It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. scientist operates colleague's brain from across campus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
There are numerous of conspiracies about mind control and the ways they believe causes it. However, I've always been skeptical. But today an article about scientist sending brain singles from one person to another and having him control him. I find this amazing because news like this would be unheard of in the past. Now it's not only possible, but is confirmed. There is more in the article relating to the benefits and the potential negatives that could happen. Whatever the cause I would like to learn more about this and similar stories in the future.

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Scientists said Tuesday they have achieved the first human-to-human mind meld, with one researcher sending a brain signal via the Internet to control the hand motion of a colleague sitting across the Seattle campus of the University of Washington.

Source

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix267
I find this amazing because news like this would be unheard of in the past. Now it's not only possible, but is confirmed.

Well actually this has been around for quite a while. Plus this experiment was not confirmation as they did not publish anything.

From the article...

experts suggested the feat was not particularly impressive.

The research has not been published in a scientific journal, something university spokeswoman Doree Armstrong admits is "a bit unusual."

The absence of a scientific publication that other researchers could scrutinize did not sit well with some of the nation's leading brain-computer-interface experts.

They didn't really need to publish to prove it exists in general, as this was done some time ago, but they didn't prove their own experiment at all.

Sorry I'm pessimistic, I came hoping that the technology had taken a leap forwards by now. I think the whole "brain hacking" stuff is a looong way off yet.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

Sorry if I misread the article. I'm no expert when it comes to science and usually share articles like this because I'm very optimistic. When I share it on sites like ATS I try to share the "big picture" of the news story. Rather than the details.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
It would be great to control a person's mind for me
I will control my teacher's brain.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix267

Here is a good article on this discovery. I just hope and pray this new technology will be used for the good and not get into the hands of the wrong people.

www.thedailysheeple.com...

new topics

top topics

join