It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

15 Mysterious Locations

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I stumbled upon this nice little list of mysterious locations and thought I would share. Some of these I have never heard of before, namely the China/Indian mountain region one which I enjoyed reading about.

AUTEC, the Caribbean

AUTEC (officially known as the Atlantic Underwater Testing & Evaluation Center) is what many UFO researchers call the U.S. Navy's version of Area 51.

Not only have many UFOs been reported in its vicinity over the years, but hundreds of USOs (Unidentified Submerged Objects) have been seen near this super-secret facility as well. (The Navy denies all this, of course.) Maybe the eeriest thing about AUTEC is that it's located on the Bahamian island of Andros, which puts it smack in the middle of the Bermuda Triangle.

Homestead Air Force Base, Florida

Located south of Miami,
It is claimed that one night in 1974 Jackie Gleason a well-known UFO enthusiast gained access to Homestead Air Force Base through his golfing buddy President Nixon, and there he viewed the remains of a crashed flying saucer and dead alien bodies.
Gleason never spoke openly about the event. The original person telling the Gleason/alien body story was Beverly Gleason, Gleason's second wife.

San Luis Valley, Colorado

Located in the southwest corner of Colorado, the San Luis Valley is a place with reported incidents involving not only UFOs but paranormal activity. Ghosts, "shadow people," unexplained lights, strange animals, and even flying humans has been rumored as well. Coincidentally, the valley is located close to a number of highly classified military installations.

Wenceslas Mine, Poland

Located in southwestern Poland, this facility has long been rumored to be the site of a secret World War II program to build a propulsion unit for Nazi UFOs, better known as "The Bell," Some believe that this is where Nazi scientists worked on Alien Technology.

Archuleta Mesa, New Mexico

Located in Dulce, New Mexico, some claim this mountain is home to 50,000 reptile-like ETs who, with the approval of the U.S. government, perform ghastly experiments on human beings with the ultimate purpose of enslaving mankind to work in plutonium mines on the moon and Mars. Most others dismiss Archuleta Mesa as the weirdest tall-tale in history. The debate about the mysterious location goes on.

M-Triangle, Russia

Located near the Ural Mountains in Russia.
Residents report lots of strange goings on including strange lights, unidentified flying machines, encounters with translucent beings, and weird symbols and letters written across the sky. There are even reports that people who visit the M-Triangle leave feeling more improved both physically and mentally than before.

Falkirk Triangle, Scotland

Some ufologists claim that more UFOs are seen over Scotland than any other country in the world. Many of these sightings are made within the Falkirk Triangle, an area near Edinburgh, where UFOs are reported on a near-daily basis. Adding to the mystery, close to the middle of the Falkirk Triangle is the village Rosslyn, which is the site of Rosslyn Chapel, the mysterious church that has been connected to the Knights Templar (and not just in Dan Brown books).

S4, Nevada

S4, said to be located inside a desert mountain 20 miles south of Area 51, is rumored to be an enormous underground facility where the U.S. military builds flying saucers based on reverse-engineering of recovered/crashed UFOs. However, some researchers think S4 is a complete fabrication created by the CIA to fool Russian satellites into photographing nothing but empty desert.

Saddam's Area 51

When the Invasion of Iraq began in March 2003, U.S. forces paid particular attention to a place called the Little Zab River Valley, bombing it frequently and sending in scores of Special Forces. Located west of Baghdad, the valley was reportedly the site of what many called Saddam's Area 51. Ever since the first Gulf War, reports have come out of Iraq that Saddam's forces had recovered a crashed UFO, brought it to the Little Zab River Valley, reverse-engineered some of its technology, and, from this, created a sort of extraterrestrial WMD.

Britain's Area 51

Many UFO researchers believe Britain's Area 51 can be found beneath a stately English mansion called Rudloe Manor. A small city was constructed underneath the manor during World War II as a place to build fighter planes away from falling German bombs. Rudloe Manor is located close to Salisbury Plain, the home of Stonehenge.

Tonopah, Nevada

About 70 miles northwest of Area 51 is a place so secret, even people in the U.S. intelligence community rarely talk about it. Called the Tonopah Test Range, F-117 Nighthawk stealth fighter was kept under wraps there for ten years without anybody but the president and the highest reaches of the U.S. military knowing about it. The Nighthawks left Tonopah years ago but the highly secret base remains operational. This begs the question: What's being kept there now?

Tonopah, Arizona

Strangely, almost no UFOs are reported over Tonopah, Nevada. However, 500 miles to the southeast, is Tonopah, Arizona, where dramatic UFO sightings happen all the time. These include reports of gigantic aerial ships accompanied by fighter planes and at least one encounter between UFO pilots and local citizens. The Palo Verde nuclear plant, the largest of its kind in the world, is close by; many believe this is what attracts all the UFOs.

