It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BUSTED: Summertime Chemtra, errr "Lingering Contrails"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by WonderBoi
They" can do a lot more than you give them credit for, Phage.

The very same science you clap for, you also happen to deny. Interesting how that works.

ditto.

There's ONE THING, i'll never understand, when it comes to these types of threads. Why do the SAME PEOPLE always try to debunk it? Ok, if we're wrong...then, we're wrong. But, WHY DO YOU PERSIST TO THINK YOU'RE RIGHT?

Because "we" are - I find it weird that people persist in believing the chemtrail fantasy - no verifiable evidence, every "test" that has ever been done shows nothing, bucketloads of science showing that contrails are just contrails and why they can expand and why they often persist in front of weather patterns.

But you choose to ignore it all and instead believe a few people (always the same people - why is that??) who spout stuff that is illogical or disproven or they simply shout that anyone who disagrees with them must be a Govt shill or similar.

Here's a challenge - what "debunking" has been said in this thread that is actually UNTRUE - and why??

And, more importantly, why do you debunkers swear that us logical people are friggin' stupid?

would you care to explain some of your logic - because you're doing a poor job of it so far.

Save your text-book theories for the class room, and LOOK AT REALITY.

More weather - completely explained by "text book theories" ....because those "text-book theories" were derived from observation and measurement and repeatable science.
edit on 2-9-2013 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by WonderBoi

How does something grow in size, if it's frozen? lol

After that statement I retract my "Not stupid" comment.

edit on 9/2/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Why do the SAME PEOPLE always try to debunk it?
Because we can. Why do the same people always insist "chemtrails" exist?

WHY DO YOU PERSIST TO THINK YOU'RE RIGHT?
Because we are.

why do you debunkers swear that us logical people are friggin' stupid?
Not stupid. Ignorant and unwilling to really look at what is being said. Unable to get beyond your confirmation bias.

Save your text-book theories for the class room, and LOOK AT REALITY.
Ok. The reality is that you have taken pictures of contrail activity induced by an approaching weather system.

More like, you THINK you can. IF you're so smart and a "front" is moving in, why are these clouds moving towards me, if i'm on the shoreline? Shouldn't they be moving away from me, according to this MAP? But, according to these pictures, that's NOT what's happening. Is it?

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
This thread is amusing.. very much like every other chemtrail thread.

I find it funny (and frustrating) that the chemtrail believers reject science, contrail formation is well understood, documented and explained but they constantly reject it to accept the chemtrail conspiracy which has NO evidence behind it at all aside from photos of normal contrails they can't understand.

They seem to have no understanding of how weather works, especially at varying altitudes.. they think contrails CAUSE the weather change rather than understanding that persistent contrails are merely a side effect of a weather front possibly moving in anyway.

So I guess I'll keep waiting for chemtrail believers to actually prove science is wrong on this topic, and then provide some real evidence that supports the claim that isn't a photo .. I have a feeling I'll be waiting forever.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by luxordelphi

Currently, in the ongoing chemtrail saga, we can expect to see cloud seeding of cirrus. Get out your high powered binoculars and watch for the planes zipping into the chemtrails turning to cirrus. Then watch the cirrus 'disappear.' No, my friend, it's not for rain.

First no you won't.

Second did you even read that paper, because you seemed to have missed something important...

y. How-
10 ever, the desired e ect is only obtained for seeding particle concentrations
11 that lie within an optimal range. With lower than optimal particle concen-
12 trations a seeding exercise would have no e ect. Moreover, a higher than op-
13 timal concentration results in an over-seeding that could have the deleteri-
14 ous e ect of prolonging cirrus lifetime and contributing to global warming.

nenes.eas.gatech.edu...

You won't see that anytime soon if ever.

And yes it is for rain.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

I have a feeling I'll be waiting forever.

You might want to make sure you have some munchies and enough liquid to stay hydrated...

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h
You won't see that anytime soon if ever.

And yes it is for rain.

