It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NSA uses "Copyright Infringement" to silence criticism/free speech

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   

There are so many things in this world to rail against. Google Analytics is likely the last you should worry about, right before going on that a against kittens.

But if it bothers you that much, since I see you running firefox....install NoScript and quit worrying. You will see the degradation in your web experience if you block Google Analytics.

problem solved.thanks.

edit on 22-8-2013 by mideast because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   
This image made me chuckle when I first saw it . ..

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
So much info and so many google internal links to highlight the topic at hand. but.....!

We do not come in peace

edit on 22-8-2013 by Manipulativebehavior because: We are www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

This is quite fascinating on several levels, notwithstanding the moral and ethical questions of broad policy agendas and the aggressive damage controls that support it.

The only other government I know of in my study that mirrors the US would be that of Israel. The IDF for example employs a number of well paid attorneys in the west to act as legal henchmen against any news organization or politician who would bring public notice of Israeli policy and practices (foreign and domestic). I understand that these 'public-relations' groups (attorneys) have various resources at their disposal, including private investigators who can look into the private affairs of individuals. A phone call threatening litigation on a number of legal grounds related to anti-discrimination laws or even slander could and has changed the way western news agencies cover the occupied territories.

I also find numerous correlations between US and Israeli policy on anti-terrorism, such as the 'preemptive' policy.

Half way into the Iraq war, Seymour Hersh wrote extensively about how the US cultivates extremist groups in the Middle East as a means to an end. In fact, much of US foreign and domestic policy has been based on what the Israeli government has been doing since post WWII.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
Just another example of selective enforcement by the government.

Many laws exist for the sole purpose of "just in case" We want to, how they got Al Capone when they couldn't get him for what they wanted.

Despicable that its expanded to effect free speech just because they don't like a t-shirt, think it would be covered by Parody...

Let's not forget that all laws are written by attorneys who make their living interpreting them.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   
The EFF seems to get away with it - but then again they have a bunch of lawyers working for them... Here's their NSA logo parodies.

www.eff.org...

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Great thread springer!

I wonder if I will be cited for copyright infringement for my avatar.

edit on 29-8-2013 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join