It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New information on Alzheimer's

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
It appears that copper may be a culprit in the formation of Alzheimer's. If this is true, it gives another reason for supplementation or increasing consumption of foods containing molybdenum. Molybdenum regulates other metals in the body and is used directly by four enzymes and the blood cells in the body. It is also considered necessary for about 200 other enzymes, but not directly. This is promising research.

Here is the article: www.sciencedaily.com...

Too much copper is also a contributor to depression. You can counteract the excess copper that breaks down the neurochemicals by adding glutamates to the diet, but this is a treatment and not a cure. Most of the antidepressants and antipsychotics try to regulate the glutamate levels. Even turmeric can help with this. Drinking a few beers boosts the glutamate level while the molybdenum from the hops helps to get rid of the symptoms, but that does not address the problem

We get a lot of copper in our diets, some of the antimicrobials used to keep food fresh utilize copper oxide. There is copper in the pipes of houses. There is copper in the foods and waters of places where copper mining was and is done. Some plants take up more copper than others, it is hard to get away from this.

The best way to combat this is to eat cream of wheat or anything containing germ. Molybdenum can get depleted in soils but some veggies have added molybdenum added to boost growth, especially stuff with a head or things that produce seeds. I supplement to help me with allergies, I have a problem with sulfites not returning to sulfates so it effects oxygen uptake and dispersal. People have to research this on their own, and testing which method is best for you has to be on it's own. Molybdenum also takes out the aluminum but can effect other metals also. I only take a multimineral tablet most times and it helps. It isn't a big one. One thing that is important, the selenium has to also be supplemented and an occasional magnesium tablet is needed, only sixty six percent RDA.

I don't know how coffee fits into all of this, coffee helps the gene from expressing somehow. I just know that the coffee needs caffeine and sodas don't work as far as testing shows. I think that they will try to make something expensive to treat this disease, a multimineral does not need a doctor to get a prescription for. My use has nothing to do with alzheimers, I use it to help my blood carry oxygen better, I would have never suspected copper would have anything to do with alzheimers.

Since we cannot fix the food, we can possibly keep it from hurting us.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

They already make tons of expensive drugs to combat this disease...

Drug companies are in the money making business not the "curing heath problems" business... that would be counter productive.

Interesting article though... considering pretty much all water pipes are copper, if this is the problem plumbers across the globe will be celebrating

S&F

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I'd much rather have copper pipes than plastic pipes. It is easier to eat food high in molybdenum than to start fearing your water pipes. Commercial processing of food removes this mineral and sometimes it is bound to the food and is unabsorbed. Too much is no good either.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   

I wonder if Tin is ok... I'd hate to have to scrap my cans for bottles...

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

I wonder if Tin is ok... I'd hate to have to scrap my cans for bottles...

Actually, we need a little copper in our bodies, it is when the level gets too high that we have problems. You talk about tin, we need that also, we used to get it from the cans but now the cans are all coated with a resin or plastic instead. Many people are tin deficient today.

When the soils get burnt is when we get problems, they push the land to get every penny they can out of it. This is a problem, then we toss out a minimum of thirty percent of the food we produce, consumerism has made waste. The secret to some of the better fertilizers is molybdenum, it is in miracle grow. It helps your plants grow better and boosts their levels of this. I researched some of these more expensive fertilizers a while back to see what they contained, some seem good. I cannot vouch for the quality of any particular product, just that they do use some things that are necessary for us and the plants. A little boron added to soil also helps the garden, adding the big three makes the plants use up all the boron. Liming the soil helps to allow these bound nutrients to be freed some times, but liming to much is not good, you get a few good crops then the soil is depleted. Leaves help to restore the clays in the soils, they are high in nutrients.

Studying human health means you need to study the health of all the food we eat and try to figure out what is good for the plants and animals we eat. Something healthy does not necessary mean it is big, a small potato has more nutrients per ounce than a large potato if the potato is grown in good soils. The small potato seems to have more density to it also if grown on good soils. Same thing applies to any food. Big does not always mean healthy, especially when seeds are involved. The healthier the seeds reserves the less size it needs. A wild raspberry is smaller as is a wild blueberry, but their contents are much more concentrated.

A small egg has enough nutrition to hatch a chick, increasing the size of the egg means nothing. A healthy egg no matter what the size produces a chick. People think that bigger is healthier, they are deceived. It can be better but not necessarily. How does it relate to us, we are what we eat....If we eat food that is natural and healthy than we will be healthy. Processing of food causes a loss of molybdenum, it has an affinity to iron and also to oils. remove some oils and the molybdenum goes with it. Mix it with metal blades and it sticks to the blades.

