It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosion Reported On Manhattan’s Queensboro Bridge In NYC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Has anyone heard reports or have eyewitness reporting on the explosion today in Manhattan?

I came onto ATS to get the scoop but found nothing yet. here is a link to the event. I will do some checking and get back to this thread for those of you like myself that are new to this story.

countdowntozerotime.com...
edit on 16-8-2013 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
From the link above it is still unclear as to the cause of the explosion, I will keep looking, ok from Huffington Post :

A truck reportedly caught fire while crossing the Ed Koch-Queensboro Bridge Friday around 11 a.m., PIX11 reports, delaying traffic. At about 12:30 p.m., firefighters extinguished the flames.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

(Some of the comments to the article are interesting to read)
edit on 16-8-2013 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Firefighters put out Queensboro Bridge truck fire, but bridge remains closed as officials inspect the damage
www.nydailynews.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Good day Antar,

I was actually speaking with a client from that area today and he mentioned having seen some sort of vehicle fire on the bridge. I decided not to ask further questions about it though.

ETA: Looks like the information was posted while I was writing. Thanks for the confirmation

edit on 16-8-2013 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
While searching Youtube it seems this is not such an uncommon occurrence on the 59th st bridge. That it happened at noon day during peak lunchtime traffic would have been very frightening for those close by. Good to know it was not some terrorist attack.

new topics

top topics

join