It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stand your ground, woman shoots and kills sexual attacker

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   
So the woman claimed that the man made sexual advances at her, then came after her with a knife and umbrella, hitting her, she then shot him and I presume he is dead.

It looks as though she threatens him by pulling out her gun and aiming it at his testicles, not sure exactly, but he then strikes her and she fires:

To be honest, I don't really feel sorry for the guy. If this is the full story, and these people don't know each other, and let's say, this exact same thing happened to my wife, I'd be happy she came home to me. I'd be sad that she would have to live with the fact she killed someone, but would shed no tears for the attacker.

People that act like this deserve what they reap in return.

As far as "stand your ground" goes though, this pales in comparison as an justified argument compared to some of the other cases which have received national attention. Although, it seems she will not be charged for this.

I guess I post it only to get others take on it. Again, not really feeling sorry for the guy. Although, not really sure if this would be absolute definition of "stand your ground" in the legal definition.

By the by:
I just found this on the YT homepage, not sure how recent it is.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

from the video, he struck first.
she defended herself the best way she could.
justified defense in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by subfab
reply to post by boncho

To the letter of the law, he approached her but she pulled the gun on him and then he struck her. If it weren't for his previous behaviour, I am wondering if the same case could be argued for him. Because of his previous behaviour, don't really care...

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   
The gun haters want a 100 pound women to try and defend herself against a 230 pound man with evil in his mind...Might work in the movies but in real life the outcome is much different. Great for her IMO if the story is true.

A 65 year old woman stops 5 armed robbers and possibly saved lives...The cops comments instead of calling the lady a hero is a bit less than what I would have liked but par for the course.....

edit on 1-9-2013 by 727Sky because: video to work

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

We don't see the whole video. When does she shoot. He strikes at her then backs away as she backs the other direction with the gun. If he came towards her again.. then yes justified. If she shot hin at that distance then I don't know shr may be convicted. I thonk she was definitely rash and I support stand your ground . Its weird how she casually gets the gun out rather than getting in the car to leave. I expect she may be charged. She could have used the gun to ward off as she gor away so I'm not sure there was legit fear for her life.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
It may or may not fall under the terms of any SYG law, but regardless, I would tend to believe she was justified under a general principle of self-defense. The guy approached her, was acting belligerent and ultimately attacked her first.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Originally posted by subfab
reply to post by boncho

To the letter of the law, he approached her but she pulled the gun on him and then he struck her. If it weren't for his previous behaviour, I am wondering if the same case could be argued for him. Because of his previous behaviour, don't really care...

i see your point. it would be tough to sit in on a court case for this one.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
This is in Houston and I live in a nearby small town. It seems there are some "discrepancies" in her story as she initially indicated she did not know the man. However, his family now says that they did know each other. Haven't heard anything on the news since a few days after the incident. She does have one of our local community organizers supporting her and he spoke to the press the next day.

Unfortunately we will probably not hear anymore unless whatever happens is on slow news day. We generally get no followup on stories like this. I personally don't think she will be charged.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
If you attack somebody who has a gun in plain view you shouldn't be surprised if they use it on you. She was completely justified to do what she did. They said he was armed with a knife. Sure there are other hypothetical scenarios where this could have ended and nobody got hurt, but none those outcomes would be more favorable to what happened.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Just by viewing the video, this case reminds of the case in Florida where the woman left the residence and retrieved a gun from her car then went back into the residence and fired the gun.

Clearly in the video the woman had a choice before her, get into her car and drive to a safe place and call the police or as she did in the video. She casually walked to the back of her car, opened the trunk, took out the gun and then shot the man.

Speaking here as someone who defends gun rights daily, I own several myself, this isn't the kind of behavior I advocate in gun owners. That was wild west all the way.

I'd also like to point out that she was in a public place of business with witnesses, if she felt her life was in such grave and imminent danger then why on earth was she not screaming and running for the nearest witness who was standing a mere few feet away and the business door was right there as well.

Speaking also as a woman, she certainly had a funny way of acting so casually about nearly being raped.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Once she pulls a shot gun out of the trunk, I think that is a clear sign to back the hell off...which he clearly didn't! The video shows him as the aggressor holding an umbrella and a knife (backed up by witnesses) so this is justified IMO. I may move to Texas just because I like this law so much. "Stand your ground when some jerk off gets in your face, you don't have to be a pussy and run!"

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Octave
reply to post by boncho

She casually walked to the back of her car, opened the trunk, took out the gun and then shot the man.

It's funny how you report only partial truths here. You failed to insert "And was assaulted by the man." Your sentence should have read as follows..."She casually walked to the back of her car, opened the trunk, took out the gun, was assaulted by the man and then shot the man."

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
She looks a little lighter complexion so lets call this a white on black crime, and have Obama come on TV and say if he had a fat uncle he would be just like that that guy.

What happens in many areas were we see violence people assume it is normal to get attacked, and what people are slow to realize is that you can be legally shot for attacking someone. Even after she pulled the rifle the guy still thought he had the advantage....

edit on 1-9-2013 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by 727Sky
The gun haters want a 100 pound women to try and defend herself against a 230 pound man with evil in his mind...Might work in the movies but in real life the outcome is much different. Great for her IMO if the story is true.

A 65 year old woman stops 5 armed robbers and possibly saved lives...The cops comments instead of calling the lady a hero is a bit less than what I would have liked but par for the course.....

edit on 1-9-2013 by 727Sky because: video to work

Big sign on the door says PUSH and the first guy almost couldn't make it past that first line of defense against the stupid.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

True and I'll stand corrected on that point.

What your failing to recognize is the fact that she could have with great ease gotten into her car and driven away. Not everything has to end in gun violence.

Of course, I'm old school and was taught that by my old school gun toting father. It is a different world we live in now I suppose.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Octave

You fail to understand that people should not have to run away. IMO she had no other choice but to shoot after she was assaulted her attacker either thought she was bluffing or was suicidal. Once she pulled the gun any sane person knows that means back off. She stood her ground that is all why do people think victims need to always run in fear the law was written so victims would not be prosecuted when they stand up to their attackers.

The guy hit her after she clearly tried to warn him away.

This is nothing like the woman who got a gun then came back in the house and fired. At no point did this woman become the aggressor on that video.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
If this chick got back into her car and drove away, as many of you seem to think she should have; what would that have done? IMO two things. First she would have to take her hand off that gun to open the door. Then she would have to turn her back to the guy with a knife to get in. Both are no-no's when somebody is coming at you, especially when a scuffle can cause a shot to be fired in a public place.

Now, that aside, my real question is: Why was she getting into her trunk? I seems like she didn't notice him at first but when she did, she started yelling at him in a way that makes me think he was a previous acquaintance. She didn't think twice, but just reached in and grabbed the gun. Then it appeared that they both looked into the chamber to see if it was really loaded. He realized that she was serious and he (already being within two feet) went for an attack. Of course this is all just opinion so I'll end with a euphemism.

He brought a knife to a gunfight. You know what I'm say'n?

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Who the hell carries a rifle unless you are a hunter...wondering if this was her gun or her boyfiend/husband....just seems odd....must be more of a connection between the two individuals...

Not sure how anyone could shoot someone, appear to calmly walk over after they had shot someone to take some pictures....CRAZY

edit on 1-9-2013 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Isn't this the same video from about 3 months ago,where the woman was nuts and toting around the semi? He was trying to disarm her before she hurt anyone. She was threatening everyone at the gas station at the time as I remember.So this is no stand your ground fight.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
There is thread about it here also

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join