It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BUSTED! US, UK, back false-flag chemical attack in Syria

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Astrocyte

Speaking as an America, I love my country.

But living in ANY society which is willing to throw a whole generation of it's citizens underneath the bus to line the pockets of an international ruling-elite is ill-advised.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Kurius

Well then your example was pretty irrelevant. What's happening in Syria is tantamount to abuse - not to someones quirky way of living.

You are not the police! Giving your kids guns to kill your neighbor or burning their house down, for example, will not work very well and look very smart either. I guess that's the part they missed in the psychology book you obviously read? Why are so insistent you should be the savior? Who died recently and made you King of your neighbor's house??? Seriously.

I read over this twice, and I guess you were being sarcastic, but it didn't make much sense. I guess you're trying to make a one-on-one analogy between foreign interference in Syria's affairs and domestic abuse?

Let me restate what I said. My example of a father abusing his wife and children was to highlight the importance of interference. The effects of abuse tends to be trauma; if you study trauma - as I have - you will understand that it is completely unreasonable to expect someone who is experiencing it to just "confront" the abuser. They are frozen stiff; their nervous systems have gone all haywire, which compromises their ability to make psychologically sound choices. Add to that the fact that the wife feels dependent, and or the children both respect and are afraid of their father, and you got a pretty complicated scenario.

9 times out of 10, you need outside support, whether that be a priest, a friend, a counselor, or a family member, to interfere and help that person get their life together.

Now, I am moving from this domestic example to international relations. Syria, as said, possesses chemical weapons; Assad's dictatorial rule is being challenged by the mostly Sunni rebels. Therefore, Assad has the incentive to use chemical weapons against supporters of the opposition.

Here's where I detract from the mainstream view. Steven Pinker points out in the Better Angels of Our Nature that chemical weapons hardly qualify as weapons of mass destruction. They kill no more people than conventional weapons do. They're considered awful mostly because of how people are affected; they either die of suffocation, or suffer serious neurological, lung, skin, and other injury.

However, chemical weapons are still unfair. They are easy to deploy and their ability to contain an opposition is great. For that reason, and that reason alone, I would support US response against Syria.

Finally, we need to recognize what kind of an anachronism Syria is. The present regime keeps Syrians in a 2nd or 3rd world atmosphere. They don't appreciate the same freedoms we do - for example, the ability to freely visit any website online that we want (something many people here obviously do not fully appreciate); the inability to criticize their own regime. The inability to elect a new government. Syria is a throwback to communism's heyday. The world has moved on, and so should Syria.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astrocyte
reply to post by Kurius

Well then your example was pretty irrelevant. What's happening in Syria is tantamount to abuse - not to someones quirky way of living.

You are not the police! Giving your kids guns to kill your neighbor or burning their house down, for example, will not work very well and look very smart either. I guess that's the part they missed in the psychology book you obviously read? Why are so insistent you should be the savior? Who died recently and made you King of your neighbor's house??? Seriously.

Let me restate what I said. My example of a father abusing his wife and children was to highlight the importance of interference. The effects of abuse tends to be trauma; if you study trauma - as I have - you will understand that it is completely unreasonable to expect someone who is experiencing it to just "confront" the abuser.

However, chemical weapons are still unfair. They are easy to deploy and their ability to contain an opposition is great. For that reason, and that reason alone, I would support US response against Syria.

Finally, we need to recognize what kind of an anachronism Syria is. The present regime keeps Syrians in a 2nd or 3rd world atmosphere. They don't appreciate the same freedoms we do - for example, the ability to freely visit any website online that we want (something many people here obviously do not fully appreciate); the inability to criticize their own regime. The inability to elect a new government. Syria is a throwback to communism's heyday. The world has moved on, and so should Syria.

Yes, if you ever witness a domestic abuse, you can interfere by calling 911 or other legal help. Again, I would strongly advise that you don't take the matter into your own hands by taking a gun over to your neighbor's house. But if you're really really itching to... I, for one, will certainly not stop you.

In the case of Syria, do you even know for sure who used the chemical weapons? The whole thread suggests it might be the al-Qaeda rebels courtesy of Qatar with US support. If you do know, please sign up with the Intelligence service. If you don't and still gung-ho about supporting a military strike on Syria, I hope you will enroll yourself or kids in the army/navy tomorrow. We wish you luck. I heard Obama is going ahead without international backing on this one. You should join him on a parachute jump over the war zone. Let's force some freedom into Syria, shall we? And make sure everyone can criticize the regime when you are finished bombing them. Oh, while you are at it, try sprinkle some of your freedom dust on Saudi, UAE, Qatar, Yemen, the entire region there too. Don't forget Iraq and Afghanistan...We haven't finished doing our magic there yet, have we?

Your country will LOVE you and we will cheer you on....(sarcasm)

edit on 29-8-2013 by Kurius because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoParadigm

Also ridiculous how they hacked the servers and leaked only 2 emails?
Limbo

(post by TDawg61 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Limbo

It seems to me that somebody hacked into their network, stole their email template and forged the email for reasons I don't really understand either.

