It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over 300 Construction Workers hospitalized for food poisoning?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
So here is a bit of an odd story out of Russia, i generally don't trust a lot of what i read on RT but with these numbers i really took notice. What are the chances that up to 500 construction workers would eat the same tainted chicken?
RT
RIA Novosti

About 350 workers employed in the construction of a new terminal of St. Petersburg’s largest airport, Pulkovo, were hospitalized on Monday with suspected food poisoning, the regional emergencies service said.
“350 people … were taken to the Botkin Clinical Infectious Diseases Hospital by ambulances and vehicles provided by the [airport construction] contractor,” the service said.
The Interior Ministry’s local branch said about 25 people were in serious condition.
It is yet unclear what caused the poisoning. A source in the city’s prosecutor’s office told the Fontanka.ru local news site that the outbreak was presumably caused by tainted chicken meat.
The exact number of hospitalized workers is unknown as various sources give figures ranging from 200 to 500.
“350 people … were taken to the Botkin Clinical Infectious Diseases Hospital by ambulances and vehicles provided by the [airport construction] contractor,” the service said.

edit on 26-8-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
First question. Where do they get their chicken? coz I dont want any of it.

That does sound like a lot of people, makes one wonder whether food poisoning is covering up something that might be more worrying.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

makes one wonder whether food poisoning is covering up something that might be more worrying.

i Agree

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by cheesy

makes one wonder whether food poisoning is covering up something that might be more worrying.

i Agree

Hi cheesy

The more I think about it the more it seems like a cover story. You look a bit blue in the face, have you been eating chicken?

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Especially if its really up to 500 people. I obviously don't know how Russian Construction Workers eat lunch but for all of them to eat chicken? How often does that happen, and at an Airport no less. Wouldn't St Petersburg airport have at least more then one eating establishment?

Ya know it's weird, there have been stories coming out of Russia about "Zombie Pigeons" and i know Russia has an entire field of research dedicated to Reanimatology. It is just what it sounds like.

This is what i meant to add

Impact of Laser Radiation on the Rate of Free Radical Oxidation in Hypovolemic Hypotension and After Reinfusion: Experimental Study Source

How you look at this paper is hard to say. First it is in Russian, but the titles of the various topics are in english. They are mostly experimental studies, and they are all related to death and vicious injuries. Mines, burns, etc.

I also want to draw attention to this, which is off....and possibly ironic.

I am very privileged to have been invited to give a lecture in memory of Professor Vladimir Negovsky who was truly a founder of resuscitation medicine and a very great man. I met him only once, at the first Scientific Congress of the European Resuscitation Council in Brighton in 1992, but he made a lasting impression on me despite the barrier of our different languages: with his stature and his natural dignity there was also kindness, modesty, and courtesy. We were all saddened by the news of his death in August 2003, within a day or so of that of his long􏰀time friend Peter Safar — one of our other great heroes.
My lecture is in Negovsky's memory, and it is appropriate for me to refer to some of his details of his life, his work, and his opinions.

Dr. Negovsky

Over the two􏰀thirds of a century of his work in the field, Negovsky published over 300 papers. Sadly, only a minority are readily available in Western Europe — the work was done before the wonders of the Internet helped to break down lin􏰀 guistic and national barriers. The scope of his interest was enormous, as can be shown from a list of the 15 broad topics that I know to have been included in his writings (Table 1), but there would have been many more.
• Asphyxia of the newborn
• Bipolar defibrillation (30 years sooner than it was common in the West)
Civil disasters and rescue Diagnosis of brain death
• Electric shock injury • External chest compression (in the 1940s) • Haemorrhage • Hypothermia (in the 1960s) • Myocardial infarction • Near􏰀death experiences • Organ donation • Pregnancy related accidents • «Reoxygenation» (reperfusion) injury • Shock • Trauma

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   

What are the chances that up to 500 construction workers would eat the same tainted chicken?

Big cases of frozen chicken allowed to thaw and refrozen because someone did not want to lose money.

In the US no one would dare to sell refrozen meat because of lawsuits.
But in Russia with there corruption people are likely to try to get away with anything.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Ok, maybe a better way to ask it is do you think over 300 people ordered the same thing for lunch?

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

Maybe this is being done by the US? hoping they'll get lucky and poison Snowden

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Yeah..Blue Chicken roasted..

