It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Taser 11-Year-Old Autistic Girl Found Wandering Naked on Highway

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Hecate666

Originally posted by fenson76

Originally posted by eManym
An 11 year old girl wondering the highway, in the nude, is quite strange and the LEO probably suspected mental illness or drug intoxication. What is he to do to subdue her? Incapacitate her so he doesn't get bit or scratched. Although cruel, what other options are there, animal snare?

You are defending a tactic that his fellow officers relieved him for using. As far as having to use a taser....it's called using your hands. Most of them wear kevlar gloves anyways. Big strong cop can't handle a little girl? come on.

Also if anyone actually bothered to watch the video. The traffic was already stopped, she could have run around as much as she'd liked as no cars were driving near her. So the first quoter above has no leg to stand on. Secondly, seeing a naked child does not make me bark orders at her which will result in pain if not obeyed. First and foremost a properly trained [female even] officer should feel protective. As the father said [if you would have watched the video - fenson76], she is a happy girl and loves cars. Going up to her, kneeling down, calling her sweety and taking her hand, she would have happily followed the disgusting police woman into the cruiser, because she likes going into cars. The girl shoudl have been treated like a victim, not a f&&ing criminal.

So a little bit of compassion would have solved everything in a really humane way, no snares or traps needed.

Last but not least I'd like to ask why all police in the states think that everyone is some kind of wild monster that needs hurting, rather than being trained to read a situation?
Your police thinks that all of you are enemies rather than humans that need protecting.

I once found an old lady in front of our house, who wore no underpants. She was confused and so I called the police [UK]. They were so nice and calm and friendly to this woman who would NOT do anything they asked her to. An ambulance was called but she didn't want to go, so nobody could force her. I gave her a pair of trousers to wear and she was let go because an adult can not be forced.

I read later that she was found by her son, still wandering around.

But what I am saying here is had this been in the US, this poor lady would probably be dead of a heart attack by tazer.

I can not condone what the first quoter said. There was NO excuse whatsoever for using the tazer in this case. Even trying to justify it is completely out of order.

Did you read what I said? I was saying it was wrong. Why the attitude?

<< 6  7  8   >>

join