It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you live in a “Fourth Amendment Free Zone?”

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carreau
reply to post by tothetenthpower

You forgot something. Technically any airport that receives an international flight will meet the definition of an international border. So now you need a 100 mile radius for each and every airport that has any flights arriving from outside the US.

I remember seeing a map with the airports that you mention included. It was posted here on ATS some time ago. The remaining areas that still have Constitutional protection were small in comparison.

I will try to find it.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   

When I was young I was traveling with someone who had never been in the United States before. We were going across several states in order to do some sight seeing of the United States. It was commented, "this is so amazing, to be able to cross from one state into another and no one stops you and asks for your papers. You are truly free here, you can do what you like and do not have to answer to the government"

I was proud to live here, proud of this country then.. It was people who were not from the United States that made me fall in love with it, and in love with the constitution. It was people from overseas who made me realize what it was we had.

A couple years ago I took greyhound bus from texas up through california to seattle. The bus was stopped regularly and I had to show my papers, I had to many times throughout that trip prove I was a citizen and answered questions concerning why I was traveling with my granddaughter. I thought back to that trip, and how it was no longer true, we were not free anymore.

I have been sad ever since.

It's scary, when places like Russia, who we were taught from childhood was synonymous with a police state, is freer than we are here, in the land of the free.... I see a day that same Russia may possibly end up being the ones to help the people get their freedoms back... and that is frightening indeed.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Tenth, your map is quite the reality check.
Though I must concur with my fellow ATSers that the center of the country should be riddled with orange dots marking international airports, bus and train stations (which are the TSA's newest targets). If one want's to be completely OCD about the whole thing, you might consider coloring the whole damned thing orange, since the NSA is now illegally searching our computers, phones, and social media sites, and let us not forget the States that have already implemented RFID Driver's Licenses.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by FugitiveSoul

Reply the adjusted the map andf then we'll well talk about the contitution.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carreau
reply to post by FugitiveSoul

Reply the adjusted the map andf then we'll well talk about the contitution.

Did you have a stroke or is that response a result of smartphone-itis?

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   
How come this thread hasn't gotten more attention?

This seems like an important issue... thankfully for me, both my current and future locations aren't in those orange "Hands down yer pants" areas, but all the same, its pretty infuriating. I'll have to be on my toes if I ever find myself in Myrtle Beach again.

Wake up, folks. This is not cool.

S&F

edit on 19-8-2013 by XxNightAngelusxX because: typos

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
By the power vested in me I hereby declare the entire Continental United States a DHS Free Zone.
There ya go, problem fixed.

The government is not going to change this, nor will DHS.
The people are the only hope for removing this cancerous lesion and it will continue until we the people remove it.
edit on 5-10-2013 by Asktheanimals because: corrections

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
For anyone interested. I posted this video and links in a newer thread which has now been closed, and redirected to this one.

ACLU - Constitution Free Zone

The following links were hunted down, and provided by adjensen.

Powers
Definitions

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Since DUI checkpoints are legal in the whole country, seems to me the whole map should be orange.

You do not have to provide a password to unlock any electronic device. Of course, if it is a computer, the data is easy to steal unless you have encryption. For a smart phone, other than a Blackberry, your data is theirs, even with lock codes.

Regarding stop and frisk, read up on the Terry Stop:
Terry Stop

Regarding objects in plain site, if you drive a hatch back or SUV, you are especially vulnerable to such searches. I keep a few "movers pads" in the back and routinely cover my cargo. If you have a Harbor Freight, they are only a few dollars each. A good investment in my opinion.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   

The ACLU hatches this as a "recent" revelation but honestly, this "zone" was created back in 1977 or thereabouts. Whatever though...

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I have a problem with the ACLU map that shows all of Michigan, and parts of Wisconsin and Illinois in this constitution free zone. Technically, Lake Michigan is the only Great Lake completely within the U.S. borders and it's much farther from our international border with Canada than 100 miles. Maybe they consider Lake Michigan international waters? I bet they would have a problem with the Chinese and Russian navy doing exercises in any of the Great Lakes, much less Lake Michigan.

Just go to Google maps and check the distance from the Canadian border. Basically, in the southern lower peninsula, if you are west of 127, and north bound 69, then your rights should still be safe. Then starting with Midland and going north to I-75, west of there should be safe. Now cut across from Roscommon to Kalkaska and most of that northern tip of the lower is inside the 100 mile constitution free zone. Most of the eastern U.P. west to about 41, and all of the Kewinaw peninsula is also in the constitution free zone.

I wonder about 100 miles from Indian reservations, if that is included considering they are more or less foreign countries within our borders. That would cover most of the western states.

Does anyone know why Lake Michigan is considered inside this 100 mile border zone? The ACLU wasn't too helpful in this respect.

I'll be posting this in every thread with this topic. Thanks for any replies in advance.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join