It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Metallica ~ Through The Never (IMAX 3D Sept. 27th, Everywhere Oct. 4th)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
The heavy metal band Metallica has a 3D movie coming out this Fall season called "Through The Never." After viewing the official trailer (below) it appears the movie revolves around some kind of civil unrest where U.S. citizens in combat gear and gas masks have a violent confrontation with "security forces" in riot gear after some devastating event has taken place.

I find it interesting that they chose "civil unrest" as a main theme in the movie. Sign 'O the times I guess.

Synopsis:
Metallica Through the Never is a groundbreaking music-driven 3-D motion picture event. The film combines a spectacular never-before-seen live-performance by Metallica created exclusively for the film and a suspenseful narrative to produce a bracing, raw and visceral cinematic experience.

Emerging young star Dane DeHaan (A Place Beyond the Pines, Kill Your Darlings, The Amazing Spider-Man 2 & 3) portrays Trip, a young roadie sent on an urgent mission that turns into a surreal adventure, while Metallica performs its most iconic songs during a roaring live set in front of a sold-out arena.

Metallica Through the Never features the most elaborate live-performance stage ever built and was filmed with state-of-the-art 3-D photography captured using up to 24 cameras simultaneously. Metallica, one of the most popular and influential rock bands in history, is James Hetfield (vocals, guitar), Lars Ulrich (drums), Kirk Hammett (guitar, background vocals) and Robert Trujillo (bass, background vocals). The film is written and directed by award-winning filmmaker Nimród Antal (Predator, Kontroll) and produced by Charlotte Huggins (Journey to the Center of the Earth). Credits are not final.

The film will be released by Picturehouse in North America on September 27, 2013, exclusively in over 300 IMAX® 3D Theatres, and will expand into additional theaters on October 4, 2013. The film is rated R. Running time is 92 minutes.
METALLICA - Through The Never (Official Movie Website)

[My speculation] So basically, Metallica's management send Trip, a Metallica roadie, out on some very important errands while Metallica is on stage performing. While Trip is on his mission he gets caught up in the middle of some kind of social unrest where U.S. citizens and some "DHS?" security forces are clashing in the city streets after a possible terrorist attack or maybe a protest gone out-of-hand.

All Hell's breaking loose in the city while Metallica is performing to a sold out arena (apparently oblivious to all the mayhem going on outside?). Predictive programming or just a bad ass 3D Metallica movie? I don't know but it looks pretty cool AND it's in 3D!!! I'll be at the movie theatre on October 4th to check it out for sure. \m/ \m/

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Phantasm

AWESOME!!!!!

I have not stepped foot in a movie theater for 7 years!!!

This will be the movie I HAVE to check out!!!!

S and F OP for bringing this to my attention!!! Thanks!

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
If I have to listen to 'new' older Metallica live, I don't think i'll be able to watch it.

My friend is in that movie though

I'll stream it for free in a year when i'm bored one night, I know this for sure.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Here's the soundtrack info. for the movie:

CD #1
The Ecstasy of Gold
Creeping Death
For Whom the Bell Tolls
Fuel
Ride the Lightning
One
The Memory Remains
Wherever I May Roam

CD #2
Cyanide
...And Justice for All
Master of Puppets
Battery
Nothing Else Matters
Enter Sandman
Hit the Lights
Orion

Pretty decent soundtrack. A lot of their older tunes...the good ones.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Great songs, I just really honestly despise how they sound now.

Like, the actual SOUND they make when they play.

The music is great, but they sound like they should have retired years ago.

I gave them a chance, it actually pains me to listen to them live. I can listen to their old stuff for days.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
As a long time Metallica fan and also because the theme of the movie sounds quite interesting, I will be there to see it!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I hope it gets over here to Europe eventually. Love, love, love Metallica!

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bluesma
I hope it gets over here to Europe eventually. Love, love, love Metallica!

Yes it will be released in Europe in October.

Oct. 4th in IMAX and Oct. 11th all across Europe.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Take an exclusive first listen to the rendition of "Master of Puppets" that will appear on the soundtrack to Metallica Through the Never, out September 24th as a two-disc set on Blackened Recordings, the soundtrack will also be available as a digital download and on 33 1/3 rpm vinyl, with limited-edition 45 rpm vinyl slated for release this fall.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
And now we get the 1st & 2nd clips from Through The Never!!!

Clip #1: Trip (the roadie) accidentally walking into the middle of rioters and riot police right before they clash:

Clip #2: All Hell breaks loose in the streets:

edit on 7-9-2013 by Phantasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I will absolutely be seeing this day 1. in fact I already plan on pre-ordering this on Blu-ray when it becomes available. thanks op I would not have known about this if it was not in your sig. I know the police deserved whatever they get in that movie.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
::Explicit Language::

Hit the Lights: The Making of Metallica Through the Never

Chapter 1: Making a 3D Movie

Chapter 2: The Stage

new topics

top topics

join