It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TV Shows that scared/scarred you for life

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
ok, cant think of a TV prog (mabe the Tomorrow People, ot The Tripods (now I've aged myself)), however, movie wise...

I present the scene that launched a thousand phhobias...

Sleep tight....mwaahhh haaaa haaaaaaaaaa

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

I am sure someone here on ATS will know the movie you are talking about...there are many on here that have photographic memories...it amazes me, I have asked for help to find stuff such as music and bada bing bada bang they just know...

and thanks for the compliment on the horse as my avatar I only wish I owned him but he is owned by google image

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Could this be the movie you're referring to??

Visitors of the Night

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I told a neighbor friend about this thread. She said when she was in junior high school, she would babysit for a relative who had three little girls. The youngest was 6. She let them watch this movie on TV. (big mistake!)
The youngest girl was terribly traumatized by it. It's called 'Don't Be Afraid of the Dark'. It's been remade recently.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Em2013

You are right!

For me it was a pathetic Hammer Production when i was about
8 years old.

"Dracula Prince of Darkness"
I was traumatised for years.. never quite got over the
feeling of dread ..anywhere near an old castle . and still
when it's dark.

There I confess.

Seems stupid really by todays standards

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
DP
edit on 13-8-2013 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColeYounger

Visitors of the Night

Wow that's close. It's not that one, but I have seen it as well.. Thank you for that. At least now I have some partial satisfaction. This has bugged me for years.

How in the world did you even find that.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

Originally posted by Em2013
Nothing like a good television show to ruin your childhood am I right? We've all watched X-Files and by the gods that was certainly a difficult show to digest at such a young age. But you know what was an even scarier show? Unsolved Mysteries. Some of the scenes from that show is still engraved into my brain like this one guy having a grid of burn marks on his body from an alien space craft. I remember also stumbling upon the outer limits and I didn't know what that show was but thought it was the news, and it scared me because I thought aliens were here.

Maybe it's because of these shows that I have had trouble sleeping at night? Have any shows scarred you?

Thanks for the reminder on unsolved mysteries. I remember watching that a lot, but now there is another show that is the same name but it's all crime stuff? the one I watched was usually ghosts or aliens.

There is a movie I can't find that had a woman alone in a house with a baby. then this either blue or red light starts trying to shine through the windows and doors. The washer or something starts shaking and shes holding the baby saying "no you can't take him." Then the screws on the air conditioning vents start unscrewing and the baby is being sucked away.. I think it was about aliens but I don't know, right as the baby is taken the power went out and I was all the sudden alone in my pitch black basement...

I want to know what that movie was. Im still scared of the dark after that one haha..

That really does sound like close encounters...try this clip from about the 2 min mark..

couldnt find it in english but it has all of the events you mention above....air vents unscrewing...rattling washer...and, int he english version, she does shout "you cant have him"

edit on 13-8-2013 by idmonster because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by idmonster

That really does sound like close encounters...try this clip from about the 2 min mark..

couldnt find it in english but it has all of the events you mention above....air vents unscrewing...rattling washer...and, int he english version, she does shout "you cant have him"

edit on 13-8-2013 by idmonster because: (no reason given)

Oh..
wow..

I feel silly now.

You are correct. That is exactly what I was talking about.

posted by shells4u

Was it Close encounters of the 3rd kind???

yes you were right..

edit on 8/14/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Nothing like a good television show to ruin your childhood am I right? We've all watched X-Files and by the gods that was certainly a difficult show to digest at such a young age. But you know what was an even scarier show? Unsolved Mysteries. Some of the scenes from that show is still engraved into my brain like this one guy having a grid of burn marks on his body from an alien space craft. I remember also stumbling upon the outer limits and I didn't know what that show was but thought it was the news, and it scared me because I thought aliens were here.

Maybe it's because of these shows that I have had trouble sleeping at night? Have any shows scarred you?

Way to make a person feel old!

I watched those as an adult, so they didn't scare me. Honestly, other than a couple of late night horror movies, I can't think of a television show that DID scare me. Then, the things I remember were pretty tame by later standards. I cut teeth on Star Trek, watched old Twilight Zone and Outer Limits, enjoyed things like The Brady Bunch, Gilligan's Island, The Waltons, Little House on the Prairie, Bonanza, the original Fantasy Island, The A-Team, and so forth. No scares there.