I know a lot about this mineral, we do not need a lot of it, we just need an adequate amount of it that is bioavailable. It gets bound to phytic acid and also to fiber and can't be absorbed. There is a lot wrong with our food, they are using a system to judge nutrient content that excludes many things and they are ignoring that lots of these nutrients are bound. Some people have enzymes to get them off of food while others lack the enzymes in the body. They kill the enzymes with heat, but some of these can be reinstated using certain cooking practices that I am studying. Seems like the disulfide bond is destroyed by heat, why can't we reestablish it with cooking by adding a little onion or garlic to the food. Remember that onions and garlic are seeds, they contain molybdenum if they are seeds.
edit on 20-8-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   

you bring up a good point on our current state of nutrition and farming practices. GMO's are king when it comes to terrible farming practices, year after year after year planting in the same fields that have been depleted of trace minerals for 50 years now is giving us food that frankly, aint worth a sheet.

they pump the fields with chemical salts and undesirable heavy metals, pesticides and the like and then wonder why the food being grown in their "sterilized fields" is no longer nutritious and actually harmful to the human body.

they destroy all the micro organisms in our soil and cry when the food they grow tastes like and feels like crap.

everything in balance n moderation, but i'm afraid our planet is so far out of both, we may never return.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

I totally agree, it seems that making great profits with the least amount of work is causing this mess. In the old days, you could give the field more nutrients from breaking up certain rocks. No fertilizer needed. The consumer based society hid the truth from us on how to tend our fields, cut all the trees and then you do not have the leaves for the fields. The bugs and birds add nutrients to the foods. The birds, frogs, bats, spiders, wasps, dragonflies, and hornets keep the population of the bugs that harm our fields from getting large but the insecticides kill these critters. Then we need more insecticides. We have lived and farmed on this planet for a long time without chemicals. If you feed the plants good nutrition they automatically can fight off pests, strengthen the plants immune system naturally and they can fend for themselves.

We also have chosen the most drought intollerant foods and their roots do not develop right when it gets dry. These plants produce larger crops but the chemical that develops roots is needed by our bodies. If I remember right it helps our immune system. We did not know of these things before, but we do now, lets call it a learning experience instead of a long term mistake and fix the problem. We cannot ignore this, the only jobs available shortly will be in the medical industry, the whole country will be either sick or working in healthcare. That seems like hell to me.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

organic farming is the future, because it's the past as well. when we begin to utilize what have always, we can grow nutritious healthy food that complements our bodies and our environment.

believe it or not, organic farming is less work and cost verses chemical farming, but you wont see that in any of today's brochures.

the microbes in our environment run this planet, not us and as such can save us again, if we listen and act accordingly.

from composting to vermiculture to aerated compost tea's i've used them all successfully and the hardest thing i have to do now, is stay away from my garden and orchard because it needs nothing.

i made a 20 gallon vortex aerated compost tea unit, i can brew up a batch of microbes in 24-36 hours and apply that either through a sprayer on the foliage (natural fungicide) or to the soil to increase beneficial microbes in the soil which does two things, increases microbes, feeds and takes up resources and potential sites where detrimental organisms may have lived. win win my friend.

edit on 20-8-2013 by LittleBlackEagle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

I just bought twenty pounds of green and yellow beans from a friend. Got seven big cukes and three squash too. Twenty bucks....the only fertilizer is cow manure from a guy who has cows locally and the cows are fed mostly stuff grown on the farm with little chemicals. No insecticides either, they may not be certified organic but they are still pretty organic.. Fresh picked homegrown veggies are the best. I have been downstairs since one o'clock blanching the beans to freeze them. That is a lot of beans.
I'll be giving ten pounds of frozen to the daughter and grandchildren.

My two freezers are getting filled up, I picked enough wild blueberries for six pies and five cakes, and four one cup packages for muffins or pancakes. I have enough cherries picked for three pies and three cakes. I hope there is no problem with a long power outage or I will be inviting people over to eat.
Winter comes and I don't worry, things stay froze fine in the winter here.

To keep on track with the thread I should mention, there is no copper sulfite on anything I have, it is a good fungicide but too much is not good.

It sounds like you have a lot more experience at gardening than I do, most of my experience is from doing it when I was under fifteen, that is a long time ago. My father sprayed DDT because it was said to be completely safe. When the bad stuff came out about DDT, he felt bad because he had passed on a lie.....He sold the farm the following year.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Where can you get that stuff, I hand memory loss.

The Bot

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by dlbott

I get the twin labs multi-mineral tabs from vitacost. It's about ten bucks for a three months supply. It isn't a super high dose mineral pill, it's a supplement. It contains the sodium molybate form and the other minerals are in a well absorbed form too. It does help me think better but I think the main reason is because of the enzymes and the increase in oxygen. You can get it from almost any vitamin store, but it costs about sixteen bucks.

There are many multi-mineral brands out there but some of them have real high doses and some don't contain molybdenum.

Try eating more nuts and seeds. Sunflower seeds that are baked and salted are cheap and they work, they also help if you are constipated.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   

S&F - very nice find. Interesting article. Don't know that I buy it 100%. Have some little experience with copper mines and the incidence of porphyria (the vampire disease.) There is a possibility that it comes from long-term exposure and becomes full-blown in offspring. Even as late as the 1990's, the only treatment (other than stay out of the sun and don't drink) was leeches. This would presumably have come from aerosolized copper dust from the mining process.

