It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dave Chappelle walks away from stand up show

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   
When being heckled, becomes too much.

It's extremely sad to see a true comedian being heckled off the stage.

"Thank you, goodnight."

Fore ever Dave Chappelle fan

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I have no idea who that guy is, but after what I've read in the paper right now, it went down like this:

- He is heckled
- He stops his performance
- Yet he remains 25 minutes on stage, smoking a cigarette because he needs to spend 25 minutes on stage in order to get his money.

I'd heckle him alone for that. He cheated on a paying audience.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by H1ght3chHippie
I have no idea who that guy is, but after what I've read in the paper right now, it went down like this:

- He is heckled
- Yet he remains 25 minutes on stage, smoking a cigarette because he needs to spend 25 minutes on stage in order to get his money.

You have no idea for damn sure, my friend

edit on 9-1-13 by Mugen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by H1ght3chHippie

Dude this guy is responsible for some of the MOST obnoxious and disgusting monologues and shows EVER!!!!
To think he can't take a little bit of heckling is BAFFLING to me lololol

I agree with YOU!!! I think he got paid for smoking a cig.... and bailed !!!!!

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mugen

Originally posted by H1ght3chHippie

- He is heckled

You have no idea, my friend.

What happened?, I like him too.

Good comedians talk about controversal things. People either laugh at them (they are comedians so saying stupid and controversal things is meant as jest, we laugh at them as their views are so out of the norm) Yet some people take offence. taking offence at a comedian is just stuipid, political correctness gone bad. Never be offended by comedians. If politicians said the same things, then you should be offended.

People these days take offence far too easily. Political correctness achieves division and hate. We all know that now. We need to learn how to laugh at each other. None of us are perfect so we should laugh at our imperfections, not get depressed and criticize others for their imperfections.
edit on 1-9-2013 by greavsie1971 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 03:41 AM
link   

This should help.

edit on 1-9-2013 by ElOmen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   

H1ght3chHippie

- He is heckled

I know I know.. It's so hard to know someone who was considered the funniest man alive not too long ago.

Id read your sig before speaking much more on this.

The video posted by the other member is a very good one. Highly recommended.

By the way the media hates him because he called out hollywood.

@ 0:56 - 1:25

Katt Williams talks about Dave chappelle being blacklisted

A: "People consider you to be the greatest stand up comedian."
Katt: "hahahahahaha what!? that is not true, but I appreciate it."
A: "A lot of people do."
Katt: "no no no Dave Chappelle still lives and breathes, and the fact that the industry black listed him for the last 7 years does not take away from the fact that he still walks the earth. So I stand in deference to him, but uh, I am the king of the Rest of comedy. Let's make no mistake."
A: "Why do you think Dave got blacklisted like that?"
Katt: "well we all watched it happen and Sometimes as a MAN, not just as an entertainer you're put in positions were you have to make hard decisions."

edit on 9/1/2013 by dustytoad because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Hmmm....ok. There more to his story than what people really know.

Dave is one of the most funniest guys in person and for people who dont know him cant rush to judge him.

I'm not going to comment any further. I don't not want to get into trouble.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by shell69
reply to post by H1ght3chHippie

Dude this guy is responsible for some of the MOST obnoxious and disgusting monologues and shows EVER!!!!
To think he can't take a little bit of heckling is BAFFLING to me lololol

I agree with YOU!!! I think he got paid for smoking a cig.... and bailed !!!!!

I tell you what's baffling, someone calling Chappelles material 'Obnoxious and Disgusting'
You either haven't watched him or do not understand comedy.
A lot of his jokes are every day things and some weed jokes.
Chris Rock is far more crude and even more accepted.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 05:05 AM
link   
What we see here is evidence that humour is entirely subjective.

Funniest guy alive?

Holy buckets........

(we also see that I cannot type to save my life)
edit on 1-9-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Taggart

See! That's pure genius !

"You either think he's brilliant or you just dont get comedy!"

At once offsetting the true nature of the self with the acquiesce of the ego, and redefining it into a rather quaint quip questioning the very fabric of the state of mind.

and other assorted made up stuff.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

What's your favorite Dave Chappelle joke?

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   
If he can't take being heckled then he is in the wrong line of business. Dealing with hecklers is practically part of a comedians job. This is how a comedian deals with a heckler not run from the stage like a upset little girl.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Seems there is something going on with Mr. Chappelle.

Being heckled to the point of a show disruption happened twice in Knoxville, Tennessee in June.

Knoxville hecklers take over Dave Chappelle's stage

Makes me think there is some sort of concerted effort. Someone with a grudge maybe or (hate to think it) a publicity stunt?

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Chappelle is, IMO, the black analog of George Carlin... they both have very similar views and thoughts. Most on ATS are too young to realize that Carlin was blacklisted for a very long time and only managed to get back into the public eye because he got a role in the Bill and Ted movies... after that he was never embraced by Hollywood... but he was overlooked and allowed to work when he could find it.

Chappelle is currently in his period of being blacklisted and attacked.

