws? This country has broken many laws, so why should the US be exempt?

What proof is there that the Syrian Government even broke any international law? Where is the evidence that the Government gassed those people? How do we know it was not the rebels? And just who are those rebels anyway? It might be good to know who they are since we are now arming them dont you think?

Sorry but the point you make is utterly pointless. It is a hypocritical stance to take to justify acceptance to tyranny.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Er.....we had one in Egypt and Libya...although tenuous, they were "friendly" to what the West wanted. Then we helped overthrow them......so your statement doesn't make sense.

Indeed

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

US can no be attacked when he is the biggest payer of briberies around the world at the tune of 50 billion a year.

US owns the UN financially, the IMF and most of the banking institutions in the EU have ties with the US.

Now the US has manage to even lure China with manufacturing of exports as long as they allow US companies to used their cheap labor.

It is very true when somebody say that where money talks BS walk.

Is nice to see you around the boards Mr.Wendal.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
It's all part of the plan:

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Aphorism

I have been taking a second look at that Wesley Clark video lately. It is obvious that the time table is wrong, but undeniable that we are following that list. There is only 2 left on it, Lebanon and Iran. The propaganda against Iran is there and has been there, but still no word about Lebanon.... yet. However it is easy to see how an escalation of force in Syria could open a door into Lebanon.

Interesting times we live in.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by John_Rodger_Cornman
What has syria done to us exactly ?

Nothing. Yet we want to "punish" them for having alqaeda/rebels gas civilians with alCIAda provided sarin gas.

We do not want more wars.

We do not want to fight along side terrorists.
edit on 3-9-2013 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: (no reason given)

Notwithstanding gassing concentration camp inmates, even Hitler respected the 1935 convention banning chemical warfare.

What Syria has done is crossed a threshold of violence deemed morally unacceptable by the entire world community as a crime against humanity.

Were such crimes against humanity to become permitted as acceptable or too hard to prevent there would not longer be any inhibitions against any nation using for example biological weapons against the citizens of new York or nerve gas in the New York subways.

And if the people of the United States don't feel that it is their business to be outraged by nerve gas attacks in Syria then why should the world give a damn about jet airliners being flown into the twin towers?

We are our brother's keeper. What some terrorist does to inflict pain and hurt on the citizens of Syria has just as much relevance as what another terrorist does to inflict pain and hurt on our brothers and sisters in the twin towers of New York. An attack on them is an attack on all of us.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by sy.gunson

Sanction them like North Korea,Iran and Cuba.
No Americans where attacked and america is not in preeminent danger.

I do not support a war with syria.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Well how about taking away the 1.55 billion dollars of tax payer money that the US is giving away to Syria regardless of the conflict every year.

and also the millions on the side that along with weapons, uniforms and aid to the Rebels for the coup.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

So when will someone be attacking the US for breaking laws? This country has broken many laws, so why should the US be exempt?

What proof is there that the Syrian Government even broke any international law? Where is the evidence that the Government gassed those people? How do we know it was not the rebels? And just who are those rebels anyway? It might be good to know who they are since we are now arming them dont you think?

Sorry but the point you make is utterly pointless. It is a hypocritical stance to take to justify acceptance to tyranny.

Those with the power make and enforce the rules. Though, I'm assuming you knew the answer to your question.

I didn't say the assumption was correct, I'm just saying that is the reason for it. You show power by enforcing rules. Truth and lies are determined by the ones with power.

The points I made are solid and reflect the way things are. Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it's not true.

I personally wasn't justifying any of it, I was just stating the obvious. Don't kill the messenger.

new topics

top topics

join