It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch Aussie PM's same-sex smackdown

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Watch Aussie PM's same-sex smackdown

www.stuff.co.nz

"I just believe in what the Bible says and I'm just curious for you, Kevin, if you call yourself a Christian, why don't you believe the words of Jesus in the Bible?"

Mr Rudd responded: "Well, mate, if I was going to have that view, the Bible also says that slavery is a natural condition."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Video is at the link

Rudd is a pretty dodgy politician in many respects, but he's experienced and canny with public opinion & got a pretty good hit in with this one - a punchy one-liner that cooked the pastor "al dente"!

I find it very strange that the "right wing" is so opposed to same sex marriage, since the "right wing" is ostensibly in favour of smaller government and less interference in people's lives - that would seem more compatible with getting OUT of the bedroom as much as possible.

Of course these days the "right wing" is no longer a measure of a secular political position - it is often synonymous with a repressive religious position that seeks to impose its own moral values upon everyone else.

I find that particular version of "the right wing" to be a threat to democracy and liberty much more than any imagined NWO, illuminati or chemtrail conspiracy - it is real, you can see it every day on TV, it is undeniably a conspiracy, and it is undeniably about restricting your rights, my rights and het rights of everyone else in the world to enjoy a style of life that we each find acceptable that does not actually impinge on others.

It is not about christianity or islam or budhism - it is all of the religious conservatives (or nut-jobs as I prefer to call them) that are the threat these days - not the poofters who want to get a marriage certificate!

www.stuff.co.nz
(visit the link for the full news article)

this is also relevant:

Cracked's 30 second guide to how gay marriage affects you
edit on 2-9-2013 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I love how casual and seamless his response was in shutting the Pastor down. I think he was definitely expecting someone to ask that question.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

All politcian's are dodgy but I'm very wary of any politician that has Rupert Murdoch's support.

Ben Woodhead, Ben Woodhead

News Corp executive chairman Rupert Murdoch has weighed into the 2013 federal election on Twitter, declaring that Opposition Leader Tony Abbott is a “rare exception” in politics and that Prime Minister Kevin Rudd is “convincing nobody”.

The tweet, posted on Tuesday morning AEST, could again inflame tensions between the Labor government and Mr Murdoch’s News Corp Australia, which have already boiled over during the election campaign.

www.afr.com...

Have a look at the media strangle hold he has in Australia and his political idiology.

RUPERT MURDOCH’S dominance of the Australian media is usually spoken of in terms of the 70% share his newspapers have in the Australian market. That is almost three-quarters of the Australian public that are exposed (often with no alternative) to the Gospel according to Rupert every day. Every day exposed to his neo-conservative ideology and his absolute determination to destroy those left-of-centre parties ― Labor and The Greens.

www.independentaustralia.net...

The neocons want Tony Abbott to win this election to futher their cause in Australia.

This is a cause that will follow the lines of what has been created in the U.S. and it would be pure insanity to want that.

Neocons outraged that Obama wants democratic approval for war

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Rudd says he is a Christian. Shows how much of a slime ball this guy really is. Just a few hours before he was addressing a webcast sponsored by Australian Christian Lobby asking Christians for their vote then he totally disregards the words of his saviour and lord with an allusion to Aristotle. That's right, not the Bible but Aristotle believed that slavery is a natural condition. The Bible is against slavery.

www.thea... ustralian.com.au/national-affairs/election-2013/scripture-is-simply-all-greek-to-rudd/story-fn9qr68y-1226710083911

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   

"They are gay if they are born gay," he said bluntly.

"You don't decide at some later stage in life to be one thing or the other. It is how people are built and therefore the idea that this is somehow an abnormal condition is just wrong, I don't get that. I think that is just a completely ill-founded view."

Thank you for logical thought!

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Cinrad

... show me the passages in the bible where your jesus condemns homosexuality.
... please.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Cinrad

If you buy a Hebrew slave, he is to serve for only six years. Set him free in the seventh year, and he will owe you nothing for his freedom. If he was single when he became your slave and then married afterward, only he will go free in the seventh year. But if he was married before he became a slave, then his wife will be freed with him. If his master gave him a wife while he was a slave, and they had sons or daughters, then the man will be free in the seventh year, but his wife and children will still belong to his master. But the slave may plainly declare, 'I love my master, my wife, and my children. I would rather not go free.' If he does this, his master must present him before God. Then his master must take him to the door and publicly pierce his ear with an awl. After that, the slave will belong to his master forever. (Exodus 21:2-6 NLT)

So the bible was against slavery huh?

You should try reading it.
edit on 4-9-2013 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Maybe you should try reading it and study some ANE history as well. But that is beside the point, you show me where in the New Testament (the bit that deals with God's relationship with individuals rather than his relationship with a nation) people are ever referred to as chattel. smh I am surprised at how many anti-Christians think that the OT is a law book for Christians.... actually I am surprised at how many anti-Christians think that Christians don't know it isn't. YOu can fool the sheeple but not the informed.

[I]added[/I]
BTW it was reading the Bible that inspired the peasant revolts in Germany in the 1600s. It was a search for freedom that moved the pilgrims to the New World. It was Christians who ended the slave trade in England and also Christians who abolished slavery in the US. It is Christian missions today who work against human trafficking, trokosi slaves in Ghana, none of them read in their bibles that slavery is part of the natural order. It was Christians that ended apartheid in SA.
edit on 4/9/13 by Cinrad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cinrad
reply to post by Wertdagf

Maybe you should try reading it and study some ANE history as well. But that is beside the point, you show me where in the New Testament (the bit that deals with God's relationship with individuals rather than his relationship with a nation) people are ever referred to as chattel. smh I am surprised at how many anti-Christians think that the OT is a law book for Christians.... actually I am surprised at how many anti-Christians think that Christians don't know it isn't. YOu can fool the sheeple but not the informed.

