It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just in...OK shooting of Chris Lane was a gang initiation!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by lurker007

I'm sure there's a better solution

I am all ears.
What solution do you suggest?

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

I honestly don't know, maybe something that doesn't feed into the violence. We have enough of that already.

I would be ok with your Operation Cockroach if you could be sure everyone exterminated were baddies but somehow I don't think that's possible.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by GoodOlDave

It seems there were 3 guys:

Christopher Lane, from Australia, was gunned down in Duncan, Oklahoma, while he was out jogging last week. Police say he was killed by three teens who said they had nothing better to do. Police have now charged the three teens in Lane's death.

Then some info on the (alleged until found guilty by a court of law) killers:

the suspect, 15-year-old James Edwards Jr.

and Chancey Luna, 16

Michael Jones, their alleged 17-year-old driver

What shocks me most, what outrages me, is that these were three 15 to 17-year-old kids who gunned down a man!!!
I will not go into the gun ownership discussion (this belongs to another debate), but how could kids get hold of a gun (by the way, was it 9mm, AK-47?), is totally beyond me...
They have shot a man down, with a gun! A man that had his whole life to live!
This is sickening.

The other thing that outrages me, is that they mention that they were bored. I have also looked at Duncan in street view.
And unlike some precedent posters, I quite like what I see. I do not know the status of this town, its unemployment rate, but it looks clean, lots of green, lots of space.
Gosh, what did these kids want??? I suggest taking them to Irkutsk or some other harsh part of the world where they'll have to work hard to live in a harsh environment!

What a sad event, I see 4 young lives totally wasted for no valid reason at all.
That's really sad...

Note: this is not a rant against US, similar # is happening in Europe and all over the world...

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   

As I said in the first thread on the topic.. "gangsta" culture. The media/entertainment industry has created a huge problem and its not changing, but rather being ignored.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   
They may be able to go after other gang members under RICO charges.

Other gangs around the US have been hit with RICO charges.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

As I said in the first thread on the topic.. "gangsta" culture. The media/entertainment industry has created a huge problem and its not changing, but rather being ignored.
j

There are some serious drug running gangs in the neighborhood, but you are right.
It shouldn't be cool to be a gangsta.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
There are a lot of idiots out there who harm people because they want to feel that they belong to a certain group or establish their "reputation" or because they are so drugged up they actually think it's cool. It's because of people like them that people naturally associate the"gangster" attitude with potential danger/threat, which is what probably happened to Trayvon Martin, who was more than likely harmless. I hate that gangster subculture was incorporated into pop culture.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Every kid growing up white or black is aware of the gang lifestyle....even grown ups due to the music today..I saw the hottest girls on a facebook page (white girls at a club) throwing up b's for blood...they were in no way affiliated with t a gang but it was the cool thing for them and a few ivy league boys to do...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join