It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New information on Alzheimer's

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

You got that right, commercial food has got the best chance of being deficient in micro minerals. Some plants usually get microminerals supplemented, especially brocolli. Because of the oxalates and phytates in broccoli, the microminerals have little use unless the plants are cooked. Eldente would make more available, but it takes a while of boiling to break down the isothiocyanate that blocks iodine. Like anything, minerals work together.

I can't say that all commercial farmers are greedy though, many take good care of their crops and fields and sell their products to the wholesalers. Some will not grow crops that they know will hurt their fellow citizens. The big corporations usually try to boost output though on their farms. Many small farmers cannot afford to get their fields up to organic standards but still grow natural foods that are sold mixed into commercial products. I have been studying this for a while, trying to figure how to identify these good products mixed in at the store. No luck yet.

When Molybdenum meets up with metals in the body, they combine and excesses are excreted through the kidneys. I would say that animal urine would contain a lot of it, as long as it is in their food. In the shell of whole grains is where the molybdenum is, it is not in the white flour so much. The problem is it is often bound in these to the fibers and phytates and phytic acids, making it not available. Cooking these whole grains for about ten minutes makes them available, also letting the natural enzymes of the grains predigest the phytates helps. Malted whole grain barley would contain this, they malt barley to give to cows to help with their digestion.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Molybdenum helps to make cartilage, one of the things with beef cartilage is that it can stop the blood cell growth in tumors sort of like a strawberry does. Look at a strawberry, it is full of seeds on the outside, these seeds contain molybdenum. The high molybdenum cinabar ore with the mercury removed or bound is used on fields for strawberries to make them grow better. The remaining mercury in this is said to be unavailable to the plants. Molybdenum helps to stop blood growth in tumors, but too much will also tend to stop blood cell growth in muscles and in the brown fat which processes fats. I am experimenting with this on myself to see how to regulate things so everything works right.

Soup made with soup bones is good for you. Molybdenum also makes fluoride work better making tooth enamel, it would be better to get the fluoride out of the water and boost the molybdenum in the diet. Molybdenum also helps us produce cartiledge, and even strong bones, that is far better than adding fluoride which has negative effects.

If you want a strong heart and veins, eat more elastins, heart and fat cells are high in these, we cannot produce the elastin binding protein ourselves, but certain bacteria in the gut may have that ability. That is if we don't have antigens that make our bodies attack these bacteria or the bacteria we have in the gut don't kill these off. Eating onions with meat means strong joints but it means a possible brittle heart, lungs, and veins and these can't work right. It also hampers the bloodvessel growth in the guts. Don't eat onions with meat all the time. If you are type A blood, you probably have antigens to beef protein, this means the blood can stick together and form little clots, the sulfur in onions and garlic helps to keep this from happening, also a baby aspirin will work. Or poplar leaf tea.

There are hundreds of ways to do this stuff, but an adequate supply of molybdenum and all minerals in balance is critical to good health. Magnesium deficiency happens when you get older for some reason, it gives you a big gut. Molybdenum also needs magnesium to work properly. All of these things have to be balanced, we should crave the right foods but often the cravings are side tracked by food additives that attract us. Free glutamates are a bad one, so is carrageenan which is metabolized into free glutamates. I think that there is some major problems in the diets around the world. I guess that is why we only live usually to less than ninety five years old. With the advanced genetics we have, we should outlive most animals three fold. We should live to at least three hundred years old. We are being conditioned to eat foods that cause problems, said to be good for us. foods and spices that cause metabolic issues.
edit on 21-8-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
reply to post by rickymouse

See that's the ting...how many of the foods that have it...would have it if the soil is depleted...and can't we assume most commercially grown veggies come from depleted soils??

www.healthylivinganswers.com...
www.online-family-doctor.com...

like ricky has mentioned so well, yes most, if not all, commercial farms have been seriously mineral depleted for at least 50-100 years now. also they are microbe deficient as well which is a huge part of this puzzle we call nutrition.

some good info can be found at this site for anyone interested.
www.soils.wisc.edu...

s Chemical Farming Making Our Food Less Nutritious? An open letter by Cheryl Long (1999), the Senior Editor of Organic Gardening (Rodale Press), addressed to USDA Secretary Dan Glickman asked this very question. According to two studies mentioned in the letter, the vitamin and mineral content of American and British food appear to be declining. One study, titled “Nutrition Under Siege” (Jack, 1998), examined data published by the USDA ARS Nutrient Data Laboratory and concluded that a comparison of the data “show(s) a sharp decline in minerals, vitamins and other nutrients in many foods since the last comprehensive survey published over twenty years ago”, which was attributed to “a steady deterioration in soil, air, and water quality”.

seems like some up to date testing is required as well as expanded testing to include major and minor minerals and nutrient capacity.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
It is easy to identify some of these problems with our foods because of the extensive research articles on the net. Fixing the problem is another thing. A person can take supplements but there is also evidence that doing so makes you dependent on the supplements, you lose your ability to take it from foods. I hate taking pills, even the mineral pill, but to start eating enough food to get what I need, I would gain weight since I am not that active anymore. I have a desire to find out what can be done about all the sickness I see around and all the people on medications, young people who could slightly modify their diet and not have to take medications. This means I spend a lot of time researching and little time doing physical labor anymore.

