It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BUSTED: Summertime Chemtra, errr "Lingering Contrails"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
To my understanding, lingering contrails don't occur during summer.

A Contrail is the reaction of warm and humid exhaust from an aircraft interacting with very cold air in place at flight level. As the warm air from the engines condenses, water droplets are formed (just like a cloud), or in some cases ice crystals similar to what we see in a cirrus cloud. Cirrus clouds are the wispy, feather like clouds that form very high in the atmosphere. They are generally made of ice crystals, and the feather like pattern is created from the strong wind and turbulence found at high altitudes.

Contrails are created when the temperature at flight level is colder than minus 40 degrees.Source
So, how do you explain these?

September 2, 2013 10:45 a.m. PST

Is it possible that the temperature, at flight level, is -40 degrees, when it's been 90+ degrees on the ground, for the past few days? As i'm checking out the sky, now, i see more trails being left behind; and they're on a constant basis. One after another. The sky is changing from blue to gray. More pics to follow. I even got some neat video of the stop and spray action, they got going on, today.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by WonderBoi

Is it possible that the temperature, at flight level, is -40 degrees, when it's been 90+ degrees on the ground, for the past few days?

It's a lot colder at flight altitudes than it is on the ground. A lot colder.

From 11 to 20 kilometres (36,000 to 66,000 ft), the constant temperature is −56.5 °C (−69.7 °F),

edit on 2-9-2013 by Hijinx because: Figured I'd add a figure for the guy.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by WonderBoi

Why can't they persist in summer? They're not as common certain times of year, but it doesn't mean that they can't form.

You do realize that ground temperatures and humidity levels have nothing to do with flight level temps and humidity right?
edit on 9/2/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Yep, the sky in New Mexico and Colorado were hazy to the max in August......haze isn't like that away from the sea. Somethings up, I watched that sky for 55 years anyway.....not even when Denver had the public utilities going....have we seen such skies and color change.
I'm a pilot in my 60's

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by WonderBoi
To my understanding, lingering contrails don't occur during summer.

That's why the "chemtrail" hoax continues to persist. Where did you learn that contrails can't linger in the summer? Whatever your source is for this information, that would be part of the problem because they are completely false.

Contrails can linger all year round. Contrails can last anywhere from a second, to hours and hours depending on the weather conditions at the altitude that the plane is flying at, regardless of the temperature on the ground.

It doesn't matter if it's summer time or winter time on the ground, the formation and persistence of contrails depends on the weather conditions at altitude.

You can visit Contrail Science to learn anything and everything you'd like to know about contrails, with a large page dedicated to debunking the "chemtrail" hoax.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

GBP/JPY
Somethings up,

Sure is. Lots of high bypass turbofans leaving more and more persistent contrails.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

I witnessed a b 52 flying just above the tree tops in 1998 spaying thick white arisol ,then all of a sudden the trails stopped for about 2 football fields and then started again.the pitch of the engines did not change so it was not fuel related , and it was not banking, it was level and it was not comming from the wings it was only exiting from the eight engines.it was around 80 deg that day so there is no question in my mind that they where flying under radar on a spraying mission.We only find out about expironments on us 40 years after the fact if you look at history.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I have seen plenty of contrails in summer all my life and at all parts of the world.

As far as temperature goes I wonder have you ever been in the mountains? If you have did you ever notice it is colder the higher up you go?

There you go problem solved in a way all should understand.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

Why can't they persist in summer? They're not as common certain times of year, but it doesn't mean that they can't form.
Why do they persist? It's not fall or winter. I haven't seen ANY of these trails, in about 2 months, until today. Summer is NOT over. We still have 19 more days. So, why are they persisting today? What makes today special?

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by supergravity

I witnessed a b 52 flying just above the tree tops in 1998 spaying thick white arisol ,then all of a sudden the trails stopped for about 2 football fields and then started again.the pitch of the engines did not change so it was not fuel related , and it was not banking, it was level and it was not comming from the wings it was only exiting from the eight engines.it was around 80 deg that day so there is no question in my mind that they where flying under radar on a spraying mission.We only find out about expironments on us 40 years after the fact if you look at history.

So your saying you saw this...

Flying at treetop level?

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

The trails turn into weather fronts, clouds and storms.so it could be weather modification,

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

So what if it's not winter. At 34,000 feet, where planes normally fly, it couldn't care less if it's 90 degrees on the ground, or -20 on the ground. The temperature is going to be low enough, and the humidity at that level high enough to persist year round.

Again, what does summer have to do with the temperature at 34,000 feet?

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by supergravity

Wrong again. The front causes the trails to linger. The trails have nothing to do with the front coming in, it's already there.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   

The cirrus clouds would indicate that there is a front moving in. The same thing that causes cirrus clouds causes contrails.
www.hpc.ncep.noaa.gov...

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

What makes today special?

Nothing..I have to ask if you have ever seen clouds during a summer day?

link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

yes that plane at tree top level is what I seen, and must add it had to be dangerous to fly that bohemith that low to avoid radar.

link   

Actually it would have been this. That one looks like a B or C model, we're up to the H now.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

I repectfully disagree I have seen many blue sky days with NO natural clouds get bombarded with so many trails it blots out the sun and my solar array is cut back 60%.I tracked these for 50 miles one day and they morf into solid cloud fronts.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Actually it would have been this. That one looks like a B or C model, we're up to the H now.

I just tossed one up I had close..They are a beautiful beast no matter what model..

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Yeah, but the early models had issues with the vertical fin deciding to leave the building on low level flights. Kinda makes for a bad day when this happens.
edit on 9/2/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join