It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's discuss the Flying Spaghetti Monster and Pastafarians

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

What do you all think of the FSM group?

At best, they are semi-decent comedians with an odd sense of humor.
Though they also come across as attention whores.

edit on 26-8-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Texas Tech student allowed to wear pasta strainer in official photo

See : Special snowflake syndrome

A member of that newly-adult, me'er-than-me generation which expects attention and praise just for being themselves -- doing anything to deserve it is completely optional.

edit on 26-8-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Myself I think if they truly wanted to be offensive they would of called their gathering place a Mosque but then someone might have cut their head off for offending their religion. So to me these are a bunch of gutless whores.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   

You just don't get it, do you, log? You don't.

you mean the noble work they are doing to make people realise the stupidity of their beliefs by mocking them?

When, I wonder, will you tell us why
you are so serious about all this?

should i rather be joking and waste my life in making fun of what other people hold sacred?

I also like to stick with the truth, and I know that this Universe has a Creator.
Maybe you also agree but then i am not the one who doesn't have a clue which stand to agree and be firm on it, rather than rolling around like an aimless/directionless marble.

I also believe that there is a purpose to life and mock worshipping a spaghetti monster is sure not one of it.

Oh well. You go ahead with your
negativity and blaming and judgment
of other cultures.

Really? What about judgment and negativity about all faiths and ways of living other than your own?

Obviously you are offended by this
thread....could you honor the OP and
tell us "why"? What offends you about
it?

not really offended. It sure is a bit disgusting to see what things are praised and what things are being ridiculed.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by logical7

Oh lighten up! These people are having fun .. not hurting anyone .. not flying planes into buildings or blowing things up .... and they are minding their own business and not pushing radical religious based laws onto others who don't want them.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Oh lighten up! These people are having fun .. not hurting anyone .. not flying planes into buildings or blowing things up .... and they are minding their own business and not pushing radical religious based laws onto others who don't want them.

oh i am cool, i just am pointing that people delude themselves a lot that they are in someway helping people who believe in God and afterlife by making a mockery and in the end only look silly themselves.

People also delude themselves by believing that a bunch of barely trained pilots could hit towers at precise height to bring them down
and that building 7 just fell because it started shaking with fear after seeing the terrible terrorist attack

its a strange world FF and i like to watch and amuse myself a bit at the levels of blindness/ignorance that people willingly choose as reality.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   

edit on 27-8-2013 by logical7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by logical7
People also delude themselves by believing that a bunch of barely trained pilots could hit towers at precise height to bring them down

People delude themselves into thinking that those terrorist muslims weren't trained enough to be able to do it. They didn't have to be rocket scientists to learn how to steer a plane that the pilots had already gotten up and running in the air for them. Hell .. I could do it. And the buildings didn't have to be hit at a 'precise height' to bring them down. Dude ... they did it .... they were Muslim extremists .... you are in denial and clinging to the conspiracy theories because, somehow, it makes you feel better about being Muslim.

Again ... the Pastafarians are peaceful and not pushing their whacky religious views on others ... unlike some other 'religious' people I could name. I don't think the Pastafarians go around chopping off the hands of their children if they were caught in the cookie jar ...

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   

oh i am cool, i just am pointing that people delude themselves a lot that they are in someway helping people who believe in God and afterlife by making a mockery and in the end only look silly themselves.

So, their message is lost on you. They say they ARE a religion. And since NO ONE REALLY KNOWS, what's the harm in laughing at ourselves?

And I'm no "marble", thanks. I just realize that there is NO ONE RELIGION that has it all right - but they all have a little bit to offer.

I used to know a couple who ate only at the SAME RESTAURANT every day, 3 times a day - never ventured out to taste other cuisine. How dull. But, there are also people who are born in a small town, stay there all their lives, never travel, grow old and die there. Would I do that?

No. Not in ANY lifetime could I see my spirit leaning toward that. Life is too short, and the world is too big and full of fascinating ideas to cling to ONE mode only and think it is "the right and best one."

But, like I said, you don't get it. Silly? They look silly? They are TRYING to look silly. And it should make you think about what you do every day on here -

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Here are the 8 "Really Rather You Wouldn'ts" (Edited for T&C)
from some random person on yahoo answers. (I'll keep digging for better sources)....

#1. I'd really rather you didn't act like a sanctimonious holier-than-thou *** when describing my noodly goodness. If some people don't believe in me, that's okay. Really, i'm not that vain. Besides, this isn't about them so DON'T CHANGE THE SUBJECT.

#2 I'd really rather you didn't use my existence as a means to oppress, subjugate, punish, eviscerate, and/or you know, be mean to others. I don't require sacrifices and purity is for drinking water, not people.

