It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is anyone in Britain still voting Labour, if so why?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
"where the most extreme manifestation of which are the millions who can work but as a life style choice choose not to work, which has contributed towards literally millions of immigrants arriving over the the past decade or so,"

Do you have a source for that which isn't The Daily Mail?

The media are feeding us this image that everything that is wrong with the country is OMG IMMIGRANTS AND WELFARE SCROUNGERS! And it's all a lie. Creating a scapegoat.

The amount the country spends on welfare for the unemployed is tiny, if you really want to look at the problem there you have to look at pensions. And immigrants? There are solid figures that show by far and away the vast majority of immigrants are working and paying taxes, and absolutely contributing to the financial health of the country in a massively positive way. And there aren't 'millions' of them.

www.ons.gov.uk...

And it's all to distract us from the real problem, which is the super-rich who destroyed the economy and then got the government to bail them out with taxpayers money.

Don't buy into it. What's wrong with this country isn't immigrants and the poor and vulnerable, it's the people at the top of the food chain who have got us all distracted blaming each other and not the true guilty culprits in this whole sorry mess.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
2 party politics, the biggest illusion of democracy.

It doesn't matter who is in power, all policy and political decisions are made with the City in mind. You may vote in different parties to run the country, but the top civil servants remain the same. Permanent secrataries remain in post despite whichever party's turn it is to have a go at running the country.

It's amazing that they have managed to blame the whole defecit problem, which was caused by the banks, on benefit recipients. As Gortex has mentioned the majority of the welfare bill is spent on pensions. However, the worse part of all this is that many people buy what they are being told about the welfare bill being to blame.

It's worrying to see so many logical free thinking people buy the utter bull being spouted by the Tories. Labour won't change things, they have already said that if they are elected into power at the next election, they will stick with this administration's budget policy. This just confirms that they are two sides of the same coin, maybe Labour would make things a little more wooly as to create the illusion they care, but the City would still be dictating policy.

The way I see things politically in this country is that the Tories and Labour will continue to hold the power with a slight shift to more right wing parties such as BNP & UKIP.

By the way is it just me or does Milliband remind you of a young Ken Dodd?

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
The horrible irony of a majority of the votes - the families are voting for their best interests and the interests of their children, what they all too painfully ignore is the fact that they are actually making their children's lives worse by the time they are adults with children.

"I wouldn't need this help if there were jobs, so i vote labour for the benefits i need" - If you voted for a party that promoted business to employ people, you'd have a job and your money would go further thanks to a strong economy.

Its thinly veiled greed.

"Im doing for my kids!" no! you are lazy and want hand outs which your children will end up paying for one way or the other, but thats okay because you will be old fat and retired and they can care for you. You greedy blind ignorant blobs.

We are in a perpetual state of patching leaks when we should drain the system and to it properly like we used to. The education system is also HORRIBLY bad at informing the hordes of 16 year old voters, how to use their vote sensibly and to that end, what it REALLY means. I know when i was turfed out of school at 16, i knew very little about politics and my vote.

Its okay, i can say all this because im English, Vote and have a job.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
As far as "evil socilist" policys causeing the debt problems.....

Well if you look at Northen Europe Countrys that have a even bigger welfare system and better public services you will find they dont have particulay bad debt problems........

What cause our debt was the bailing out of the banks. I think we have handed out a £1 Trillion + in bailout money

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by crazyewok
As far as "evil socilist" policys causeing the debt problems.....

Well if you look at Northen Europe Countrys that have a even bigger welfare system and better public services you will find they dont have particulay bad debt problems........

What cause our debt was the bailing out of the banks. I think we have handed out a £1 Trillion + in bailout money

I remember when the banks first started hitting problems and the then opposition leader argued that Labour's policies of pumping billions and billions into the banking system was bad for the country. However, what he didn't advise us of is what he would have done in the circumstances. He was asked several times daily for months and months and yet not once did he come up with an alternative solution. Yet we as a collective conspired to vote him into power. You couldn't make it up!!

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
indeed it is the banks who hold the power. Whichever political party is in power is simply bought.
When Tony Blair was first voted in I remember spontaneous street parties with students doing the conga down the road singing "we all voted Labour". That would never happen know as they have proved they are just like the Tories.
The Iraq war, bailing out the banks, how could labour do that? Remember Gordon Browns new world order speech. What! He sounded like George Bush.

Caroline Lucas made a stand yesterday for what she believed in. She is the only UK politician who actually represents her beliefs, the others are merely in it for a career, to feather their nests and be lobbied by the banks.
Democracy is dead.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Painterz

Not in my experience.

