It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dave Chappelle walks away from stand up show

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Sometimes, he's brilliant. Lately though, he's been flaky, and most of his fans likely know that if they pay to see him, they may end up getting a no-show. He went on a bender a while back and hasn't recovered since. His show was really hit or miss....but when it hit, it was amazingly funny.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   

OneisOne
Seems there is something going on with Mr. Chappelle.

Being heckled to the point of a show disruption happened twice in Knoxville, Tennessee in June.

Knoxville hecklers take over Dave Chappelle's stage

Makes me think there is some sort of concerted effort. Someone with a grudge maybe or (hate to think it) a publicity stunt?

It's no stunt. I really wish people would watch the video that was posted in this thread. He's not allowed to come back. He walked away from a 50 MILLION dollar (2 year) deal. He had the biggest selling TV show DVD of all time. It's not like he's just some washed up comedian. Hes been nominated for 3 Emmys.

They accused him of being on crack and going crazy. They wanted him to wear dresses and talks about it as a war on black people as role models. It was all a smear campaign.

Here is just a piece of the video to maybe get some interest in watching the rest of the longer version.
The longer version is posted on page 1. (Dave Chappelle inside the Actors Studio)

Here is his interview with Oprah, 45 minutes long:

Dave Cheppelle (hottest comedian in the country walks away)

Great Oprah interview.

If you guys havn't noticed what goes on in this industry and the music industry by now I don't know that you can. And the pattern repeats.

Least Heff gets it.

edit on 9/12/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
He never sold out to Hollywood or any advertisers and spoke the truth. What happens when someone speaks the truth? We should all know this.... People attack and come after you calling you a nut job conspiracy theorist.

He made it out before "they" shot him or he had a tragic plane crash.
Dave has my full support.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I think I know what you mean about "hit or miss". We all have different versions of humor. I'm one of the people who think he was genuine in every step, and admire him for that.

Dustytoad

Here is his interview with Oprah, 45 minutes long:
Dave Cheppelle (hottest comedian in the country walks away)

Thanks Dusty.

If you're into Dave Chappelle, I highly recommend these two videos.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Dave Chappelle:
"The worst thing to call somebody is crazy. It's dismissive. I don't understand this person; so they're crazy. That's bull#, these people are not crazy. They're strong people. Maybe the environment is sick."

I was looking for the George Carlin scene when he talks about the people being the problem. Can't find it now, Anyway:

I don't mean to hijack this thread with George Carlin, but as Hefficide pointed out, he is basically Dave's counterpart.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Mugen

I am one of the biggest George Carlin fans there EVER was, and I GREW up listening to him and still to this DAY LOVE him! I Don't Care if he was an ATHEIST. What I truly care about is what he had to SAY!!!! and that what he said was HONEST 2 a FAULT!
As a Christian ....going back and listening to his skits... I find it so interesting how he explains things so clearly and in such detail, YET... not in any sort of manipulative way would he attempt to WIN some kind of ARGUMENT with ANYONE... whether of FAITH or NOT... he would not change his OPINION... he simply had a bunch of "opinions" about a bunch of stuff. He was trying to allow us ALL ( I BELIEVE) to have our own opinions, of course he made fun of those of us who disagreed or believed differently than him. He was a COMIC!!!!

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   
he got asked to wear a dress in a movie. That's what they do to most famous black actors. Dont' believe me? Look at all the movies where the black man wears a dress?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join