They leaked no other emails because they probably couldn't find anything juicy because such conversations don't take place over email in the first place, if they are even doing anything shady.(they probably are to some extent.)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by RageAgainstFascism

The US government is by far the most repulsive on this earth....please don't tar all Americans with the same brush, many many of them are just normal people like us.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeoParadigm
reply to post by Limbo

It seems to me that somebody hacked into their network, stole their email template and forged the email for reasons I don't really understand either.

They leaked no other emails because they probably couldn't find anything juicy because such conversations don't take place over email in the first place, if they are even doing anything shady.(they probably are to some extent.)

How do you counter real news ... create fake info before to discredit the idea ..... I don't know if this is a hoax or not ..... and neither does anyone else here claiming to have such clairvoyance.....

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by fnpmitchreturns

How do you counter real news ... create fake info before to discredit the idea ..... I don't know if this is a hoax or not

Yes that is a good point.

This is thread is a HOAX because the premise is not true, the email was faked.

The interesting question is now more who was behind the hacking and the forgery, and what was the exact intention.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by spy66
Now what is this?

I havent seen rocets With a tiped head like this before?

It is called a Hell Cannon and simply an improvised mortar with the projectile based around a propane cylinder. There are different models and variations to both mortar and projectiles.

See from 03:55 and see the blue propane tank projectile being fabricated. Also see the explosive fill for the cylinder being made shortly after that segment. Some of the fill from the sack is nitrate. At 04:58 the explosive fill is placed in the propane tank.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ParasuvO

I don't see your point. This is a confirmed hoax in that the email was proven to be faked. Not only was it proven, the Daily Mail apologized to that company and paid them damages.

A link in case you did not notice the first one.

We now accept that email was fabricated and acknowledge there is no truth in any suggestion that Britam or its directors were willing to consider taking part in such a plot, which may have led to an atrocity.
We apologise to each of them and have agreed to pay substantial damages.

If the emails had turned out to be real, I'd be on the other side. Those responsible for the faked email are the story now.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Bottom line :
I would take the word of Doctors-without-Borders and
the word of the Red-Cross before listening to the
lies of any politician., especially in u.s.
Let the civilians speak for themselves and stop the censorship !

Doctors Without Borders, Red Cross: "Syria Intervention a Big Mistake"

source

Let Manning, Snowden, Assange tell the truth when no politician will.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ToneDeaf

Bottom line :
I would take the word of Doctors-without-Borders and
the word of the Red-Cross before listening to the
lies of any politician., especially in u.s.
Let the civilians speak for themselves and stop the censorship !

Doctors Without Borders, Red Cross: "Syria Intervention a Big Mistake"

source

Let Manning, Snowden, Assange tell the truth when no politician will.

The only time a politician tells the truth is when he calls another a liar (Alfred E. Neuman)
Limbo

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   
The op source uses info wars as its source.
That guy is mental

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by LarryLove
139 flags that proves ATS is still on term break. I swear this place has degraded into the realms of absolute nonsense. Any minute know we will have 'but those thousands gassed were all actors.' Mods and board owners, you know better than to let this thread run as long as it has without confining it to the hoax bin. Is a court ruling not enough to confirm these emails are pure fabrication?

Frankly read this and send this tosh of a thread to the hoax bin.
edit on 28-8-2013 by LarryLove because: (no reason given)

And in this recent thread an ATS member shows how the email time stamps display how these email couldn't be real.

And I genuinely hope that come morning this drivel is thrown into the trash.

Thank you, Larry. I have the exact same concern regarding the direction some people are trying to drag ATS. Down. If anyone wants slanted, polemic drivel they can go comment on religious videos on YouTube or hang out on Infowars.

ATS is something more, something better. I am concerned with all the "false-flag' wailing every time someone farts in a crowded elevator. Of course they happen. That doesn't mean every situation that occurs is a 'false-flag' operation.

I wonder aloud if the site has gotten to big to manage? Or if the current mods and admins maybe want to encourage threads that are little more than mini-internet-cage-matches? I hope it is not the former and pray it is not the latter.

Hopefully you are right and the more reasoned and intelligent have just taken the summer off.
edit on 31-8-2013 by Leonidas because: I can't spell.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   

U.S. Had Intel on Chemical Strike Before It Was Launched
American intelligence agencies had indications three days
beforehand that the Syrian regime was poised to launch
a lethal chemical attack

source

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Rush Limbaugh program right now...TURN ON!!!
I will take notes and reply in a few hours..

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
reply to post by Brucee

Or you can just click here:

Source

Everyone needs to see this.

edit on 26-8-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

When I click on your link, I get the archived article for a bout 2 seconds then the page dissappears and says invalid link.
Anyone else?

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoParadigm

Maybe as a political tool as a pretense to what actually will happen. (Or has happened.)
I would really like to see the paper trail who this hacker is tied with (His connections beliefs etc.)
Limbo

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join