It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WW2 Veteran, 88, survived wounds in Okinawa to be killed by young thugs in Spokane

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
When is something going to be said or done about this. When. Everyday there is another 'young black kills white person' story. It is becoming an epidemic. In an era where the president spoke out about a man justifiably shooting someone because of race I am asking where the dialogue is now about this? Where?

Link to story of veteran

Police say two teens assaulted 88-year-old Delbert Belton outside the Eagles Lodge in North Spokane Wednesday night around 8pm. Belton was rushed to the hospital where he was placed in the intensive care unit but later died. Police are actively searching for two suspects. They are described to be 16-19 in age, black males & both wearing black clothing, one was wearing a black "Do-Rag" police say.

Family & friends of Delbert Belton tell KHQ's Dylan Wohlenhaus that Delbert was "full of life" at 88-years-old. They say Belton loved working on cars and helping out others. Belton also served overseas in the military in WWII.

Link

Time magazine recently published an article with alarming stoires of hate and facts. Truth...

The numbers don’t lie: young black men do commit about 50% of the murders in the U.S. We don’t yet know whether the attack on Lane was racially motivated, nor can we know whether the three black boys who attacked a white boy on a Florida school bus recently would not have done the same to a black kid. (Critics took Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson to task for not condemning the violence.) But hardly uncommon are cases such as the two black guys who doused a white 13-year-old with gasoline and lit him on fire, saying “You get what you deserve, white boy” (Kansas City, Mo.) or 20 black kids who beat up white Matthew Owens on his porch “for Trayvon” (Mobile, Ala.).

Young black men murder 14 times more than young white men. This is not an epidemic? There are questions over racial profiling?

Now, when there is a robbery attempt and a 37 year old white right wing CWP holder shoots a 16 year old black, the Jess/Al show will show up and start riots. Just like...Trayvon who? Yup, they have already moved on but they will be right back....

This story makes me sick. Mr Obama, do they look like your sons also?

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
This is absolutely horrifying. I am so sick of reading stories like this!

First, Chris Lane and now this.

You know the Government must be getting scared of the people. Seems to be a lot of racial antagonizing lately, leading to events like this.

I hate it.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Vile; disgusting.

These teens should be hung in public.

Imagine that was your relative, they sought out someone they figured couldn't put up a fight. Beyond cowardly, I don't see why they should be sent to prison and kept alive at our expense.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Holy crap balls. We all talk about George Orwell's "1984", a visionary book. Sadly I think it is about time we start talking about another great but frightening book called "A Clockwork Orange". Violence for the sheer fun of violence is not just an indicator of a sick individual, but a sick society as well.

How the F@#$k is it even possible to want to beat that old man up? Wish I could shoot the bastard kids myself, in front of all Society and most importantly in front of whatever sad excuse of a family these kids have. Something has to change folks, it's all whacked out.

Pardon me I have to go be sick to my stomach.

edit on 22-8-2013 by Mamatus because: Gwammer and speeeeling

Just had to add: I feel like an idiot when I don't pay attention to World and local news. Yet when I pay attention, I get angry, sick and depressed? back in the old days you have to turn on the News or pick up a paper. Those types of media back then could only put out so much stuff so fast. Now with the internet, smart phones and such it comes at a pace that requires a rather strong stomach to take.
edit on 22-8-2013 by Mamatus because: added content

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Being a veteran myself, other than crimes against children, I can't think of anything that pisses me off more than when I hear of these heinous acts directed at WW II veterans.

Every time I hear of one of these stories it makes my blood boil. They truly were "the greatest generation" this country has ever seen. These god damn punks today have zero respect for life or property. I hope when they catch these monsters they cut their balls off and make them eat them .

It's sad when these people make it through a conflict such as WW II only to have their lives taken from them at the hands of some disrespectful thugs.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
These are predators. Plain and simple.

A very wise man once said...

"We must develop and maintain the capacity to forgive. He who is devoid of the power to forgive is devoid of the power to love. There is some good in the worst of us and some evil in the best of us..."

but then again, that same man was killed for the color of his skin. This poor old veteran stood down and fought for the freedom for the parents of these children to live in this country. Watched his fellow man die to protect that right only to breathe his last breath alone...alone...When will the cycle be broken?
edit on 22-8-2013 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Damn story upset me so much it took 15 minutes to write my last post and the grammar still sucks. This story of all I have heard today, hurts the most. So damn wrong.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

Ditto... Sometimes, having the ability to visualize a story is not a positive trait.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Violence begets violence begets violence. All sides will use these attacks to their advantage.

Label me as you will but 25 years ago a word was thrown around a lot and that word was RAHOWA. That evil little word keeps drifting into my mind now over the last few days.

