It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IN MAGNUM PI WHO WAS ROBERT MASTERS?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Magnum was a TV series still played and in it is the invisible supposedly seen character Robert Masters a mysters writer. In the series there are times when it is suggested that Robert Masters may be Higgins, the house sitter/butler. But could it be the Magnum character ( who works as a private eye) who was Robert Masters? After all Magnum did work for military intelligence, so maybe a rich x-member of military intelligence would live in this way: if he were paranoid enough?
Or was it just Robert Masters who was so rich that he never stayed in his own mansion?

So who is Robert Masters?

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I could be mistaken but I think his name was Robin and I always thought it was Higgins pretending to be the butler, but was actually the eccentric millionaire.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
The name was Robin Masters and I don't know.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Robin Masters was an author and I remember talk that actually he was Higgins but I'm not sure it was ever resolved in the show , I remember Magnum thought he was.
He wasn't Magnum as we know pretty much all about him but Higgins was more of a mystery

Magnum PI was a great show

edit on 23-8-2013 by gortex because: Edit to add

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

Private Investigator Thomas Sullivan Magnum resides in the guest house of a posh, 200-acre (0.81 km2) beachfront estate, known as Robin's Nest, in Hawaii, at the invitation of its owner, Robin Masters, the celebrated-but-never-seen author of several dozen lurid novels. Ostensibly this is quid pro quo for Magnum's services based upon Magnum's expertise in security; the pilot and several early episodes suggest Magnum also did Masters a favor of some kind, possibly when Masters hired him for a case. The voice of Robin Masters, heard only a few times per season, was provided by Orson Welles (one last "appearance" was provided by a different actor, Reid Crandell).

Orson Welles mostly it seems.
I barely remember the show it was so long ago.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Maybe he was BATMAN.....

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by werewolf99
Magnum was a TV series still played and in it is the invisible supposedly seen character Robert Masters a mysters writer. In the series there are times when it is suggested that Robert Masters may be Higgins, the house sitter/butler. But could it be the Magnum character ( who works as a private eye) who was Robert Masters? After all Magnum did work for military intelligence, so maybe a rich x-member of military intelligence would live in this way: if he were paranoid enough?
Or was it just Robert Masters who was so rich that he never stayed in his own mansion?

So who is Robert Masters?

OMG..lol what loving memories this brings up.. As a small boy, this was the first "grown up show" I could watch late at night with family.

I always bounce around on this. Higgins or Magnum?
Icepick? I actually suspected that too.

Actually, it was Higgins. Who else had such a supposed rich exciting life.

WHOA, after 30 years I have a new idea! what if the whole msgt Higgins thing is the false identity for RM?

Not RM is really Higgins the war hero? lol dear my, did I add to the madness?

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
Robin Masters was an author and I remember talk that actually he was Higgins but I'm not sure it was ever resolved in the show , I remember Magnum thought he was.
He wasn't Magnum as we know pretty much all about him but Higgins was more of a mystery

Magnum PI was a great show

edit on 23-8-2013 by gortex because: Edit to add

with Magnum narrating, it is clear that he had some literary ability

perhaps this was the hidden clue?

books are storytelling and narrating is storytelling.

plus that smirky smile? like he knows this big secret..

sorta like Shaun Spencer?
edit on 23-8-2013 by HanzHenry because: words

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by HanzHenry

Conspiracy in the show was that Magnum thought Higgins was Masters.
He thought that Higgins would hire an actor to be Masters every so often.
And through out the show higgins would refer to things as his.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
reply to post by HanzHenry

Conspiracy in the show was that Magnum thought Higgins was Masters.
He thought that Higgins would hire an actor to be Masters every so often.
And through out the show higgins would refer to things as his.

Higgins is most viable theory.

Was Msgt Higgins masquerading as an author

Or wad Robin Masters masquerading as a war hero?

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I DON'T KNOW!
TRY IMDB OR GOOGLE

(Seriously? Did you really need to use all caps?)
On topic, all I remember from that show was Hawaiian shirts and mustaches

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
No where does it actually tell you, therefore this is the point in the discussion. P.S. Titles which use all cape seem to get read more.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
It was left open, but it's true that Orson Welles was the voice of Robin Masters before, so we're to assume he is indeed a different person. Would be funny if it were Higgins, but I don't think so.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Robin Masters was actually Higgins. If you're a Magnum nerd, like me, you know that Higgins told Magnum that he was Robin in one of the last 2 episodes.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
But a bigger nerd realizes that Higgins recanted this at Rick's wedding...

Higgins is the majordomo for Robin Masters' beachfront estate on Oahu, which is commonly referred to as Robin's Nest. After Orson Welles (who voiced Robin Masters) died, the show's writers decided to have Thomas Magnum, a private investigator and Head of Security for Robin's Nest, began suspecting Higgins was Robin Masters. It later became a running gag in the series after Thomas told his friends Theodore "T.C." Calvin, and Orville "Rick" Wright about his idea. In the final episode of the series, Higgins tells Magnum that he really is Robin Masters. However, Higgins later recants at Rick's wedding

top topics

join