It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New changes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
This is just beyond horrible. Harder to find and read, way to bright, etc etc... If it ain't broke don't fix it. But as anything with leaders, I bet anything they wont listen to us and change it back.

Gs

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by GermanShep

On the top banner, far right there is a button to change the screen to a darker version which makes it easier on the eyes.

Personally, I like this new layout but everyone has different preferences and it's hard, if not impossible to please everyone.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I think the new layout sucks, especially the new format for the "new" posts. Meh.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Patience young Padawans.

Yes......

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Patience young Padawans.

Yes......

Keep your trap shut and get me a beer..!

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by facelift

You'd look good wearing my boot ...................

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by GermanShep

And launch.

:

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by zetaM7

Everyone is adverse to changes, if something is changed it should be for the best and have advantages. I see no advantages in the new layout in regard to functionality (I love the ribbon in the end of the page, that was gone), since I had already tweaked the "normal" layout to my liking this continual switching makes the change even more revolting...

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Panic2k11

I think there are certain advantages for mobile users and the design seems to be more "modern" which may seem more welcoming to traffic which is new to the site or to the non member.

Sure, there are things I will miss for awhile from the old site until I adapt fully to the new one but overall I really don't think it was a bad move. That's just my take on it.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by zetaM7

A simplified GUI is good for mobile users but what keeps the site active are mostly (I think) desktop users. I understand that it is a consumer vs producers relation, but without those that commit posts there wouldn't be any readers also, and there is really no lookin on the system (there are many alternatives) so a change should be carefully considered not to alienate a significant part of the community...

For example I give you what happened to del.icio.us project, the changes in aesthetics and due to backend need caused lots of people to seek alternatives. I think that ATS focus too much in stuff that is eye candy and has no real interest to the demographics that keeps the site interesting and relevant.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Thread closed

There's a current thread in BBQ for your concerns

new topics

top topics

join