The article mentions long term exposure and the passing of the blood brain barrier. It doesn't mention where the tiny particles of copper that could perform these feats came from or how they came into existence.

I suspect a cover-up of some new manufacturing process. I also suspect a cover-up of aluminum as it relates to Alzheimers'.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by luxordelphi

I have either AIP porpheria or Wilsons disease, I grew up in the copper country. My ancestors worked in the copper mines both in Hancock and back farther in Finland. It is hard to tell if it is porphyria or Wilsons, I took the molybdenum and my eyes got greener, the fleishmans rings took all over the eye, filling it in with a brownish green. After a few years on the molybdenum I had the rings and now they are gone. A doctor would have never known unless they saw me when half the copper was gone and the rings were left. The AIP would be from ancestors having lead poisoning. Eating rabbit and partridge shot with lead bbs from a shotgun. Mine wasn't active unless I screwed up with eating.....and of course when I took long term meds that messed with the P450 enzymes. I don't get rashes to anything but propylene glycol, but my inflamation gets under the skin and it disolves the hooks so my skin gets loose. Still a problem but none of the skin problems the other porphyrias have. There are a couple of different skin types on people.

Molybdenum also chealates aluminum out of the body, it likes to bind to aluminum, aircraft aluminum has molybdenum in it.

Porphyria and Wilsons are both caused by heavy metals, it is hard to tell them apart, porphyria is actually what developes from metabolic issues, it is not really a disease as far as I can tell. I had the pink pee and in the sun it turned purple but I can control that easily now that I know how foods work in the body.

My body temp is 97, both my parents had a 97 temperature, my brothers is 96.8. Granddaughter was 96.8 till she started to go through puberty. Points towards wilsons

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
When it comes to Alzheimers, I have recently began to suspect, due to the high number of baby boomers suffering from such, it is not copper, but lead poisoning. The reason that I came to this, is that for the longest time, all gas had a lead additive that went into the air and polluted the environment, and that it is a combination of heavy metals that is causing the higher rates of Alzheimers we are seeing today, along with a decreation nutritional value in the foods that are being consumed.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

Molybdenum chealates out lead and mercury also. Remember, garlic does this, garlic is a seed and seeds contain molybdenum. The sulfur compounds in foods actually chelate out heavy metals, but molybdenum works with sulfur in the body to help to keep them from causing breathing type problems, so you can increase sulfur levels without a problem.

Molybdenum helps with four enzymes, giving the enzymes what they need to work right opens up some ways to detox.

I tried those kinoke foot pads, they worked well, but they were expensive. So I studied what they contained extensively. Magnesium sulfate and Witch hazel are cheap and these can open the nodes in the bottom of your feet. soaking the feet in epsoms salt is a lot cheaper.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   

when should we come over for dinner again?

sounds like you have things well under control for gardening. it's all about balance in the soil, just like in life really.

when our soils become mineral depleted and 90% of commercial farms have been, then it's out of balance and everything goes wrong, from lack of nutrient uptake, PH imbalances, CEC levels low and well you name it and it's out of whack and won't grow very well considering.

i try to tell everyone get yourself some glacial rock dust or any granite rock dust and spread that in your soil, you can go about 10lbs per 100sqft and get great long term benefits from that alone. you see minerals give beneficial microbes a place to adhere to and grow along with the constant supply of critical minerals to the plants as well.

compost also is a real gem and contrary to popular belief, it's not hard to make and no you don't have to turn or tend it ever to get great compost.

just make several piles of grass, manure, straw, leaves, whatever and in a year or so that pile can be applied to the soil, simple and less waste in the garbage or landfill.

our current levels of nutrients and minerals in commercially grown foods is dismal, you get calories without nutrients, just enough to keep a person surviving, but not thriving and often ill (Alzheimer's)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   

I can't get a compost pile to work here, the deer eat everything I throw into that spot just off the deck. I have to try to convince them to poop in a certain spot.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

So, all onions, eaten raw, would have molybdenum in them?
Would the same be said for green onions, or just the mature bulbs?

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

If the onion was grown on soils that had it in it. an onion is not really a seed but it does contain some. I don't know if it is bioavailable in the onion though, it may have to be cooked. Onions are high in certain beneficial sulfur compounds though, it can help to neutralize cyanide in the body. Cyanide makes you thirsty. If you have a thirst that won't go away eat an onion or eat grapefruit, the theosulfate combines with the cyanide to tie up the cyanide and take it out of the body. Cyanide is a byproduct of some bacteria that live in the body and also of our own cell death. It is nothing to worry about, but everyone should be aware of the thirst that won't go away.

I am not sure about green onions, I never researched that. If you find articles on this, it is surprising how much food containing this that we need to supply the small requirements because it is bound and not bioavailable..

edit on 21-8-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   

See that's the ting...how many of the foods that have it...would have it if the soil is depleted...and can't we assume most commercially grown veggies come from depleted soils??

www.healthylivinganswers.com...
www.online-family-doctor.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join