Well you guys make it difficult make for the non Christian as you continue to cherry pick and shoe horn your religion into the 21st century. Half of you don't seem to even know what you believe or deep down whether its true or not.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by LexiconV

Matthew 19:4 Jesus answered, "Haven't you read the scripture that says that in the beginning the Creator made people male and female?
Mat 19:5 And God said, 'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and unite with his wife, and the two will become one.'
Mat 19:6 So they are no longer two, but one. No human being must separate, then, what God has joined together."
Mat 19:7 The Pharisees asked him, "Why, then, did Moses give the law for a man to hand his wife a divorce notice and send her away?"
Mat 19:8 Jesus answered, "Moses gave you permission to divorce your wives because you are so hard to teach. But it was not like that at the time of creation.
Mat 19:9 I tell you, then, that any man who divorces his wife for any cause other than her unfaithfulness, commits adultery if he marries some other woman."

Twice mentions men marrying women. So the least we can say is that he is against gay marriage. Then he also said this:

Mat 5:27 "You have heard that it was said, 'Do not commit adultery.'
Mat 5:28 But now I tell you: anyone who looks at a woman and wants to possess her is guilty of committing adultery with her in his heart.

So he was against sex (and lustful fantasizing) between unmarried people. Therefore he was against homosexuality. You will find that the common sense view of the last 1900 years that Jesus was against homosexuality is right, even though some critics practising intellectual blindness and mental gymnastics in the last two decades are trying to fool the uninformed in to thinking the opposite.

Anyway, why would anyone care what Jesus thinks if Jesus is not their lord and saviour?

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

No, it is the MSM that cherry pick what they show regarding Christianity. Any self obsessed nut job gets the headlines whereas the millions of mainstream, sensible Christians never get their mugs on the tv. Every new crazy theory about how or why or what the bible says is thrown in to the limelight and only radical academics are interviewed for documentaries that talk about the Bible, Christianity or ANE history. Westboro Baptist gets far more air time than the church down the street that is feeding hundreds of homeless.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Cinrad

Just because Jesus didn't mention gay marriage doesn't mean he was against it. Heterosexuals are much more common than homosexuals, so it would make sense for him to refer to heterosexual marriage. Nowhere does he say that homosexuality is an abomination, or that two gay people shouldn't marry.

Also, your quote about adultery refers to someone cheating on their spouse - not unmarried sex. Just sayin'

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   
So going back to the "smack down", anybody think it strange that the PM alludes to Aristotle as if it was in the Bible?

Just found out tonight that whoever we get it doesn't matter... well actually I have known that for a long while but tonight finally saw Tony Abott's illuminati side. He is Jesuit trained and a Rhode scholar. I could have found this out by looking up his bio but I didn't care to because like I said, it doesn't matter who we get it they are going to be puppets of the OWG.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Leviticus 18:22 appears to establish the biblical old testament old-school attitude.
'Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination'
Of course the translation from the ancient hebrew has been controversial but that pretty much sums up the overall biblical view of same-sex marriage.

edit on 4/9/2013 by Pilgrum because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Cinrad

Yet throughout history religion and Christianity in America has tried to hold back social progress. Saying its the end of the world and satan is taking over... and then a few years down the road ITS WAS THEM ALL ALONG that made the social progress possible.... right...

No doubt in a few years Christians will have deluded themselves to the point where they believe THEY ended discrimination of sexual orientation.

"Their infants will be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses will be looted and their wives violated." - Isaiah 13:16

edit on 4-9-2013 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
The man is an absolute buffoon.He will be out of office come saturdays federal election.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Rudd says he is a Christian. Shows how much of a slime ball this guy really is. Just a few hours before he was addressing a webcast sponsored by Australian Christian Lobby asking Christians for their vote then he totally disregards the words of his saviour and lord with an allusion to Aristotle. That's right, not the Bible but Aristotle believed that slavery is a natural condition. The Bible is against slavery.

which bible is that? It's not eth one I am familiar with

There are several references to the proper way to obtain and treat slaves, about how slaves should obey their masters. they are in both the old and new testaments.

See a summary here

Here's the new testament ones:

Ephesians 6:5 NLT Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ.

1 Timothy 6:1-2 NLT Christians who are slaves should give their masters full respect so that the name of God and his teaching will not be shamed. If your master is a Christian, that is no excuse for being disrespectful. You should work all the harder because you are helping another believer by your efforts. Teach these truths, Timothy, and encourage everyone to obey them.

Eph 6:9) And masters, treat your slaves in the same way. Do not threaten them, since you know that he who is both their Master and yours is in heaven, and there is no favouritism with him. (See also Ephesians 6:7-8)

Coll 4:1 Masters, provide your slaves with what is right and fair, because you know that you also have a Master in heaven.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   

www.thea... ustralian.com.au/national-affairs/election-2013/scripture-is-simply-all-greek-to-rudd/story-fn9qr68y-1226710083911

So true, what a crap artist that guy is so full of sophistry. I hope he looses his seat big time. Such a liar. Cant even remember a little shopping list consisting of one item, instead buys twenty things except the one item on the list.

Fruit cake mate.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Pilgrum

Leviticus would be the last thing I would use to show the bibles stance on homosexuality since the other things it forbids is happily cherry picked and not used by Christians.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join