It doesn't pay to complain, once the problem is discovered, research is needed to find how to fix the problem. Most of the antimicrobials on food can be removed by putting them in some water with a few drops of hydrogen peroxide in it. Then rinse it well. You can't boil lettuce but this does work. The problem is the lettuce starts to oxidise quickly after that. Rinsing what you need is the way to go. The problem one which is pertinent to the thread is copper sulfate, which is an antifungal agent. Ocasionally consuming it isn't going to hurt but if it is on a lot of the produce you eat, then it can cause problems.
edit on 22-8-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse
I think genes, diets, lifestyles and environment is the main cause of all our physical problems. The human body has an immune system, but people do not give it a chance work, relying on doctors for every cure which in fact is having a reverse effect on the body in the long run. I think!

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by philosopher12

Genes do play a part in alzheimers, but if you consume the right foods and certain chemistry the disease may never become active. Our diet has changed considerably over the last couple of generations.

When they say it is related to genetics, it means that if you consume food that is not right for you specifically or do not eat something you are supposed to eat than the disease gets triggered and is expressed. This is very complicated and it has a lot to do with how your ancestors ate. Certain recipes need to be followed, genetic specific. Now if your parents weren't healthy, than you should look at what may have been wrong in their diet. Do not by any means follow what modern society is saying is healthy. Consider it and test how it effects you. What they are pushing is things that settle you, if you are antsy then by all means eat these foods. Too many foods that calm you. goitinogens, are not good for you and also eating too many phytates and phytic acid foods are also a problem because they can strip the minerals out of you if over consumed. Raw veggies are good for some people, depending on genetics and companion food chemistry, but they are not for everyone. A pure meat diet void of greens is not good either for most people, it will make you set in your way and obsessive compulsive with competition. Veggies mellow this obsession if used moderately. I have no proof but notice how people eat and know how they are. It could be a which came first, the chicken or the egg scenario though, it is almost imposible for me to know which way it goes. Genetics and diet are related, changing the way we eat can change gene expression and alter brain chemistry.

Now I got carried away again.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I use molybdenum for people with a lot of allergy and environmental sensitivities. The people that hate going into department stores because of the perfume smells desperately need molybdenum.

That said, I think Alzheimer's does have a heavy metal component, but I think there are other factors going on. First and foremost, blood sugar dysregulation. Nearly all people with dementia and dementia classification symptoms have some degree of insulin resistance. You have to clean up the diet, significantly reduce the intake of allergenic foods, do some form of exercise, do selective supplementation ( I have one supplement that I use with my patients that normalizes blood sugar levels within a week), and eliminate artificial sweeteners. Then you will be getting somewhere! This is one area where an ounce of prevention is worth 10 pounds of cure. Coconut oil is another wonderful thing to supplement with, and you can see a reduction of symptoms in as little as a few weeks after initiating coconut oil supplementation.

Another Alzheimers issue to look into is prion infection. There are some researchers in the upper Midwest ( MN/WI area) that wholeheartedly believe that a significant percentage of people being diagnosed with Alzheimers are actually infected with Mad Cow/Mad Deer prion type infections. There is some truly frightening autopsy and similar data which backs this up but it is totally being censored by the powers that be. I will not eat wild caught meat for this very reason. If you want some confirmation that all is not good with the meat supply, look into how the mad cow test is administered. It is only allowed to be performed by the FDA. Only in FDA facilities, and only at specific ratios (something like 1 in 200 animals at most are tested, and the testing has to be random, not picking out animals that show signs of neurological deficit. Farmers and labs are not allowed to purchase or run their own tests despite them being readily available overseas. I worked in one lab that wanted to test their (supplement) raw materials but the FDA would not allow them to.
edit on 22-9-2013 by rimjaja because: added info

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by rimjaja

This is interesting. I actually use molybdenum for my breathing. It does work while not one of the inhalers that the doctors gave me over the years work. My grand daughters and one grandson have the same problems. It is more to do with sulfite detoxing than anything. I try to tell them that a small multimineral containing molybdenum or even a multivitamin with in it will help this but they believe the doctors instead and use the inhaler...which does not work most times. They don't understand what an inhaler is supposed to do for those who have a problem. It helps a little to relieve the feeling but does nothing for oxygen. Schools should not let kids wear purfume in school.

You can avoid all sulfur foods but that doesn't work well, sulfur foods are very good for cleaning up the blood. I now make sure I eat foods containing molybdenum plus I take a multimineral with a little over a hundred percent RDA in it of the mineral. I have been breathing a lot better since I have done that. I also notice a need for more magnesium than I get in food. The amount in the pill isn't quite enough so I either add a small pinch of epsom salts on top of the coffee in the pot before brewing it or take a magnesium supplement occasionally.

What type of research do you do anyway?

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Hey, came upon a test called the "Sage test" they could be using to see if you have alzheimers. I guess they got it covered. They said to write down the names of twelve different animals. Well we have five cats....folie, wiffi, five, kashi, shody, and the little buck and the little doe. My daughters dog is lilly. Some of the dogs in my life were Chubby, Duke, and Alex.

I got them all wrong I guess, I think they wanted names like horse, dog, cat, mouse, etc...

medicalcenter.osu.edu...

Good luck at remembering to write "I am done" at the end. Especially when you're thinking of funny comments for posting this on ATS while your taking the test
edit on 13-1-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Yea, I didn't bother to print it out, I just did it all in mind. Very easy.

The problem with this kind of test, is that it doesn't account for innate differences in an individuals baseline IQ.

If someone had, say an 80 IQ, and was every so slightly faltering, they could very well fail this test.

Does that mean they have alzheimer's, or merely that they're not in their prime, and started off quite a bit below average?

Conversely, the cognitive reserves of someone with superior IQ may afford them the ability to decline gracefully, and simply appear to have an average intellect as the decades wear down their mental faculties.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join