If this keeps up and/ or escalates it will get ugly fast. If the African American community does not step forward to denounce these attacks with (at a minimum) strong language, members of the white community WILL begin to take matters more seriously and it could become a situation that has only one outcome. That outcome will be bloody and prolonged. I pray, and I hope, and I urge, the leaders in all communities will realize that they NEED to be out and they NEED to be LEADING their peoples in peaceful demonstrations against these kinds of attacks. Sitting back and hoping for the best will not work.

If the usual "race pimps" are waiting for the revenge attacks to show their faces as I suspect, it will be too late. Once this ball is rolling, it will take time to get it stopped again.

BTW - this is not a black/white issue when it comes to being used for advantage. Black/white, left/right, demo/repub, everyone has a "dog" on this fight and everyone will be trying to use it to their benefit and the people at the bottom be damned.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I look at it as a moral decay and decline issue. What drives a person to hurt someone who can not fight back? Someone who was pleading the entire time it happened. Someone who wanted to celebrate the live he had brought back from the hell that was Okinawa in WW2. It was the bloodiest battle of the Pacific.
edit on 22-8-2013 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
its a victim crime.... Its the white man's fault for the violence...

Live with it, and in addition if you get mad about it be prepared to be called racist and a evil whitey..

Society in America, has reached a all time low......

No holds bar in moral decay....

its funnier then hell...

when I remember what I was taught...

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
This story validates the premise of this statement:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Damn I did not even get far enough through the story to realize the kids that did it were Black. I don't know what to say. Wait I do, but can't.

I truly hope this is such a level of heinous crime that their family, friends, neighbors or "home boys" will grab these sorry excuses for human waste and either off them and leave their headless bodies in the street for all to see or at the very least CALL THE POLICE!

Damn it. All I can see is right now is a heroic man being beaten by thugs and I am angry, damn angry. Gonna stay at home for a couple of days and make damn sure I don't have to look at any thugs. You know what they say about an ounce of prevention....

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

That's exactly what it was...

I doubt race had anything to do with it. A couple of predators saw helpless victim, and took advantage... I doubt it would have mattered to them whether he was black, white, hispanic, or any other ethnicity... All they saw was easy prey.

Sick bastards.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
What a horrible act, where is the outrage? Oh right it's tucked away in little corners on the WWW.

And you all know why.. I don't have to say it... we all know why this story won't be shoved down our throats by the media for weeks. Well, at least..... I know why.

God bless the old man, i hope he's in a WAYYYYYYY better place now.
edit on 22-8-2013 by elcapitano75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by matafuchs

this is absolute garbage.. I have always regarded WW1 and WW2 vets the real deal.. this is a shame.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Sending my regards to family and friends. Used to live near that neighborhood. Assuming OP might be from WA or nearby, but info for others. It's not considered a bad area, but has pockets of activity at rental complexes, such as close by to the Eagles that have incidents. If I can recall one was in the area, about six years ago, where an elderly man was killed by young men during a robbery. If one was wondering, I don't recall race of the perpetrators who murdered him in cold blood, but can tell you these incidents have happened in Spokane before, but they are not daily occurrences in that neighborhood.

My concern if it does turn out to be race based, please hope not, as there's enough that appears to be instigated by media, DHS, etc.-(www.abovetopsecret.com...) lately. I would suspect that will open up a lot more issues, from such as remaining-and as they do on other parts of the West Coast- WN and probably the Hell's Angels, and more. Someone mentioned battles zones comparatively? Well, insighting these groups to take defense could cause that, as assumed, not be something they want to happen, unless they want battlegrounds.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Have things really gotten worse or do we just focus on it more since Martin/Zimmerman?

I do believe that race has raised it's ugly head again since Obama...the most divisive president in our history.

Where is Kennedy when you need him...Where is Martin Luther King?...both killed by ....?

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

I have always maintained that there are good deaths and bad deaths-to me,being mauled to death by a lion is a good death,albeit surely painful.A bad death is to be strangled/raped+shot through the head etc by tsotsis and thugs like these wastes of oxygen who killed the elderly gentleman.

All of them together-don't amount to the nail of the little finger of the poor old man-who was a MAN.These cowardly wastes of oxygen can be classified as being of the male gender onlyy because they happen to have penises-what it means to be a MAN they will never know.
Such a pity I am not sole ruler of this world-these pieces of feces who prey on the vulnerable,the innocent and defenceless would be burned at th stake,on a global TV network created just for that purpose.
Or work on a chain gang from dawn to dusk every day doing backbreaking work-to atone for contaminating the planet with their presence.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Well i will definitely keep my out, this is where i live.
Thanks for the link, i would have missed it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join