It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Artificial Duck Flavor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Im cooking some Asian ramen noodles right now my Asian friend im dating left over at my place. I notice the headline on the square bag. "artificial duck flavor" Hmm interesting wording Im thinking...lets pretend the manufacturer of this lovely product simply labeled it duck flavor....wouldn't that already imply its artificial? due to the fact saying its not real duck...but the flavor of duck?

So implying this simple logic. artificial duck flavor could amount to anything tasting from a plastic duck or a picture of a duck... am I the only one slightly annoyed at this grouping of words?

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   
I mean lets say you are are walking down the grocery isle. You pass a can that says made with real duck...then a step later down the isle you pass a can that says duck flavor...then a step further you pass a can that says artificial duck flavor.
ummm. Lol!
edit on 24-8-2013 by Foxy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Im just trying to understand the logic here. pls give examples how this makes sense. even like off the wall ones like passing cans that say made with real humans..then passing a can that says human meat flavor...or the one that says artificial human meat flavor. even though Im not a cannibal I might try the artificial human meat flavor just to know whats its like to be a cannibal.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Foxy1
Im just trying to understand the logic here. pls give examples how this makes sense. even like off the wall ones like passing cans that say made with real humans..then passing a can that says human meat flavor...or the one that says artificial human meat flavor. even though Im not a cannibal I might try the artificial human meat flavor just to know whats its like to be a cannibal.
you should see what flavour enhancers are in pepsi and campbells soup to name a few [ aborted male feotus cells yum yum

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
You can add a meat flavor without actually adding the meat.

If it said "with duck" that, to me at least, would say it has actual chunks of duck meat.

"duck flavoring" would be some sort of flavoring made from real duck. Beef bullion cubes come to mind as something they could call "beef flavoring" but it's still made from real beef.

Artificial flavoring would mean it's not made from the real meat, it's just a mixture that resembles the real flavor but isn't made with any real meat.

Makes perfect sense to me...

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Foxy1

Hey! I didn't even know real ducks could make cans....wow! amazing!!

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Just be happy that it's not artificial human flesh flavoring .
Yes .. I really did just say that .. human flesh flavor.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Apparently no one here is sophisticated or worldy enough to know that artificial duck is a rare delicacy served in parts of Asia and Eastern South America. It is usually reserved for dictators, and other heads of state or exalted visitors.

If you were able to find anything that even resembles the divine flavor of artificial duck, you are a very fortunate man indeed.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I like the Thai duck ramen I get from the asian-mart.

The artificial duck flavor is delish.

Is it real duck, heck no. Does it make your mouth happy? I rest my case.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Foxy1

Hi. Yes asian ramon noodles are my favourite noodles. I just love them. Oh yes i do get annoyed with the duck artificial labelling to. But i will give you a good tip. I found a sauce called Wile E Coyote on an asian market. The guy said it was made from sacred ingredients. So i thought "Why not, I will try it". So i cooked the noodles and added the sauce. It was great. By far the best tasting sauce i have ever had. Afterwards i was working on my house and had to move an ACME 1000 pound weight with a small pump truck like this
....As i was moving it, The truck with the weight on started to move forward rapidly. My glove got stuck on the handle and i could not let go. Next thing i was rolling down a large hill really fast, I went through a crop of maize like this
The pain was intense as my penis was being scraped on the floor. That was just the start though. As i left the hillside of maize, I went through a bee keepers property and knocked over one of his beehives. All i could here was the intense roaring off angry bees....With the truck still picking up momentum i though my days were numbered, As angry bees started to sting my bottom and arms. I was powerless to stop it. Luckily i crossed a shallow river on the hillside which drenched me and the bees seem to dissapear. I still could not let go of the truck as it shot through the side of a barn, Luckily it was old so the Truck, Weight, And myself easily crashed through to the other side. The truck then went straight across a main road with heavy traffic, And came to a shuddering halt in some farmers conservatory like this
..Thank the lord i thought to myself. But this farmer was not amused. He was shouting and swearing and went to his gun cabinet. I scrambled to my feet and managed to loosen my glove. As i started to run he started firing buckshot in my direction. I just kept running into the distance. Eventually i escaped, Bruised, Battered but alive. BTW just add the sauce for the last 60 seconds of cooking and that will be just right.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
The flavoring comes, not by cooking a duck and saving the drippings; but by using chicken drippings and flavouring them with the resin derived from the pith of a certain gourds, which combines with the chicken fat to give that same smoky sweet flavoring as actual duck

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Hi friends,

Go for this Site www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join