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I don't buy that one...if it could be traced back to the U.S. with any certainty right now then Putin would be all over it. I guarantee that if they could even remotely pin this on us then they would be trying.

I have noticed it is very hard to get much of anything about the medical hospital they were sent to in Saint Petersburg. The Botkins Memorial Hospital for Clinical Infectious diseases in the city seems be partly a military medical academy. Anytime i try to translate anything on that hospital i get 404'd
I did find this, it is a training hospital for Reanimatology.
Schoo ls of Reanimation

GKB s.p. Botkin is one of the oldest hospitals in Moscow. For today is a health facility. Number of hospitals has 2092 units (including 48 of resuscitation); in the hospital there are 39 specialized offices. www.botkinmoscow.ru...

Weird right?
Reanimatology.
Notice how nearly everything you find on the subject references Russia?
One of these links goes back to the 1990's, they have never given up on bringing back the dead. Lord knows what they have discovered at this point. Biotechnology has come a long way and well, sometimes fiction leads to fact. All it ever really takes is one brilliant inventor or one daring group of scientists to break those boundaries.

Check it out, maybe whatever was infecting the Zombie Pigeons was also in their chicken???

On the future of reanimatology

Abstract
This article is adapted from a presentation given at the 1999 SAEM annual meeting by Dr. Peter Safar. Dr. Safar has been involved in resuscitation research for 44 years, and is a distinguished professor and past initiating chairman of the Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine at the University of Pittsburgh. He is the founder and director of the Safar Center for Resuscitation Research at the University of Pittsburgh, and has been the research mentor of many critical care and emergency medicine research fellows. Here he presents a brief history of past accomplishments, recent findings, and future potentials for resuscitation research. Additional advances in resuscitation, from acute terminal states and clinical death, will build upon the lessons learned from the history of reanimatology, including optimal delivery by emergency medical services of already documented cardiopulmonary cerebral resuscitation, basic-advanced-prolonged life support, and future scientific breakthroughs. Current controversies, such as how to best educate the public in life-supporting first aid, how to restore normotensive spontaneous circulation after cardiac arrest, how to rapidly induce mild hypothermia for cerebral protection, and how to minimize secondary insult after cerebral ischemia, are discussed, and must be resolved if advances are to be made. Dr. Safar also summarizes future technologies already under preliminary investigation, such as ultra-advanced life support for reversing prolonged cardiac arrest, extending the "golden hour" of shock tolerance, and suspended animation for delayed resuscitation.

Could you cross breed this with the Bird Flu, make it attack a human's immune system instead of the birds?

“Before death they start to act like zombies,” one Russian news broadcast said. “They lose their orientation and fly without a sense of direction and then fall, already lacking the strength to get up.”

Newcastle disease is a central nervous system ailment that causes apathy, lethargy, disorientation and foaming at the beak.

Some superstitious Russians believe that the dying pigeons signal the end of the world. Grigori Rasputin, Russia’s “mad monk” reportedly predicted that the end of the world would come on August 23, 2013.

If you did, and you weaponized it, what would it be on?

Didn't the first reports about the U.S. going to war with Syria start on the 23rd?

All contracts with Russia on track

All the contracts Syria has signed with Russia are being implemented despite pressure from the West, Syrian President Bashar Assad said in an interview with Izvestia published Monday, but did not clarify the status of a deal for Moscow to deliver S-300 surface-to-air missiles to Damascus.
“Russia is supplying to Syria everything that is needed to ensure its protection and the protection of its people,” Assad said, adding that also included fuel and food supplies.
He praised Russian political and economic support, in particular “the meticulous implementation of military contracts” which he said has helped improve the country’s economic situation despite US pressure, but would not give specifics on the S-300 deal.
“Of course, no country can declare the existence of particular weapon systems or contracts for their delivery: That is part of state and military secrets,” Assad said, adding Russia is honoring all contracts it has signed with Syria.

Well George Romero called it back in the 50's, the world ends with zombies.
Thanks George.

I guess i have to point out the odd similarities in both the "Mad Monks" prophecy and this name.
Rasputin
Putin

Rasputin never died, he is still running Russia!
Mind = Blown.

edit on 27-8-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Of course, how could i forget to add this as well.
Zombie Weapon

Russian President Vladmir Putin confirmed that his country is working on the creation of an electromagnetic gun that attacks its target's central nervous system, putting them in what we hope is a temporary, zombie-like state. According to Russian defense minister Anatoly Serdyukov, "when it was used for dispersing a crowd and it was focused on a man, his body temperature went up immediately as if he was thrown into a frying pan."

