It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Separating "chemtrails" from Geo-engineering

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Without beating around the bush, I fully believe that the whole chemtrail conspiracy is nuts. Understanding weather and aviation at it's most basic levels will fully agree with that statement. But...geo-engineering is something that needs to be addressed, looked at, and watched. Now, I am not saying anything IS going on right now, in fact, every aspect of it seems to be heavily monitored by watchdog groups. But as with anything, lighting a fuse, not knowing what is on the other end of said fuse is just a bad idea.

The subject is very interesting. The repercussions of a bad idea are something that should be watched and made sure not to happen. But with the chemtrail craziness being attached to it, most folks with common sense will just ignore the whole thing, which I see as a much larger issue in the long run.

If you are a chemtrail nutter, for the sake of humanity, please try to separate fantasy from reality. Thanks for your support.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

I'm concerned that the nutters will be used as a propaganda device if/when someone decides to launch large scale geo-engineering. This Earth is much smaller than than it looks from ground level. Fukushima will be illustrating this clearly in the coming years.
edit on 21-8-2013 by InverseLookingGlass because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Chances are if Geo-Engineering would be attempted, it would either require chemicals sprayed airborn, or from the ground, or something like HAARP.

You can't really separate both ideas just like that.

Not everyone who believes in the possibility of chemtrails believes in every single aspect pushed by extremists that firmly believe that we constantly sprayed on. It's like calling all agnostics atheists.
edit on 21-8-2013 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by InverseLookingGlass

That's kind of my point. If these folks keep lumping the fantasy with real geo-engineering, then at some point, the bad men will be able to just point to any of the chemtrail points and make the public laugh, kind of like the do with anything UFO related now. Since the media tells us only crazy people see UFO's, nobody with their public image in mind openly takes it seriously.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by theMediator

Maybe you haven't looked into the whole chemtrail thing, but it's believers are under the impression that it's happening now and has been for years because..........look up! Those lines!

Geo-engineering is all proposed ideas anywhere from pumping condensation from the ocean into the air to make clouds, to deploying billions of tiny mirrors into the stratosphere. The key here is PROPOSED. People need to stay vigilant and keep the ideas sane, and be sure they are actually needed in the first place. Knee jerk reactions to problems that might not even be problems can only lead to more problems. (IMHO)

It's like the hologram theory getting lumped in with people questioning any aspect of 9-11. Once that took hold, you couldn't ask a question without being labeled an anti-american lunatic.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by theMediator
Chances are if Geo-Engineering would be attempted, it would either require chemicals sprayed airborn, or from the ground,

Very possibly - but I bet that if it is done then they won't look anything like contrails.

or something like HAARP.

Nope - it won't - HAARP and it's imitators will have nothing to do with it.

You can't really separate both ideas just like that.

Yes you can - you can choose to separate fact and evidence fr5om fantasy - and IMO that is the point hat the OP is trying to make.

Geoengineering will have evidence, it will be a fact, it will be traceable and observable and it will have all eth infrastructure and participants that such a programme requires.

In the mean time "chemtrails" remain a myth and/or a hoax.

Not everyone who believes in the possibility of chemtrails believes in every single aspect pushed by extremists that firmly believe that we constantly sprayed on. It's like calling all agnostics atheists.

No it isn't - all chemtrail believers are extremists by definition since they believe that large numbers of human being s are deliberately perpetrating a crime of some sort, and that belief is based upon for which there is no evidence at all.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Geo-engineering needs a facelift now?
or is it a whitewash?
blue rinse?

ZOOOOOM!!!
what was that that just flew overhead!, is that accountability?

nice ad-hom dangled in at the end, btw

will draw a few trolls,"trolls", and mucho stars,flags,"...full of sound and fury
Signifying nothing."
and failing to Deny Ignorance

"this eco-terro*COUGH*weatherwar*COUGH**COUGH*Geo-engineering experimentations
are not the chemtrails you are seeking..."

you have much to "learn" young padwan...

S&F
[Scoff and Fail]

trailz got you down? the quality of your "work" has steadily declined over the past year or so.
you know what they say:
"better the devil you know...:

but pay no heed to my words, or critique of this thread, and not your person, as I Am quite "Insane"

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Many conspiracies seem nuts...

edit on 21-8-2013 by jarien21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMagus

will draw a few trolls,"trolls", and mucho stars,flags,"...full of sound and fury Signifying nothing." and failing to Deny Ignorance

Looks like it worked...

I have to ask why it is you feel the need to reply yet you contribute nothing to the discussion, why?

Unlike some stars and flags aren't what most members on ATS care about.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

Because people possessing knowledge and applying critical thinking is obviously something Magus finds deeply uncomfortable, as can be sern from the venom in all his posts. It makes me wonder if he is on the gravy train himself.

There are sound and provable reasons how and why contrails occur and persist, you can demonstrate it yourself with a can of pop or by throwing a pan of hot water into the air on a freezing cold day. The FACT that Chemtrail theory is stupid says nothing about geoengineering at all, but some people don't want you to know that. Why?

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMagus

Wow, post drunk often?

Any opinion, or just ramblings of an idiot?

top topics

join