It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TV Shows that scared/scarred you for life

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Nothing like a good television show to ruin your childhood am I right? We've all watched X-Files and by the gods that was certainly a difficult show to digest at such a young age. But you know what was an even scarier show? Unsolved Mysteries. Some of the scenes from that show is still engraved into my brain like this one guy having a grid of burn marks on his body from an alien space craft. I remember also stumbling upon the outer limits and I didn't know what that show was but thought it was the news, and it scared me because I thought aliens were here.

Maybe it's because of these shows that I have had trouble sleeping at night? Have any shows scarred you?

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Sightings, anything with the Grays used to terrify me and my friends.

I remember having a sleep over in my friends front living room, that had huge floor to ceiling windows that looked out on to an acre of forest land... You can imagine how watching Sightings and going to bed went.
edit on 12-8-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Em2013

I agree. Unsolved Mysteries use to freak me out when I was younger. They really put the realism into the dramatizations. Plus Robert Stack's voice didn't help matters.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Sightings was another good one to freak me out before bed.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
You kids think you have it bad with Unsolved Mysteries and X-Files, this is what my generation had to mess with our heads when we were kids.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
When I was 10 years old I loved watching x-files
But sleeping afterwards was a impossible task

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
There was a movie called It's Alive back in the early 70's, and THAT movie scared me more than anything else I have ever seen. I've seen it since, and it is a dumb movie, but back when I was around 7 years old....it scared me so bad.....lol

edit on 12-8-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Courage the Cowardly Dog!!

THIS HAS TO BE THE CREEPIEST CARTOON!

Folks this was for 5,6,7,8 yrs old kids!

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
It was Outer Limits for me. I didn't sleep well in the 60's especially after watching that and the Twilight Zone with Rod Serling.

edit on 12-8-2013 by NightFlight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I know it dates me a little bit but I think one of the more formative shows for my single digit years at the time was Leonard Nimoy's "In Search Of". They had the oddest things (for that time, especially) and are what I think of as the modern day forerunner to things like the ATS community and some passing conspiracy theory TV today.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
Courage the Cowardly Dog!!

THIS HAS TO BE THE CREEPIEST CARTOON!

Folks this was for 5,6,7,8 yrs old kids!

It all makes sense if you realize it was all in Courages head, the real world from a small lap dogs perspective. I remember watching it and looking at my dog wondering if the world was that frightening for him.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
The only thing that really scarred me as a kid was seeing the Raiders of the Lost Ark on TV when I was like 10 during a hockey trip,

when their faces melted, it was like I saw a ghost, it just numbed me right up for weeks.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
This wasn't a show, it was a public information video shown on tv in the 1970's, being only little I found this one paticularly scary lol, pretty tame by today's standards.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

Great....time to go back to therapy.....

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
The Twilight Zone reruns always played on our tv whenever they were on and I remember one in paticular very well.

Twilight Zone was great, many of the original episodes are classics imo. But it's this one..... this one has haunted me since i was a child. My daughter has a doll whose eyes open like the doll on the episode and I just can't stand looking at it, haha.

edit on 12-8-2013 by brandiwine14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by NightFlight

Absolutely Outer Limits. Especially the episode "Zanti Misfits." Holy cow, those big creepy faced ants still give me the creeps.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Damn, you beat me to it.

Something about the way Nimoy narrated that show made any subject really creepy.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
For me I think it would be "The Tomorrow People" thinking of that show still gives me the willies.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Em2013

I don't know about tv shows but "Nightmare on Elm Street" messed me up.....

TV shows I would have to say "Tales From The Crypt".

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by Carreau

Great....time to go back to therapy.....

Sleeping with the chainsaw tonight Gazrock ?

Don't forget to check under the bed

Cody

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join