It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia issues travel warning regarding the United States

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Leonidas

it seems every century or so a lot of people die whether it be from disease, war , famine a combination of all three.I may be wrong and i don't feel like doing the research, but we haven't had a mass death for a bit now, it seems like we are due.

ATS, if im wrong about this observation, please let me know. It may just brighten my day

)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Korg Trinity

Re-read the OP.... Final time I will say it.

Korg.

Stop acting superior to EVERYone else, and YOU go re-read everything. Every single one of your conclusions are WRONG and you're arguing for the sake of arguing.

While the other guy is content in letting your fantasies flourish in your mind... I am not.

In some mis-guided attempt in trying to get you to come back to reality, im going to outline EVERYTHING that you should have read for you to see that this is NOT pro-American propaganda but very ANTI-American... if you don't see it after this, then you are a fool and most everyone in this thread should ignore you.

“Recently, detentions of Russian citizens in various countries, at the request of American law enforcement, have become more frequent — with the goal of extradition and legal prosecution in the United States.”

Citing examples in Costa Rica, the Dominican Republic, Lithuania and Spain, the Foreign Ministry said, “Experience shows that the judicial proceedings against those who were in fact kidnapped and taken to the U.S. are of a biased character, based on shaky evidence, and clearly tilted toward conviction.”

Extradition has frequently been a contentious issue between Russia and the United States, but the disagreements have been particularly sharp in recent months over the case of Edward J. Snowden, the former intelligence contractor who is wanted on criminal espionage charges but has been granted temporary asylum in Russia.

Russia has also complained about the arrests of Russian citizens by the United States or by other countries at the Americans’ request.

In late July, a spokeswoman for the Russian Foreign Ministry, Maria Zakharova, criticized the arrest in the Dominican Republic of Aleksandr Panin, a Russian citizen wanted by the United States on charges related to cybercrimes.

#6 (pay attention there is some important language in here)

Ms. Zakharova said Russia considered such arrests “a vicious trend, absolutely unacceptable and inadmissible.” She said the Russian government demanded that the United States request the arrest of Russian citizens directly from Moscow, under a 1999 treaty on assistance in criminal matters.

#7 (pay attention here too, MORE important language here that somehow you missed)

There is no formal extradition treaty between Russia and the United States. Russian officials cited the lack of such an agreement as a main reason they could not forcibly return Mr. Snowden from the transit zone of Sheremetyevo Airport in Moscow

Russia has often accused the United States of overstepping and potentially violating international law in its treatment of Russian citizens accused of crimes. It bridled over the handling of Viktor Bout, an international arms dealer who was arrested in Thailand in 2008 and was extradited to the United States, convicted in federal court and jailed in a federal prison.

#9 (and MOST importantly, by the Foreign Ministry)

The Foreign Ministry said Russian citizens could not expect to be treated fairly in the American justice system. “Russian embassies and consulates general logically give consular and legal help to Russians in trouble,” the Foreign Ministry said.

Now you tell us which part, 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 or 9 has wording in it sounding PRO American??

Was it "russian citizens could not expect to be treated fairly?"

Was it "vicious trend, absolutely unacceptable and inadmissable"?

Was it "Russia has also complained"??

Was it "Extradition has frequently been a contentious issue between Russia and the United States"??

Which part highlights the pro-American view?

Thanks in advance for the silence.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by alphabetaone

Originally posted by Korg Trinity

Re-read the OP.... Final time I will say it.

Korg.

Stop acting superior to EVERYone else,

But I AM superior to everyone else!!!

And I won't say what I said I wasn't going to say....

Geeze people are so blind

Korg.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorChaos

So let me see if I've got this right-- The US is starting to get a reputation as a country that over-steps our authority in international matters, and where a person can not get a fair trial.

Did I miss anything?

Not good....

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by iwilliam

So let me see if I've got this right-- The US is starting to get a reputation as a country that over-steps our authority in international matters, and where a person can not get a fair trial.

Did I miss anything?

Not good....

Nope it means that if you are a criminal and flee the US to go else where... you will get picked up and deported straight back to where you should face up to your crimes...

Is that wrong somehow??

If I went abroad and committed a terrible crime then came back to my country of abode... should I be just let go because I traveled over water????

I highly think not!!

Korg.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
It still feels to me as though both Russia and the United States are taking turns poking each other to see who's going to overreact first.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   

I'm glad Russia is pointing out the hypocrisy and lawlessness of the US. A big country, such as Russia, needs to stand up to the US, so the US doesn't run roughshod over the world. The US behaved a bit better during the Cold War, when it had to appear better than its enemy; with the USSR out of the way, the US just started doing whatever it wanted to.

Russia does a lot of unsavory things, but being a foil to the US is something we have to appreciate Putin for.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by MrInquisitive

Isn't it funny how much of global politics is about appearance rather than substance?

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Interesting information..

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Cold war era all over again, I would never trust them myself...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join