Kapustin Yar, Russia

Kapustin Yar is a combination space launch facility and secret weapons base. Many sources in Russia, including famous pilots and aeronautical experts, insist that Russian fighter jets and UFOs engaged in numerous dogfights over Kapustin Yar after UFOs attempted to interfere with some early Russian missile launches.

Aksai Chin

Located in the Himalayan Mountains on the border of China and India,

people in this remote area claim to see UFOs coming out of deep ravines and crevices on a regular basis. These sightings are so frequent, when children in the area are asked to draw something from their everyday lives, many of them reportedly draw pictures of flying saucer-like objects. China and India fought a war over this snowy region in 1962 and, these days, both governments restrict access to this mysterious corner of the world.

Pine Gap, Australia

Pine Gape, located in the geographic center of Australia, is considered one of the most secret places on earth. It is from here that the NSA most likely controls America's newest fleet of spy satellites, many of which are said to eavesdrop on other nations and targeted individuals as well. But Pine Gap is also known for some spectacular UFO sightings: witnesses report seeing interactions between UFO occupants and personnel at the base. Could the U.S. have drones operating from Pine Gap that are disguised to look like UFOs?

Feel free to add more

[url=http://www.trutv.com/conspiracy/paranormal/ufo-sites-secret-military-bases-area-51-haarp-russia-nsa/photos.html?curPhoto=beyond-area-51]Link[/url ]

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Wow, these are fab! I've never even heard of half of them... I have a couple to add from home:

MOD Machrihanish, Scotland

Formerly RAF Machrihanish, this base has long been rumoured to have hosted the hypersonic "Aurora". The base's history includes Vulcan Bombers, Navy SEALS and F-117s. There are many, many reports of "black triangle" UFOs around the area & going up into Glasgow, many of them moving at high speed. There are also reports of the doughnuts on a rope contrail being seen around here

MOD Boscombe Down, Wiltshire, England

MOD Boscombe Down is currently operated by QinetiQ, who do various aircraft tests there. However, my mole at NATO has confirmed that the USA still have bits and bobs going on at Boscombe Down, enough things to need full time staff there. Boscombe Down was the base involved in a crash of a "stealth plane" in 1994, the aircraft was covered and various CIA, SAS & possibly even a JANET aircraft then flew in and the aircraft wreck was taken back to the US in a C5. (More info on that here)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
The mysterious subterrranean rivers below the California Desert:
www.angelfire.com...

Living within driving distance of these caves, I find these stories of underground giant rivers that U.S. Submarines may have traveled, very interesting.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Dulce Base is an alleged secret alien underground facility under Archuleta Mesa on the Colorado-New Mexico border near the town of Dulce, New Mexico in the United States.

Read the full material on the case here:
www.thewatcherfiles.com...

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I live literally across the street from Homestead AFB. The community is called Waterstone. Aside from the noise of the F-35's and other various jets, and the sonic booms caused by those jets, there are other unexplained noises (at least to a civilian) that weird the neighborhood out. In particular, sometimes at night there is a loud droning rumble that will start up and go on for a while and suddenly stop. There will be loud BOOMS that shake the entire neighborhood (not a sonic boom). We've seen strings of lights in formation in the sky around the base and over by Turkey Point as well as around the sky of Homestead and Florida City. Crazy stuff.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by HoptimusPrime

I believe these booms that aren't sonic booms are called sky quakes.... Various scientists have tried to explain them and failed, but the general opinion is that they're from hypersonic aircraft instead of the normal supersonic aircraft. Really interesting actually

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
The first post, granted it comes from internet sources, has to be the worst collection of crap ever posted on ATS. Besides mixing it up with UFO and space alien garbage, the factual elements are mostly wrong. Let me just debunk one:

About 70 miles northwest of Area 51 is a place so secret, even people in the U.S. intelligence community rarely talk about it. Called the Tonopah Test Range, F-117 Nighthawk stealth fighter was kept under wraps there for ten years without anybody but the president and the highest reaches of the U.S. military knowing about it.

Kept under wraps for 10 years at Tonopah. Really? The YF-117A first flight was on 6/18/1981, mind you at Groom, not even Tonopah, where it was established later. By 7/11/1986, one crashed in Bakersfield (well not on city hall). The USAF released a photo of it in 1986.

And just how secret is the Tonopah Test Range? It is so secret that they have a website:
Official TTR website

Do you need landing information for the TTR. Hey, no problem:
TTR airport data

You can see the TTR from several locations right on highway 6. You can drive right up to the gate. Further, there are numerous official documents about the base:
TTR

Most of this thread is UFO related, and really should be in that forum.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by gariac
The first post, granted it comes from internet sources, has to be the worst collection of crap ever posted on ATS. Besides mixing it up with UFO and space alien garbage, the factual elements are mostly wrong.