How dare you use logic.. clearly you're (please choose one or more of the following):

1. sheeple
2. not enlightened
3. not awake
4. illuminati
5. a government shill

jk.. facts aren't going to help this debate.. obviously.. the chemtrail proponents won't hear it, or believe it no matter how true it is.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

IF you're so smart and a "front" is moving in,
Are you saying there isn't a front moving in?

why are these clouds moving towards me, if i'm on the shoreline? Shouldn't they be moving away from me,
I don't know what direction "towards" you is but that would depend on the wind direction at the altitude of the clouds. In general though, the wind moves toward a low pressure area before the front arrives, the other direction afterwards.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

How dare you use logic.. clearly you're (please choose one or more of the following):

1. sheeple
2. not enlightened
3. not awake
4. illuminati
5. a government shill

All of the above...

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
[facts aren't going to help this debate.. obviously.. the chemtrail proponents won't hear it, or believe it no matter how true it is.

Indeed - but that is not a reason to not post them.

conceivably someone, somewhere, is actually open to factual information - even if it isn't the wannabe high priests of this particular myth.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

To my understanding, lingering contrails don't occur during summer.

Wrong, they may be less frequent and higher in the sky, but I have photographed loads this summer.

Is it possible that the temperature, at flight level, is -40 degrees, when it's been 90+ degrees on the ground, for the past few days?

Yes absolutely. Why do you think the tallest mountains have snow on the top all year round.
edit on 2-9-2013 by waynos because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

IF you're so smart and a "front" is moving in, why are these clouds moving towards me, if i'm on the shoreline?

Have you ever thought the winds were blowing off shore at the time, which could explain why they were moving away from you?

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

And a few years ago a storm began in West Virginia and moved down and back all the way to New Mexico. And a hurricane bypassed Hawaii, went out to Johnston Island, then turned around and went back to Hawaii and hit. And thunderstorms have moved east to west occasionally.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

IF you're so smart and a "front" is moving in,
Are you saying there isn't a front moving in?

why are these clouds moving towards me, if i'm on the shoreline? Shouldn't they be moving away from me,
I don't know what direction "towards" you is but that would depend on the wind direction at the altitude of the clouds. In general though, the wind moves toward a low pressure area before the front arrives, the other direction afterwards.
Yup...it's moving in; into the ocean.
The pics i'm taking, are from the East. The Ocean is to the West; which is behind me. Remember those clouds you mentioned, way back when? Well, here's what they look like now.
This "front" that you people talk about, should be moving in the OPPOSITE direction, AWAY from the ocean.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Yup...it's moving in; into the ocean. The pics i'm taking, are from the East. The Ocean is to the West; which is behind me.

Well, I for one don't remember you stating what direction you were facing, but good try though...

I almost forgot something...All you stated is that you were on the shoreline..
edit on 2-9-2013 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   

See my previous post. Sometimes weather moves in odd directions. It happens that this front is a Low pressure system moving in off the Pacific. There's a High parked over Colorado right now that's going to stall it, and make it appear to be moving in the opposite direction.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h

Yup...it's moving in; into the ocean. The pics i'm taking, are from the East. The Ocean is to the West; which is behind me.
Well, I for one don't remember you stating what direction you were facing, but good try though...

I almost forgot something...All you stated is that you were on the shoreline..
edit on 2-9-2013 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)
Do the pictures i've posted, LOOK like a shoreline? Do you see water? I posted a picture, way back when, of the front view of my house. It may be on page 2. This is the back view of my house. I like to let you show your hand, BEFORE revealing mine. Makes you look a bit foolish, having to back track from your original thoughts.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

The pics i'm taking, are from the East. The Ocean is to the West; which is behind me. Remember those clouds you mentioned, way back when? Well, here's what they look like now.
You didn't read what I wrote, did you? Looks and sounds like prefrontal conditions. The low pressure area is pulling air from the southeast and the clouds are getting denser.

The front will come through tomorrow and behind it will the wind will be from the west. Like I said. But you probably won't see contrails after the front passes.

This "front" that you people talk about, should be moving in the OPPOSITE direction, AWAY from the ocean.
The front is coming from the west. The wind in front of the front is coming from the east. You know know nothing about weather patterns, do you?

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Have you ever seen clouds at different heights move in opposite directions? I was watching this happen on Sunday night as I was photographing the sunset over Knaresborough. It is something that happens quite often as the atmosphere can contain swirling currents. I used the effect to blur and soften the sky.

Removed image as it displaying as massive, even after compression.
edit on 2-9-2013 by waynos because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Do the pictures i've posted, LOOK like a shoreline?

I admit I misread that statement and missed the if, so with that I was wrong.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join