May be its because my line of work puts me at the very forefront of negative Human behaviour, but in Greater London, the vast majority of work I undertake is to do with immigrants. The vast majority of organised crime is committed by immigrant gangs. Every social housing I go in to is taken up by immigrants and the vast majority do not work, many have the weakest grasp of the English language that they wouldn't be able to take up jobs if they tried. Data on the ONS can say what it likes, experience counts for way more than modified stats and from talking to colleagues in variety of fields, the same counts for every major city in this country.

I am not totally against immigration is a controlled manner, but when we have such high unemployment, immigration at its current rate has no reason to it. What we should be doing is making those unemployed either trained or placed in to those jobs where there are shortages. Our own kids and this isn't a colour thing, because both immigrant and indigenous can be of any colour, but what we should be doing is giving our own a reason to get out of bed in the morning. This is without taking in to consideration council waiting lists in to years and the struggling public services.

Yes the system is a mess, yes it is used to divide us, but the uncontrolled immigration as at present is unsustainable and is a simple tool to devalue purchasing power and divide a population. I don't see how anyone can be for it, unless you are for the destruction of this country. No positive can come from this, regardless of policy origin.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Never voted Labour in my life... I used to vote Tory but I find that now there isn't really any difference between Labour, Tory & Lib Dem, they all say they're going to do things/not do things then do the complete opposite

Anyways, I vote for UKIP now, purely because of their stance on the EU

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Plus does anyone really want the country run by milliped?

I mean a Jellyfish seems to have a bigger back bone than him. If you think we are the USA and EU poodles now then when hes in power we will be a skinny white guy in a supermax prison showerroom with the USA and EU being big bubba and thier foreign policys the soap on the floor.....
edit on 20-8-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

By the way is it just me or does Milliband remind you of a young Ken Dodd?

He reminds me of .....

Cracking cheese Gromit

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SecretFace

Hi there.

I'll be voting for who ever tells the best lies.

Although, id rather vote Labour than Conservative.

Also, id rather see what partys has a representative running in my area.

We all think the lesser of evils is what we should vote for, but in this country... They all undo the previous goverments policys, claw at any and all misgivings in an attempt to justify new policys which will be implemented when the next goverments in place etc (promise of more jobs, health care spending yadda yadda yaaa) which has been the focus of Labour & Conservative partys yet, still not really addressed,
Which I'm hoping WILL be addressed if there is another televised debate for the next general election.

There has been talk about Conservatives all ready drumming up a plan about being in a coalition with the Lib-Dems again.

I remmember the last election, thinking the coalition will last a year. But it seems to have lasted the full term with no real major fights.

Id vote Green or Ukip, but think its likely a coalition will happen again. Unless there is a major swing. Maybe UKIP will gaim more support. Its kinda hard to guess.

eee.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Is anyone in Britain still voting at all?

If so, ever heard of the European Union?

Save your energy.

Bah, politics.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Mortgage interest SMI has been paid since the introduction of Income Support benefit in 1988. Income Support at that point also assisted the unemployed, the sick and pensioners ... although each group now has it's own benefit.

So you can't blame Labour for SMI. Blame Thatcher. She was the Prime Minister in 1988, after all.

As to the OP's rambling tome about interest rates, many people on benefit arent lucky enough to have borrowed from a mainstream lender. Instead they borrowed from the type of lender you find in the back pages of the tabloids. Those lenders charge more because their customers are higher risk of losing their jobs, of missing payments. The interest rate the government uses for their calculations is therefore an average rate for the top twenty mortgage lenders.

Some people gain, others lose. But you really can't blame Labour when the Conservatives introduced the original scheme in the first place. And anyway ... why shouldn't home owners get help when tenants do ?

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   

I think the fact that under Labour we had lower government spending and lower taxes has a lot to do with it.

The Tories giving out 120,000 pound interest-free loans to the rich is typical of what is going wrong with our society. This "help to buy" scheme means that the rich get more in "benefits" than, for example, the unemployed.

A lot of the Conservatives' policies seem to be aimed at increasing the cost of living and therefore reducing the chances of the economy recovering. No wonder people are thinking of voting Labour. At least Labour wasted money on the poor, so however misguided you could at least believe that their intentions were good.