Say what you will about whether or not he is funny... as humor is subjective. But as for relevance and insightfulness into the way things work and having the cajones to discuss the truth of things? His integrity is impeccable.

Can you name any other person who walked away from unfathomable wealth because he realized it was not just changing those around him... but him as well?

Very powerful people dislike Mr Chappell and their influence is far more pervasive than most realize. Character assassination in this day and age is woefully easy.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I'll say this much, my 23 year old son has been a fan of Chapelle's for quite some time, and I didn't always agree with him watching his show, it was just so ROUGH!!!! It has been a minute since I've seen anything about him on cable or anywhere else, and now you will cause me to bring the subject up with my son...EVEN though I find Chappelle extremely ABRASIVE...when you mention Carlin and Chapelle together... I totally GET IT!! (FINALLY is what my son would say)

Now, I'm OLD... and that's all I'm going to say...I actually had the PLEASURE of growing up on CARLIN!!! Brilliant.. that's the one and only word I can use to describe him, I Loved his comedy!!!

I literally used to play my parents VINYL records of him over and over for fun, in the basement of our house. WHO can say that they EVER listened to STAND UP on Vinyl???? Much LESS, George Carlin ???? For the record I listened to Cheech and Chong on Vinyl also, but they weren't nearly as interesting, intelligent or IMPRESSIVE verbally as CARLIN ( He was my absolute favorite and I memorized EVERY WORD)

My brother and I would lip sync the skits from the record while they played... I'm going to now embarrass myself I remember this one skit where he was doing a game show and out of nowhere he asked the audience.....
CARLIN: Who wants to be Queen for the day????
MAN: Me!!!!-I do I do!!
CARLIN: No, Uh No, not you sir, not you sir

OKAY!!!!! I get it, that made absolutely NO SENSE... kinda like the old saying ( Guess you had to be there) I STILL couldn't help but post it for the sheer chance that SOMEONE out there KNOWS what the heck I'm talking about!!!!!!!! .

edit on 1-9-2013 by shell69 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-9-2013 by shell69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I'll say this much, my 23 year old son has been a fan of Chapelle's for quite some time, and I didn't always agree with him watching his show, it was just so ROUGH!!!! It has been a minute since I've seen anything about him on cable or anywhere else, and now you will cause me to bring the subject up with my son...EVEN though I find Chappelle extremely ABRASIVE...when you mention Carlin and Chapelle together... I totally GET IT!! (FINALLY is what my son would say)

Now, I'm OLD... and that's all I'm going to say...I actually had the PLEASURE of growing up on CARLIN!!! Brilliant.. that's the one and only word I can use to describe him, I Loved his comedy!!!

I literally used to play my parents VINYL records of him over and over for fun, in the basement of our house. WHO can say that they EVER listened to STAND UP on Vinyl???? Much LESS, George Carlin on stand up???? For the record I listened to Cheech and Chong on Vinyl also, but they weren't nearly as interesting, intelligent or IMPRESSIVE verbally as CARLIN ( He was my absolute favorite and I memorized EVERY WORD)
My brother and I would lip sync the skits from the record while they played... I'm going to now embarrass myself I remember this one skit.....

Carlin: Who wants to be Queen for the day????
Unkown Man: Me, I do I do
Carlin: No, not you sir, not you sir

Lol okay, you had to be there, I get it... but just in case there is SOMEONE out there, ANYONE who remembers this skit he did,

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Taggart

I honestly fear that I'm the one that said he was obnoxious and disgusting... to be honest you must understand that I'm a MOTHER, of two young boys.. or atleast they were young when THEY attempted to expose me to Chappelle.. so in my own defense... I had not EVER heard of him before and suddenly they were saying how hilarious this guy was, and I watch this "guy" when he came on T.V. and I was thrown completely off my HEELS!!!! It was some sitcom type show, I honestly do not really remember... it definitely wasn't stand up... but it was MOST definitely RAUNCHY and WAY TOO INNAPPROPRIATE for my 8 and 10 yr. old son's!!!!!

That is all I can say in my defense

Obviously, the reason I've not seen him since was due to chance, and his being blacklisted evidently, from what I can gather through this thread

IF he truly is that awesome I will most definitely check him out now, without children and from what I can gather I will ENJOY his comedy enormously

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
If he can't take being heckled then he is in the wrong line of business.

Agreed. A good comedian could turn a heckle around and make it a great part of the show ...
putting shame to the heckler. Unless what the heckler is saying is true and Chappelle
couldn't handle the truth of it??

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

Taggart

See! That's pure genius !

"You either think he's brilliant or you just dont get comedy!"

At once offsetting the true nature of the self with the acquiesce of the ego, and redefining it into a rather quaint quip questioning the very fabric of the state of mind.

and other assorted made up stuff.

Why not quote the first part I said. The response was to his comedy being Obnoxious and disgusting, which it evidently is not, hence they either haven't actually seen him or understood him.
It was nothing to do with how GOOD he is.

It's like saying I like the Beatles but too dubsteppy for my liking. It is obviously a false problem, not an attack on how good the Beatles are.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join