"We know very little about this weapon, and even special forces guys can hardly cope with it," added Serdyukov. That doesn't sound very comforting.

Pravda

Major-general of the reserve of the Russian Federal Custodial Service Boris Ratnikov tells that Russia and other countries work on making special devices that turn humans into zombies.

It was already twenty years ago that mass media first mentioned the strange word combination ‘psychotronic weapon’. All information about such weapons arrived from military men transferred to the reserve and from researchers that were not officially recognized by the Russian Academy of Sciences. They usually told about some generators that could make people muddleheaded even when they were distanced at hundreds of kilometers.

Such devices were said to be able to control people’s behavior, seriously impair psyche and even drive people to death.

Forbes
Genetic weapons?

Plans to introduce the super-weapons were announced quietly last week by Russian defence minister Anatoly Serdyukov, fulfilling a little-noticed election campaign pledge by president-elect Putin. Mr Serdyukov said: ‘The development of weaponry based on new physics principles – direct-energy weapons, geophysical weapons, wave-energy weapons, genetic weapons, psychotronic weapons, and so on – is part of the state arms procurement programme for 2011-2020

And rumors say this man and his family didn't just commit suicide.
Daily Mail

The long-term effects are not known, but two years ago a former major in the Russian foreign intelligence agency, the GRU, died in Scotland after making claims about such a weapons programme to MI6.
Sergei Serykh, 43, claimed he was a victim of weapons which he said were ‘many times more powerful than in the Matrix films’.
Mr Serykh died after falling from a Glasgow tower block with his wife and stepson in March 2010. While his death was assumed to be suicide, his family fear there was foul play.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Krokodil
Real Zombies (Very disturbing. VERY Graphic)

A horrific drug known as krokodil has nearly become an epidemic in Russia -- it rots the flesh off its abusers turning them into real-life zombies. The "zombie apocalypse" has been on the tip of everyone's tongue and now the world is getting a look at a substance that transforms healthy individuals into the "walking dead."

Krokodil is three time more potent and a tenth the price of heroin, BuzzFeed said, making Russian youths susceptible to trying it. Its use has spread rapidly.

Krokodil (crocodile) is a desomorphine, a synthetic opiate that is created from a complex chain of mixing and chemical reactions, which addicts will perform numerous times a day to get high, The Independent reported.

It's a drug for the poor that is a mixture of codeine-based "headache" pills and other cheap household ingredients like gasoline, paint thinner, iodine, hydrochloric acid and red phosphorus, Fox News reported.

"Crocodile" gets its reptilian name because the toxic ingredients in the drug make user's skin turn scaly, but that's only the beginning. After longer use, addicts will develop rotting sores.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   
The way i see it, this is all connected. It all ties back to the deaths of two leading researchers in a field known as Reanimatology. Just months after the end of the Iraq War, a war founded on WMD's. Among those WMD's was rumored to be a chemical weapon known as Agent 15

Source

“Agent 15″ entered our collective lexicon in 1998, however, when the British announced they had “received intelligence, believed to be reliable, which indicated that, at the time of the Gulf War, Iraq may have possessed large quantities of a chemical warfare mental incapacitant agent known as “Agent 15.” George Robertson, then defense secretary, described it as “one more filthy uncivilised weapon of war in [Saddam's] armoury.” He warned that Agent 15 could result in: “dilated pupils, flushed faces, dry mouth, tachycardia, increase in skin and body temperature, weakness, dizziness, disorientation, visual hallucinations, confusions, loss of time sense, loss of co-ordination and stupor.” - See more at: warincontext.org...

Apparently there are two cables on wikileaks that confirm this as well though i have yet to find them.

Of all the information i have found this caught my eye.