#3. I'd really rather you didn't judge people for the way they look, or how they dress, or how they talk or well, just play nice. Okay? Oh, and get this into your thick heads: Woman = Person, Man = Person, Samey = Samey. One is not better than the other unless you're talking about fashion and i'm sorry but i gave that to women and some guys who know the difference between teal and fuchsia.

#4. I'd really rather you didn't indulge in conduct that offends yourself, or your willing consenting partner of legal age AND mental maturity. As for anyone who might object, i believe the expression is, "[SNIP]!", unless they find that offensive in which case they can turn off the T.V. off for once and go for a walk for a change.

#5. I really would rather you didn't challenge the bigoted, misogynistic, hateful ideas of others on an empty stomach. Eat, then go after the [SNIP].

#6. I'd really rather you didn't build multi-million dollar churches/temples/mosques/shrines to my noodly goodness when the money could be better spent (take your pick): A. Putting an end to poverty. B. Curing diseases. C. Living in peace, loving with passion and lowering the price of cable. I might be a complex carbohydrate omniscient being, but i enjoy the simple things in life. I ought to know, i AM the creator.

#7. I'd really rather you didn't go around telling people that i talk to you. You're not that interesting. Get over yourself. And i told you to love your fellow man, can't you take a hint?

#8. I'd really rather you didn't do unto others as you would have them do unto you if you are into, umm, stuff that uses a lot of leather/[SNIP]. If the other person is into it (pursuant to #4) then have at it, take pictures, and for the love of Mike, WEAR A CONDOM! Honestly, It's a piece of latex. If i didn't want it to feel good i would have added spikes, or something.

Seems like some good 'druthers' to me.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

People delude themselves into thinking that those terrorist muslims weren't trained enough to be able to do it. They didn't have to be rocket scientists to learn how to steer a plane that the pilots had already gotten up and running in the air for them. Hell .. I could do it. And the buildings didn't have to be hit at a 'precise height' to bring them down. Dude ... they did it .... they were Muslim extremists .... you are in denial and clinging to the conspiracy theories because, somehow, it makes you feel better about being Muslim.

Really? Why they waste so much money on flight control towers then?

Even an experienced boeing pilot needs help to land.

And that bunch just flew without any help or was a control tower guiding them to where exactly the towers were?

I cling to it because i am a muslim? Well maybe, but what about many others americans who are not muslims.

The same applies to you btw, you want to accept it because its muslims that are being implicated.

You think your government is a saint

the whole world is much wiser, nobody believes the government story.

I don't think the Pastafarians go

around chopping off the hands of their children if they were caught in

the cookie jar ...

you really cling to and twist people's statement to make a shallow point.

I wouldn't keep the cookie jar as a forbidden thing that children have to sneak and steal.

On topic, i am just telling my views on people who spend more time and effort on things/ideas/beliefs they hate/disagree, that they are really pathetic and have nothing better to do.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Life is too
short, and the world is too big and full
of fascinating ideas to cling to ONE
mode only and think it is "the right
and best one."

You really can't differentiate between whats the Truth and Reality of life and death and the different flavours of ice-creams that are available.
Yes there are many ideas out there but one can safely say that if two ideas contradict each other and they are not a part of a higher truth then one of them is false.

By using my brain i can reach till the Truth that there is a Creator and i have been created for a purpose.
Beyond that i cannot go unless the One who created me guides me in some way. That guidance is prophets coming with divine revelations.

You saying that you have a purpose and you can figure out reality without guidance is just insincere. And saying that because you can't figure out, so its fine no matter what people do and all with ultimately reach there is again an awkward conclusion that contradicts with your own views as this conclusion is just a wishful one, you don't really know and you maybe mislead many by saying them things that you are not sure of and just hope to be true.
Life is sure short to waste having a soothing belief that you know could not be true and when you do come to know, its too late.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

You just don't get it, do you, log? You don't.

you mean the noble work they are doing to make people realise the stupidity of their beliefs by mocking them?

When, I wonder, will you tell us why
you are so serious about all this?

should i rather be joking and waste my life in making fun of what other people hold sacred?

I bet you've never seen a Monty Python film.
From Monty Python and the Holy Grail:

LAUGHTER, and realizing that we DON'T KNOW as much as we think we do - are MAJOR parts of life...
people who are able to step back and laugh about the silliness all around us, even at their own mistakes and eccentricities, are MUCH happier.

So, waste your life being bitter and pig-headed then. I don't care. You really don't know as much as you think you do...

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   

You saying that you have a purpose and you can figure out reality without guidance is just insincere.

