It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insidious Chapter 2/ What is the current scarriest movie?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
So I know it is early but I couldn't wait to talk about Insidious 2. I am so hyped to see this movie. Even though I do have a little trepidation about if the sequel can actual out due the first one. As with the Paranormal activities the scare factor kind of diminishes in sequel's.

I am a scary/horror movie fanatic. if there is a current horror movie out I have seen it

I judge scary movies by scare factor of course. creepiness, and the startle/surprise effect.

I think my top scary movies that are out currently. (and by currently I would say last two years)
Sinister
Insidious
and a tie between the Conjouring and Possession.

I guess for all the horror fanatics like me I want to know. Do you think Insidious can live up to the hype and honor of coming out on such a special day for a scary movie? (Friday the 13th) and what do you think is the some of the current scary movies out now? again last 2 years.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Not sure if it will, but I hope so.
Have you seen Lords of Salem yet?
I just bought it today, and have high hopes for it.
While I love horror movies, not much scares me anymore, although Mama made me jump in a few spots.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
the reboot of Evil Dead scared the crap out of me and i am usually unphased by scary movies. I really didnt expect it to be as hard core as is was.

The way i see it, there are 3 main types of scary movies. The gore fest types that are not as scary as they are gross with all the blood and guts, more of a shock factor (saw, hostile) Then there is the BOO type movies (Drag me to Hell, House on Haunted Hill), these are usually not that scary and most of the scare factor comes from surprises jumping out at you at random times. Then there is my favorite, the deep in your brain psychological horror movie. These are the ones that scare you to your core and keep you up at night listening to every bump and creak.

Evil Dead was 1 part gore and 1 part psychological for me. The first Insidious was pretty good as well and i am looking forward to the second. The concept behind the movie is great, and i think people of ATS would really enjoy it if they haven't seen it yet (wont give anything away).

I know you said to stay in the last few years, but i wanted to say. My ultimate scary movie still goes to the old Nightmare on Elm St. movies. Those used to (and still do) scare the crap out of me. He comes at you in your dreams!

DC

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

I havent seen lords of Salem yet.

yeah Mama was pretty good I know some mothers who might be freakled out by that movie

So sinister did'nt creep you out ??

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by xdeadcowx

Really Evil Dead creeped you out?? did you see it in theatres?? i saw it in theatres. you dont think they over did it with the blood. even though I thought the end was pretty sick with the girl sticking the chain saw down its mouth

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by American-philosopher

There were a few spots that made me jump, so that was good. I'm just very leery of horror sequels.

Watched Lords last night. If your a fan of the 70's, bad witch, Rosemary's baby type movie, it completely rocked.
A) You really, really have to pay attention. (I didn't and will be watching it again.)
B) No going to make you jump, but if your a fan of Rob Zombie movies, I think you'll love it.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Dark Skies is pretty good.
I liked insidious, more because of the writer and director, James Wan and Leigh Whannell.
Saw 1 and 2 are a couple of the best psychological thrillers out there.

Original Texas Chainsaw Massacre is still creepy as #.
I mean who really makes human bone furniture and masks of people's faces.
The scariest thing is there are people out there like it.
Ed Gein for 1.

I find movies that rely on "jump scares" are tacky and not worth the time put into it.

edit on 13-9-2013 by Chukkles because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join