UKIP voting will probably have the same effect as voting Labour, since it will mainly reduce the Conservatives' chances.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   

it does not matter which party is elected due to the fact that all major partys answer to the elite banksters. whoever gets in power pursues the demands of the elitist masters. different parties pursue different (sometimes) objectives. the agenda is always the same. bankrupt the society/nation, bankrupt them morally also. weaken them to the point where they will do the elitests bidding.
its all specifically designed for that in order to bring about global control. if an MP does not do this they wake up dead for breakfast. an odd 1 or 2 may be kept around for apparent balance but the agenda is never lost sight of.
it will get far worse before it gets any better.
that is if it gets better;
with fuk u shima on the boil and poisoning the planet there is very little hope for mankind unless there is divine? intervention.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I voted Labour for 25 years and ended up being betrayed by Blair. I voted Liberal Democrat only to see them form a coalition with the Tories - which is NOT what I voted for.

I'll have just turned 60 when the next election comes round. There's unlikely to be a candidate on the ballot paper I could bring myself to vote for. I can remember being young and idealistic and believing that radical change would make this country a better place to live. This lot - all of them - have turned me into a miserable old git.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Lets think what made great Britain...a small country left to it's own devices by the roman empire....Leaving the tradition of conquering others without regard or concern for their fellow man...Raping and pillaging foreign lands...supplying Salves to the Americas...sending prisoners to Australia...colonizing the world through force....Creating a banking system of control...forcing other nations to be greatly indebt to the roaming thieving empire that it stills tries to maintain without the resources of the past.

Yup this mighty England that every Englishman is so damn proud of....Because We're ENGLISH.....

The Conservatives who keep on promoting this take , take , take mentality but knowing they are so weak to take from other nations now takes dearly from it's own people so it can fill it's own greedy pockets which the poor have nothing left to give....they have trained the populace to hate their broken fellow man...they have taught us to look down on the less fortunate....to call then names and to demonize those who are struggling to stay alive.

The Labour party try to rest on their own morals of which they themselves have none, as all of them come from the same ole boys club where they have learned to trodden upon the masses and steal from the pockets of the poor to keep the rich in the lifestyle they have been accustomed. Knowing the pot is getting less and less they have to scramble to yet steal more from the poor by making them all out to be lazy useless non contributors to society.

Anyone who looks at one party as better than the next is blind to the fact the politicians are mainly made up of people trained at Eaton and Cambridge and Oxford to hold their noses in the air while they shove the S(*& off the streets in to the gutter from whence they came......this is their motto and they follow it to a tee...Now an educated voter might know this...but all parties manipulate the education system to keep it broken in order to keep the masses at just right level of ignorance so they haven't a say because they have not learned the EDUCATED ways of double speak.....Telling people they need to be led in order for them to succeed.

The Great English Empire is now a farce...but people will still believe England is for the good....yet they forget about people like the Rothschilds the banking greedy Empire which is Britain. the only thing that is still holding any sway with England is the banks.....the banks rule.

“The bank hath benefit of interest on all moneys which it creates out of nothing.” William Paterson, founder of the Bank of England in 1694, then a privately owned bank

Let me issue and control a nation’s money and I care not who writes the laws.” Mayer Amschel Rothschild (1744-1812), founder of the House of Rothschild.

“The few who understand the system will either be so interested in its profits or be so dependent upon its favours that there will be no opposition from that class, while on the other hand, the great body of people, mentally incapable of comprehending the tremendous advantage that capital derives from the system, will bear its burdens without complaint, and perhaps without even suspecting that the system is inimical to their interests.” The Rothschild brothers of London writing to associates in New York, 1863.

“I am afraid the ordinary citizen will not like to be told that the banks can and do create money. And they who control the credit of the nation direct the policy of Governments and hold in the hollow of their hand the destiny of the people.” Reginald McKenna, as Chairman of the Midland Bank, addressing stockholders in 1924.

“Money is a new form of slavery, and distinguishable from the old simply by the fact that it is impersonal – that there is no human relation between master and slave.” Leo Tolstoy, Russian writer.

“It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and money system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.” Henry Ford, founder of the Ford Motor Company.

As one can see...not a single thing is about politics....It is all about greed.

Yup keep on voting the sick rich into politics and all you will get is more of the same...The governments have not controlled nations for a very long time....So trying to pit one party against another as being more morally correct than another is pure insanity....As long as people care not of a politicians background the more we will keep continuing along the same paths.

Stop looking to the Controllers for help....LOOK to each other.....the reason so many governments break up communes is because they never want a system that works for everyone to ever work....they only want to use their slaves to fill their own pockets and make their miserable selfish greedy lives seem like it has purpose.

edit on 013131p://f33Wednesday by plube because: (no reason given)

edit on 013131p://f37Wednesday by plube because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Hmmn ... And didn't that ordinary 'man of the people' use his position to make himself

VERY RICH!

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

I hate when 'pensions' are referred to as a benefit

As most people who are on pensions have paid into the system all of their

working lives

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Is anybody still voting in Britain, and if so why?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join