What makes you think I have no "guidance"? Just because I choose a different "guide" than you do?
Or I look at many different 'guidance' systems?

How arrogant. Listen, bub, you DON'T have a monopoly on knowledge.

Let's think about road systems. I don't like to drive on highways...so, I look at maps to learn alternate routes. They take longer, but they are safer - there is less traffic, at slower speeds, and generally MUCH better scenery.

When a roadway is being worked on after damage or for improvements, there are DETOURS marked....which will lead one exactly to the place they were headed before they reached the 'blockage'. WHY do you not see that?

You really are a narrow-minded and depressing person, logical7. Life is too short to live in constant fear and superstition. Too bad you take everything so seriously.

THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED is where we find real grace, where we find our true selves, and how best for us EACH to live our own lives --

Islam would never work for me; neither do any of the Christian religions. So, I'll make my own way - which is all we each of us can do, in the end. You go ahead and believe your stories, that's fine. I'll enjoy my life all the same.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Even an experienced boeing pilot needs help to land.

Hey genius .. they weren't landing ... they were just steering and crashing the planes into big ol' buildings. SIMPLE ... even for moron Muslim jihadi extremists who spent a bunch of time in flight school and in simulators. THEY WERE TRAINED to steer planes. That's all they had to do.

And that bunch just flew without any help or was a control tower guiding them to where exactly the towers were?

IFR and VFR ... they were on VFR. It was a clear calm morning and the towers stick WAY OUT. Easily seen. The airplanes weren't on automatic pilot and had no need of control towers to tell them where to go. And the dead pilots had gotten the planes up and running just fine. So the moron Muslim extremists didn't have to take off or land ... JUST STEER ... and THEY WERE TRAINED TO DO SO.

Desperately clinging to conspiracy theories that claim it wasn't muslim extremists who mass murdered on 9/11 is really pathetic. Your deflection and illogic may help you sleep at night, but it doesn't change the fact that it was indeed radical jihadi muslims who perp'd 9/11. Learn to deal with it.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Life is sure short to waste having a soothing belief that you know could not be true and when you do come to know, its too late.

.... says the guy who desperately clings to the 'soothing belief' that well trained Muslim jihadists couldn't possibly have steered airplanes into buildings on 9/11. When you do come to know the truth .. it'll be too late (back atchya).

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Dude ... they did it .... they were Muslim extremists .... you are in denial and clinging to the conspiracy theories because, somehow, it makes you feel better about being Muslim.

As far as I know, a LOT of those 9/11 conspiracies were first presented by non-Muslim Americans. In fact, here on ATS...I see threads by Americans talking about how "evil" the government is. I guess you believe they are all actually Muslims in denial, as well.

Also, there is a whole section on ATS dedicated to discussing 9/11 conspiracies. But I'm sure you think the only people who post there are Muslims in denial (C) and (TM)
edit on 27-8-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
a LOT of those 9/11 conspiracies were first presented by non-Muslim Americans.

Irrelevant. They are wrong. Period.

As for Logical ... It's hypocritical to point at others and say they are holding onto 'soothing beliefs' when that is exactly what he is doing.

If someone wants to be silly and buy into being a Pastafarian ... so what? LIke I said .. they aren't hurting anyone, they aren't flying airplanes into buildings, they aren't chopping off their kids hands if they get caught taking a cookie from the cookie jar, they don't call for beating women, they don't wage war against anyone in an attempt to make the world all of their religious beliefs, they don't push their fantasy religion on anyone, they don't enslave people or preach misogyny. They are fine. Leave 'em be.

edit on 8/27/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

people who are able to step back and laugh about the silliness all around us, even at their own mistakes and eccentricities, are MUCH happier. So, waste your life being bitter and pig-headed then. I don't care. You really don't know as much as you think you do...

I do have a laugh on the silliness around me, why else do you think i am here on this thread?

you think i cannot laugh and joke? well people who know me think otherwise.

I don't think i know it all, i just know that the Universe is Created for a specific duration and a very well defined purpose, we did not get self consciousness for fun. It was to question and find the truth and not say that all ways are true, thats just silly.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

What makes you think I have no "guidance"? Just because I choose a different "guide" than you do? Or I look at many different 'guidance' systems?

what criteria do you think that "guidance" should satisfy?
If its from just another human then its also not certain.
It should be an authenticated guidance from the Creator.

Looking at many systems is a requirement, its foolish to assume that one has miraculously been born in the right one.
But the requirement is also to take what is True rather than what seems likeable/appealing.
There has to be a difference between Looking for the Truth and shopping in a grocery store.
The Truth is not always comforting btw.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join