It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN: Area 51 Officially Acknowledged, Mapped in Newly Released Documents

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...
www.gwu.edu...

edit on 15-8-2013 by FosterVS because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
so?

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
That's impossible. The TV told me for decades that only liars and crazy people think Area 51 is real. They also said its best to make fun of these crazy people, in order to help them to conform to society.

Therefore : "LOL u r so stupid! u Prolly think aliens r reel 2!!! OMG stop being Sooooo dum and come watch Jersey shore w me! it'll raize you're IQ! ! "

Seriously, however, I thought it had been officially recognized years ago now? I didn't even realize that its existence was even a debate anymore - just what they do there being the ongoing debate.
edit on 15-8-2013 by Cataka because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by FosterVS

I already started a thread on this just under your one. It's called u-2 history complete but it includes this stuff aswell.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by FosterVS
www.cnn.com...
www.gwu.edu...

edit on 15-8-2013 by FosterVS because: (no reason given)

thahat's not a map..

it's swamp gas

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
My God....!!!!! Oregon is a real place !!!!!

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cataka
That's impossible. The TV told me for decades that only liars and crazy people think Area 51 is real. They also said its best to make fun of these crazy people, in order to help them to conform to society.

Therefore : "LOL u r so stupid! u Prolly think aliens r reel 2!!! OMG stop being Sooooo dum and come watch Jersey shore w me! it'll raize you're IQ! ! "

Seriously, however, I thought it had been officially recognized years ago now? I didn't even realize that its existence was even a debate anymore - just what they do there being the ongoing debate.
edit on 15-8-2013 by Cataka because: (no reason given)

Wait. Jersey Shore is real???

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
The base was never classified anyway.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stealthbomber

I already started a thread on this just under your one. It's called u-2 history complete but it includes this stuff aswell.

I see that now bro, didn't compute until I visited the site.
Which must be getting pounded hard, I've been trying to download those documents for hours now.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   

FosterVS

Originally posted by Stealthbomber

I see that now bro, didn't compute until I visited the site.
Which must be getting pounded hard, I've been trying to download those documents for hours now.

I just started too. It's taking its time...

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by boomer135

If you guys have any problems just let me know n ill upload the PDF somewhere for you to download.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   
This is more of the same..."so what...we knew that already..."...like the Snowden case.

But it isn't. It's nice reference for all future debunkers...yes...conspiracies do happen...and yes...the Government/Military is keeping many secrets from you.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I think this is an attempt to but a giant middle finger up at as all.

For years we have been speculating, and we still can, but this provides more facts and confirms what is most likely the reality of what is going on there. They have just led us on a goose chase.

Also, it could also mean that if Area 51 is not that important the US government anymore.... What are they really hiding elsewhere.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I'm sure everyone knew area51 existed without being told by big daddy "you're right son here's a map showing it" thing is, while we all stand outside area51 baying for blood, IS IT just a front, where is the real action situated or stowed away.... not saying this is true but it can't be denied either....

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by flipflop
I'm sure everyone knew area51 existed without being told by big daddy "you're right son here's a map showing it" thing is, while we all stand outside area51 baying for blood, IS IT just a front, where is the real action situated or stowed away.... not saying this is true but it can't be denied either....

You can see the entire base on Google maps satellite view. Go north of indian springs it is nestled in between papoose mountain and bald mountain next to the dry lake bed (groom lake). There is a giant X on groom lake for some odd reason, and the bulk of the complex is built underground and into the mountain.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by DYepes

Sorry, DYepes, but the is no underground complex at Area 51. What you see is what you get: hangars, runways, radar sites, administration buildings and support infrastructure. That's it.

The existence of the Groom Lake facility has never been secret. In 1955 the CIA crafted a statement for release to the news media through the Atomic Energy Commission to inform the public of construction of the new base. This statement, describing the location and basic configuration of the airfield (then known as Watertown Airstrip) was given to newspapers, television reporters, and radio stations in Nevada and Utah. In 1959, the media was further informed of progress on "Project 51" at Groom Lake where EG&G was moving their radar facilities. In January 1960, an unclassified Nevada Test Site newsletter published "new Area 51 telephone numbers" for the base commander, security office, and base contractor. Area 51 appeared on numerous unclassified maps, including those handed out to the general public by the AEC. The most famous acknowledgement of the existence of the facility was the 1995 declaration by President Bill Clinton in regard to "the Air Force operating location near Groom Lake." The CIA declassified its association with Area 51 in 2010, finally allowing the terms "Groom Lake" and "Area 51" to be used freely in discussions and documents regarding the Agency's historic activities at the site.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
This picture is my favorite so far because it looks so strange thanks to that jeep and odd upside-down jet radar thing

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Em2013
This picture is my favorite so far because it looks so strange thanks to that jeep and odd upside-down jet radar thing

Yeah they always hang the jets upside down when testing the RCS. makes for an interesting photo to say the least!

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
1. Area 51 is probably not even relevant to the big picture. The government probably just wanted everyone to be obsessed with it while it worked on it's real business in Alaska or something.

2. Or maybe they just want you to think that, and Area 51 is attempting to hide in plain site. A "secret base which is not actually that secret due to pop culture etc" but actually being secret even if people roll their eyes at the notion of Area 51 being relevant these days.

Who knows. We won't. Creating confusion is easier than people think.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by LoveFurther

What's good for Area 51 is that to good to a good view point where you would actually see a test is pretty difficult without being seen first.

So they would know your there before you get there and decide whether to test an aircraft or not, but even if they do decide to test an aircraft while your on tikkaboo peak the chances of you getting a pic are pretty slim as they fly on moonless nights and just use one light while taking off. So in the distance all you would be able to make out is that one light against a dark sky.

You have to give groom lake so credit after all these years no one has been able to manage to get a decent picture of a test article flying out of it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join