The United States had weaponized BZ for delivery in the M44 generator cluster and the M43 cluster bomb until stocks were destroyed in 1989.
Alleged use[edit source | editbeta]
In February 1998, the British Ministry of Defence accused Iraq of having stockpiled large amounts of a glycolate anticholinergic incapacitating agent known as Agent 15.[5] Agent 15 is an alleged Iraqi incapacitating agent that is likely to be chemically either identical to BZ or closely related to it. Agent 15 was reportedly stockpiled in large quantities prior to and during the Persian Gulf War. However after the war the CIA concluded that Iraq had not stockpiled or weaponised Agent 15.[6][7]
In January 2013, an unidentified U.S. administration official, referring to an undisclosed U.S. State Department cable, claimed that "Syrian contacts made a compelling case that Agent 15, a hallucinogenic chemical similar to BZ,[8] was used in Homs".[9] However in response to these reports U.S. National Security Council spokesman stated "The reporting we have seen from media sources regarding alleged chemical weapons incidents in Syria has not been consistent with what we believe to be true about the Syrian chemical weapons program".[7][10] The chemical was also allegedly used in the August 2013 Ghouta attacks.[11]

Agent 15

3-Quinuclidone is a drug precursor for medicinal (neuroprotective) as well as military applications,

Now i could be very wrong, but it would seem to me at least that this weapon could have been a derivative of research being done in Reanimatology. This was in the experimental study link earlier in the thread.

Comparative Analysis of Higher Mental Functions in Patients After Anesthesia withDiprivane and Ketamine

Ketamine and Diprivan
Diprivan
Ketamine

I also spoke about a street drug called Krokodil
We also remember the face eater in Florida and "Bath Salts"

To me it would seem these various designer drugs are related.

I think Agent 15, Krokodil, Bath Salts and the experiments in Reanimatology are all connected. I believe it was Russian Science that created Agent 15 and sold it to Saddam. I believe it is at least one of the weapons we feared and i don't think the US got it.

You might also notice that one of the ingredients for Krokodil is Red Phosporous...

Red phosphorus is used in the production of semiconductors, pyrotechnics, fertilizers, safety matches, pesticides, smoke bombs, incendiary shells in organic synthesis reactions and certain flame retardants. It is also used in electroluminescent coatings.
Read more: www.ehow.com...

I think Syria did. And i think it is worse then anyone wants to admit.
I think Russia knows this and knows it will tie back to them. They already a zombie weapon.

Since the beginning of the war in Syria there has been a long rumor that a chemical weapon attack turned some of the rebels into zombies. It was said for months, sometimes in jest and other times in seriousness.

Putin even warned the US not to arm flesh-eaters.
A video surfaced of a Syrian Rebel eating the heart of soldier.

Perhaps, just perhaps, the weapon has the effects of both krokodil (rotting flesh, shortened life span) and bath salts (cannibalism).

From Vlad the Impaler, to Rasputin, to Putin. Russia has a history of cheating death.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Outbreak

Bubonic plague scare hits Kyrgyzstan

Bishkek: Kyrgyzstan officials are scrambling to control the spread of bubonic plague that killed a rural boy last week as three more people showed possible symptoms of the disease.
The easternmost district of Ak-Suu in the Central Asian country was on lockdown while police guarded the hospitals where 15-year-old Temirbek Isakunov was treated and died last Thursday.
The emergency ministry said that three more people from the same village as the victim were hospitalised on Tuesday on suspicion of being infected with the deadly disease.

Read more: www.smh.com.au...

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   
The more i think about it and dig around the more i realize that there has been very good reasons to watch Syria over the past few years and even more so to fear their relationships with China and Russia.

Source

The the extensive foreign activities of Syrian intelligence services include substantial acquisition efforts focused on biological and chemical weapons. The Syrian procurement structure uses the Scientific Studies and Research Center as cover.

Secretly assisted by Russian chemical experts, the Syrian military research and development and industrial complex known as the Scientific Studies and Research Center had little trouble getting the required expertise, technology and materials from Russian sources to produce VX nerve gas.

The Washington Times reported on July 23, 1996 that the CIA had discovered that Syria's Scientific Studies and Research Center received a shipment of missile components from China Precision Machinery Import-Export Corporation, China's premier firm selling missiles (particularly M-11s) abroad.

edit on 30-8-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

After the bombing of this building last month who knows what kind of madness was unleashed and what kind of weapons could be found by determined looters.

They went out of their way to damage it heavily, they wanted it destroyed.
What was left inside that they didn't break or burn?
Can we even have any idea of what was being researched and produced in this lab at that time?
edit on 30-8-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

top topics

join