But on the bright side, its easy to do.
Step 1. Find a picture of a location.
Step 2. Make up some "claimed" and "reports" of some stuff.

Philharmonius Air Force Base, Alaska

As well as being the claimed location of a crashed UFO, there are many reports of strange sounds and vibrations that make people feel unwell. Its is said that after President Carter visited the base in July 1980, that he was so shocked by what he saw that he wanted it closed immediately, but was overruled. There are claims that it is also the location of research into 4th dimension transportation portals.

(Note: image is of Sarie Marais IV Base in Antarctica)

edit on 27-8-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Ok, I get ya.

This is the famed Quetzalcoatl statue in San Jose. Some say a huge dog came to town and er well left it. While it appears to be a steaming pile of something or other, the statue actually leads to an underground base, with the steam being gas escaping from the underground structure. Some of the downtown bums have been spotted kind of close to the statute, facing it, with their hands supposedly trying to unlock it. Hard to tell. All I know is you cant really see their hands, but I assume they are trying to manipulate some sort of control. Thus far I have not seen portal opened, but maybe I need to wait for the right bum.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Florasaurus

Cool

Thanks for the info

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by gariac

has to be the worst collection of crap ever posted on ATS.

Well now I wouldn't go that far. I mean the worst? really? I have read a lot worse on here.

least this one is entertaining

Yeah this thread does fit in 'Area 51 and other facilities' it would also fit in the 'Aliens and UFO' forum. I decided to place it here, if it bothers you that much go ask a mod to move it, or maybe just ignore it?
edit on 28-8-2013 by Lady_Tuatha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

At least what garaic posts is factual information! 'Drones operating from pine gap' lol great research, it's a Shane pine gap doesn't even have a runway! If your looking for secret drone testing I suggest you look up woomera test range, that's where it's at

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stealthbomber

At least what garaic posts is factual information! 'Drones operating from pine gap' lol great research, it's a Shane pine gap doesn't even have a runway! If your looking for secret drone testing I suggest you look up woomera test range, that's where it's at

Where do I claim that to be factual?? Most of what I quoted in my thread is merely speculation.

btw not all drones need a runway

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I really like your presentation, all the photos OP.

thank you, God bless you,

colbe

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Florasaurus

It wouldn't really make sense to fly a Janet aircraft there, it would have to make a few stops on the way. That's the only thing troubling me about the boscombe downs crash.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   

I assume your talking about one that could hover? You'd still need a hangar and taxiways, none of which Pine Gap has.

If planes could land there I'm sure they would instead of landing at RAAF tindall In C-5's because by landing their cargo planes there and people being able to see what and how much of what they're offloading it gives a general idea of how many people are at the base.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Also I bet your probably gonna say a big door opens from the ground and the drones hover out of it, but the amount of heat generated doing that would be a nightmare trying to cool on the fly and there's one thing thing you don't want your new hover drone doing and that's ingesting hot air, the F-35 had a few problems with this during initial testing and had to use a hover pad to dissipate the heat.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stealthbomber
Also I bet your probably gonna say a big door opens from the ground and the drones hover out of it, but the amount of heat generated doing that would be a nightmare trying to cool on the fly and there's one thing thing you don't want your new hover drone doing and that's ingesting hot air, the F-35 had a few problems with this during initial testing and had to use a hover pad to dissipate the heat.

Im sure if they really wanted to conceal a hangar they could find a way to do it. I recall people speculating that there may be one hidden in the mountainside etc on here before, but again its only speculation and with no hard evidence

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   
If people want to prove or disprove dulce go to where they think it is get a space and start digging how far down to they need to dig before hitting a structure of the roof if its there?

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Thanks for the thread. I've read and heard of some of them and others I have not.
Let ye who wanders here read and do further research of their own accord on what they believe to be true or not.

Good OP in my opinion.

Mount Shasta - Redding, CA

The Mystery: This stunning snow-capped peak in the Cascade Mountain range, 60 miles south of the Oregon border, has long been considered one of the planet’s great “cosmic power spots,” luring everyone from Native Americans to Buddhist monks and hippies. Its sacred slopes are home to a potpourri of mysteries: spontaneous altered states; UFO sightings; crystal caves; encounters with Ascended Masters; underground military bases; even the rumored home to Lemurians, surviving members of a sensitive super-race some believe existed 12,000 years ago during the time of Atlantis.

Fact: A chance encounter with a strange group of warm, seemingly enlightened people in Shasta Valley inspired James Hilton to author the classic 1933 novel Lost Horizon, a tale about the idyllic community of Shangri-La. Others claim similar real-life experiences, but the mountain’s sheer natural beauty is inspiration enough for most.

enjoy
leolady

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join