It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you hate Putin?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
There is always the possibility that Russia is funding the FSA in the hopes that the USA will intervene and trigger something.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
the anti-gay thing is said to be spearheaded by the orthodox church, with putin using it to shore up right wing reactionary support. remember that this imperial pagan antichrist church is just another branch of rome. it is a putrid millstone around russia's neck.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ouvertaverite

You are right about Putin trying to get a good image to right - wing Russians, but Russian orthodox church has nothing to do with ''pagan''or antichrist, They are just a little more hardcore than catholics

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr1Akula

You are right about Putin trying to get a good image to right - wing Russians, but Russian orthodox church has nothing to do with ''pagan''or antichrist, They are just a little more hardcore than catholics

as a member of no religion and a scholar of any and all, i can tell you that the jesus of the bible is not about forcing belief and murdering and torturing in his name, nor ever, EVER glorifying mortal men with titles like 'father' and, incredibly, 'holy father' (which is god in the bible), nor worshipping images, statues or saints (all abominations to jesus), or having gate keepers or toll collectors (a separate priestly class) as all believers are equal and 'wherever two or more gather in my name to worship the lord' is a church. that church and the roman one from which it sprang were formed solely to perpetuate roman paganism while murdering any true followers of christ to control the peasants while the 'nobility' carried on like wolves. so, from the biblical perspective, it is pagan and antichrist.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   

I know it's off- topic. But i'I try a short answer.
What you are refering at, is early christians acts. The christian church was one, until 1000 years after christ
The terms orthodox and catholic where created in 1054ad when the christian church was separated. east was orthodox and west was catholic. so you have to blame both for what happened before.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by teachtaire
There is always the possibility that Russia is funding the FSA in the hopes that the USA will intervene and trigger something.

Absolutely not.

For centuries, it has been Russia policy to protect the homeland from wars in Europe and Asia. Tzar, Soviets and now. Putin is protecting Russia. He will do everything he can to stop any conflict in the region expanding outside that country.

He doesnt give a # about Iran or Syria. What he doesnt want is America fighting a war near them that may expand to Russian borders.

Putin has done a phenomenal job getting Russia to where it is in just over two decades. He is a smart and rational player, but he is not a "team" player. He couldn't care less about world opinion or what others do.

All he cares about is Russia. If more world leaders did the same with their countries, we would all be better off.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ouvertaverite
the anti-gay thing is said to be spearheaded by the orthodox church, with putin using it to shore up right wing reactionary support. remember that this imperial pagan antichrist church is just another branch of rome. it is a putrid millstone around russia's neck.

I will presume you are just trolling, because you could not be more wrong about the Russian Orthodox Church. Crack a book or google "East/West Schism" or "Great Schism".

The Vatican has as much control over the Eastern Orthodox Christians as it does over Baptist's or the Anglican's.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Leonidas

I don't know whether I should laugh or cry about that...

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I like the guy!

Cares only about Russia and Russians, if the British government had done that all along I very much doubt we would be living in this mess of a melting pot of trash that we exist in today! However, there does seem to be a big issue of poverty in Russia, I mean is every kid in Moscow homeless? That's the impression I got when I was there.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr1Akula

I know it's off- topic. But i'I try a short answer.
What you are refering at, is early christians acts. The christian church was one, until 1000 years after christ
The terms orthodox and catholic where created in 1054ad when the christian church was separated. east was orthodox and west was catholic. so you have to blame both for what happened before.

oh, good lord, it's hard to imagine that the eastern church could ever have been any worse than rome, definitely not my point, sir. you know, as recently as wwii, catholic priests in croatia were taking breaks from cutting throats of men, women and children to perform mass. their leader took refuge in the vatican and was smuggled out to south america by pope's boys.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leonidas

Originally posted by ouvertaverite

I will presume you are just trolling, because you could not be more wrong about the Russian Orthodox Church. Crack a book or google "East/West Schism" or "Great Schism".

The Vatican has as much control over the Eastern Orthodox Christians as it does over Baptist's or the Anglican's.

def not trolling--just pointing out their mutual illegitimate foundation in total opposition to every teaching of jesus in the bible, as well as myriad atrocious crimes against their flocks and enemies. where in the blazes did you get that interpretation of my commments?--'cause i implied nothing of the sort. but i will never apologize willingly for calling attention to the heinous crimes of religious bodies, bastardized or not.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by jaxnmarko

You haven't spent much time there recently, have you?

One of my business partners just moved back from Moscow after a five year stint. I have spent about two months a year there over that time period. The young, smart, ambitious professionals there love Putin. You must understand that Russians expect and respect strong leadership. The country is far from perfect, but neither is yours I am willing to bet.

They held wild - I mean Russian-wild - Election parties that put any Spring-break in Florida to shame. These people LOVE their country and get behind their leaders. Yes there is dissent. But not much. To the extent that dissenters get coverage in the West puts it out of proportion to what people there really believe.

He has the support of the vast majority of the people there, especially young professionals.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Well the whole 'anti-gay' thing is a bit of a disappointment, generally fascist policies are going to alienate your educated and moral voters as they only appeal to the lower classes. However, I actually kinda like the guy, he's great comedy / meme material.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
All joking aside for one moment. Putin has requested U.S. citizens to stay clear of "brute force" and made it pertinent he intends to 'keep Assad's chemical weapons under International control', now call me a cynic, but surely this is a much better plan than 'let's bomb the B********' which is the usual war-cry from Capitalist Fundamentalist Christian US & European destroyers of all things from which they can gain.

Sorry that's just my pet name for the UN.

Link to Channel 4 (uk) source

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join