Movies, now.....there were a couple, but you'll laugh. The original The Blob scared me a LOT. I made elaborate escape plans, in case it showed up. Yeah, laugh, but I was SMALL then, like 5-7. Even now, I can appreciate how well done it was for the day, and the great use they made of suspense. The other that scared me was a segment from Trilogy of Terror, with that nasty little statue. That thing gave me nightmares, and my sister took advantage, and made a mock-up of the thing. Very creepy! I got my revenge, though, when she was scared, at a much older age, by Salem's Lot.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Sleeping with the chainsaw tonight Gazrock ?

Don't forget to check under the bed

That and the Banana Splits...I mean, what the hell were they thinking? We were only children! Why???

Aw, come on - loved both of those! Really.......alright, you can stop backing away now.....

*sings softly*..."one banana, two banana, three banana, four..."

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by windsorblue
reply to post by Em2013

There was an episode of 'Star Trek' that included a big baldy guy ( the alter ego of a little alien fella if I remember correctly) I cant remember what the episode was called but that thing led to many a sleepless night when I was a nipper...they also used to stick his big head in the closing credits sometimes, the horrible bald b****rd that he was....In his autobiography, Simon Pegg also said he was terrified of the big fella, so I'm glad it wasn't just me

The Corbomite maneuver, I believe. Cool episode!

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Thanks for the reminder on unsolved mysteries. I remember watching that a lot, but now there is another show that is the same name but it's all crime stuff? the one I watched was usually ghosts or aliens.

There is a movie I can't find that had a woman alone in a house with a baby. then this either blue or red light starts trying to shine through the windows and doors. The washer or something starts shaking and shes holding the baby saying "no you can't take him." Then the screws on the air conditioning vents start unscrewing and the baby is being sucked away.. I think it was about aliens but I don't know, right as the baby is taken the power went out and I was all the sudden alone in my pitch black basement...

I want to know what that movie was. Im still scared of the dark after that one haha..

This sounds like a scene from Close Encounters of the Third Kind. Very intense scene.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColeYounger

Visitors of the Night

Wow that's close. It's not that one, but I have seen it as well.. Thank you for that. At least now I have some partial satisfaction. This has bugged me for years.

How in the world did you even find that.

You mentioned something about the tubes and the baby. I immediatley remembered the word 'Visitors' in the movie title.
I found it after a 'subject matter' search. Wow...I didnt realize how long ago it was when I saw that movie!

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by UnBreakable

Sounds absolutely ghastly. Guess I'll have to look into it. BTW way, you ever peep the "V" series about the mass alien landings/invasion. That one was also pretty freaky.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by SallieSunshine

"SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE!!" thanks for that. I knew I was forgetting one. That one and the "V' series.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Imagine watching this as a 6 year old....

Scarred me for life!

Funny seeing Admiral Ozzel from Empire strikes back (and for UK people Mr Bronson from Grange Hill!) getting eaten up...

edit on 14-8-2013 by MrKipling because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Whoa.

How did I know you were going to say that? Just reading the thread title invoked the memory of that haunting tune from unsolved mysteries. Loved that show. Yeah it was disturbing. That is why we watched.

There were topics other than missing persons, like less mundane unexplained phenomena and lost treasure.

As a kid, the idea of somebody vanishing without a trace and never to be found seemed so bizarre, knowing that they were probably murdered by some creep in a dirty van.

Seems like this show aired shortly before the time came when parents stopped letting their kids roam the streets...
edit on 14/8/13 by SlackOps because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

Thanks for bringing back my nightmares lol . H.R. Pufnstuf was one big mind screw . I think they (the creators & designers of the show) consumed far to many psychedelic drugs back when we were young .
edit on 14-8-2013 by whenandwhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   
The Goonies. I remember the first time i ever saw Sloth. It terrified me at a young age, having visions of him popping out from under the sofa. Though I used to watch things like Steven Spielbergs IT, Predator was my favorite film around the age of 4 and i had no problems with anything scary, but the goonies terrified me ... I was a strange kid.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join